Do you wear women's clothes?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just askin ...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, mainly cause I'm a woman :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: But in all seriousness I buy men's Nike cotton basketball shorts and wear those around the house in summer, super comfortable and longer than the non flattering super short women's ones.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but I'm partial to men's t-shirts from Kohl's for lounge wear.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'm very curvy and men's clothes are WAY to "straight" cut for my body.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask first what you consider women's clothes lol. Do you mean skirts and dresses? Or just clothes from the women's section?

I like my husband's shirts. I get his hand me downs often but I would not wear his pants or anything else he wears. I'm 4'11 and he's 5'11. It would be much too big.

I don't do many dresses and skirts unless I have an event where I need to wear one. I'm usually found in women's athleisure wear because I find that much more comfortable and it is more appropriate for my height.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
edit
holy cow i read this thread the wrong way round

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On special occasions when I’m socially required to.

Reactions: AV_

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
men's clothes are warmer, cheaper and comfortable but Gary hates when i wear men's clothes
so yes i do where ladies clothes

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, for daytime wear. But for night time I wear men's boxers with my women's teeshirt, so comfy!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
nope

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love women's clothes. Leggings are a staple of my wardrobe. As are tunics and dresses and OTK boots. All very feminine IMO. However I say wear what you want to wear and do not pay attention to the label of feminine or masculine. Women's clothes, men's clothes, it all comes down to wearing what makes you feel good.

fashion.jpg

And this quote comes to mind.

One can never be overdressed or overeducated.
-Oscar Wilde

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For casual clothes, I prefer men's clothing as they are looser and baggier.

Formal clothes are made to measure as I had difficulties finding ones that fit off the shelf.

Underwears are female clothing off the shelf.

DK :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. When I was heavier I often wore men's flannel shirts and sweatshirts, but now I am so petite (people often use that word about me because my bones are small, I am not just thin) that I need to wear XS in women's clothes. That does not mean I dress "girly-girly". Unless I have a special occasion I usually wear jeans and a layer or so of long sleeve designer stretch tops. I only wear a belt if I am trying to impress someone since my belts are chosen for fashion. :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, all the time :mrgreen:

Q

Queenie60

Yes, I am quite feminine and enjoy being a girl!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I have never shared clothes with a man I was in a relationship with. The only time I purchased myself men's clothing was years ago when I was pregnant in the wintertime. I wanted some huge comfy flannel shirts and bought a few from LLBean.

Now, keeping my daughters out of my closet is another problem entirely!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I have never shared clothes with a man I was in a relationship with. The only time I purchased myself men's clothing was years ago when I was pregnant in the wintertime. I wanted some huge comfy flannel shirts and bought a few from LLBean.

Now, keeping my daughters out of my closet is another problem entirely!

I still relate to those huge, comfy shirts from LLBean. I no longer wear them, but they have pleasant associations! I always have a pair of LLBean women's jeans lined in flannel for the winter, too.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear women's clothing only, but when I was a teenager I loved men's shirts and wool sweaters in soft colors. Somehow they looked good on me back then, but not now.

I'm WAY too heavy and curvy to wear anything men's. I have to dress carefully to flatter a heavier figure, so usually, that means carefully-cut women's clothing.

If I ever manage to be slim again, I'm gonna wear dresses permanently!! They're so comfortable and you don't have to worry about the top and bottom matching. (I'm talking about dresses made of stretch fabric that you can just pull on and go, not formal dresses with linings and zips.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think kenny may be right about people varying. With a dress, what do you do about your legs? Like missy, I sometimes wear leggings. I don't enjoy dresses much, however, and I am very slim. Because then I have to wear stockings and find shoes that look good with a dress (I have very bad feet. Bunions.) Jeans or slacks or leggings are a breeze! No need to have tiny shoes on. No need for stockings.

I wear women's clothing only, but when I was a teenager I loved men's shirts and wool sweaters in soft colors. Somehow they looked good on me back then, but not now.

I'm WAY too heavy and curvy to wear anything men's. I have to dress carefully to flatter a heavier figure, so usually, that means carefully-cut women's clothing.

If I ever manage to be slim again, I'm gonna wear dresses permanently!! They're so comfortable and you don't have to worry about the top and bottom matching. (I'm talking about dresses made of stretch fabric that you can just pull on and go, not formal dresses with linings and zips.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think kenny may be right about people varying. With a dress, what do you do about your legs? Like missy, I sometimes wear leggings. I don't enjoy dresses much, however, and I am very slim. Because then I have to wear stockings and find shoes that look good with a dress (I have very bad feet. Bunions.) Jeans or slacks or leggings are a breeze! No need to have tiny shoes on. No need for stockings.

off tooic but i was reading an article the other day about The Dutchess of Cornwall and her bunions
she wears shoes that help
do you know this brand?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've rarely worn dresses in my life, but I've done so about a third of the time during intense summer heat the last few summers, just out of desperation to be cooler. So it's been pull-on dress (from LL Bean) flipflips, and go. That's why I think of dresses as easy.

I haven't worn dresses in winter yet. My whole adult life, I preferred jeans bc I think they disguise my lumpiness.

But if I was slim, I can see myself doing thick opaque black tights and calf-high leather boots. After all, you still have to find socks and shoes with jeans!

tights.jpg

When it's really cold, I don't think I'd wear a dress or skirt.

Agree that the whole stockings/pantyhose/suitable shoes thing is a

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a dress, what do you do about your legs?

All my dresses are easy peasy to put on and take off and accessorize. I never wear stockings or tights. If I am wearing a dress I either wear boots (with socks that you cannot see) with a shorter dress or a longer dress with flats. No stockings, no tights. If the dress is too short to not wear something on my legs I wear leggings as tights if that makes sense. Super comfy and it works for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results