shape
carat
color
clarity

do you wear more jewelry on your day off from work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but only when I go out to dinner or special functions. Kind of like my clothes wardrobe.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really. I tend to put on a necklace or something and leave it on for a few weeks and then change it to another one. I don''t really take on and off my jewellery.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not me - I wear the same amount of jewelry whether or not I''m going to work.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear less jewelry when I''m not at work. If I''m hanging around the house I won''t wear any at all. If I''m out running errands I''ll wear an average amount. If I''m going somewhere fancy that warrants bling I''ll pull out the stops though (lol well as many stops as I have in my modest collection of bling).

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I work in food service so I''m only allowed to wear a wedding band and stud earrings. So yes, on my days off I tend to wear more jewelry. Bigger earrings, my e-ring, a RHR...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what I''m doing. When I''m at work, I''m wearing my wedding set, RHR, tennis bracelet, belly-button ring, three-stone necklace, and studs. If I''m at the barn, I''m wearing only my wedding set, belly-button ring, and studs. If I''m just lounging around at home, the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band and belly-button ring.
21.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear that much to begin with so the same.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear less when not at work, since I dress up for work and the weekend tends to find me in jeans and a T-Shirt. Not conducive to layering on the bling.
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No...but then again I am a "less is more" kind of person anyway so I don''t wear too much to begin with. Often just my wedding set and studs. Sometimes I''ll layer a few bezel neckaces or something too, but all very simple.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I tend to wear even more jewelry on my weekends off!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wear the same amount all the time
2.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I wear rings to work every day. On my days off and after work I'm usually at the barn with my horse and I wear NO jewelry. I will never wear jewelry, even a wedding band, around the barn. If I'm going out then I wear a bit of everything. I never wear stuff around the house. I think that's too hard on jewelry - especially rings.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, yes - I''m very conservative at work, but my more-is-more taste comes out when I''m off duty.

At work: horn rimmed glasses, slacks or a suit, hair pulled back, and very discreet jewelry - tiny hoops or studs.

On my own: bohemian gypsy dresses, velvet everything, hair loose to my waist, and the kind of jewelry that would make a Venetian courtesan gone nomad weep with envy.

What can I say? A time and place for everything ....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:05:51 PM
Author: Circe
Oh, yes - I''m very conservative at work, but my more-is-more taste comes out when I''m off duty.

At work: horn rimmed glasses, slacks or a suit, hair pulled back, and very discreet jewelry - tiny hoops or studs.

On my own: bohemian gypsy dresses, velvet everything, hair loose to my waist, and the kind of jewelry that would make a Venetian courtesan gone nomad weep with envy.

This made me smile.
5.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2009 12:10:59 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 3/24/2009 12:05:51 PM

Author: Circe

This made me smile.
5.gif

Heheheh - mission accomplished!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep. Definitely.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:11:21 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
On my days off and after work I''m usually at the barn with my horse and I wear NO jewelry. I will never wear jewelry, even a wedding band, around the barn.
Is it dangerous to have a plain band on in that circumstance, the way it is while working with heavy machinery?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I wear more jewelry when I''m "working" (in court). I''m in school and usually only wear my engagement ring and a simple necklace to class, sometimes with diamond studs.
I make more of an effort to look "put together" where people need to think of me as a competent adult, and sometimes that''s reflected in my jewelry choices (as long as they aren''t too flashy).

When I go out at night, I wear more "fun" jewelry.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Depends on what I am doing. If I am cleaning, I usually wear less. If I am going out, I usually wear more.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:24:01 PM
Author: musey

Date: 3/24/2009 11:11:21 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
On my days off and after work I''m usually at the barn with my horse and I wear NO jewelry. I will never wear jewelry, even a wedding band, around the barn.
Is it dangerous to have a plain band on in that circumstance, the way it is while working with heavy machinery?

Yes I believe it is. I have heard stories of people''s rings getting caught on things inlcuding the lead rope. Not sure how - but I''m not willing to risk it. I don''t want to tear up or lose a finger because I had a ring on. I also don''t want to lose a stone or anything like that. But the danger aspect will keep me from wearing even a simple wedding band. I''ve also heard of people''s earrings getting ripped out if they get caught on things. So while I can''t always envision the scenario, I won''t risk it.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No. You?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yes because I don''t wear jewelry at work
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
No, I wear the same amount.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wear earrings and one to three rings. I might might wear two pairs of earrings if I''m going out to dinner and can''t decide on which to wear.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Not really. On the typical day I can wear earrings, a necklace, my ering, and maybe a RHR. On the weekends, I often just wear earrings and my ering. Maybe if I go to a party I''ll wear bigger flashier earrings than I normally would wear to work or something, but that''s about it.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
dancing fire-just a few of the pendents i wear when working-am proud of the items i own-self designed & built-1st is a 15ct natural alexandrite pendent...

m001.JPG

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is a 8ct natural alexandrite pendent...

m004.JPG

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is 10cts columbian emeralds...

m002.JPG

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is a 2.2ct brazillian paraiba tourmaline-a rare but fun item...

m003.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results