shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear a ring on your left middle finger?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Do you wear a ring on your left hand middle finger next to your engagement ring/wedding set? If you do, did you choose a different style ring from the wedding set - e.g. curved/wavy design vs straight lines of a wedding set or did you stay with similar style?

I would love to see pictures if you have any. ;))

Also, in terms of metal - how important is it to stay with the same one (i.e. 18kt WG in my case) - can I go down to 14kt WG or even 10kt WG without leading to any deformity given the rings would be touching each other?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't wear any rings besides my wedding set, but I almost certainly would not wear them on my same hand. If nothing else, to prevent any banging or damage.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so funny you started this thread when I JUST started wearing a left hand middle finger ring! It's an heirloom that my FMIL had re-sized so I could wear it. I have a 1-ring-per-hand rule though. Anything else makes my fingers uncomfortable, and looks cluttered to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None on my left hand middle finger but I will wear a middle finger and ring finger rings on my right hand.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
ame|1314488306|3002274 said:
I don't wear any rings besides my wedding set, but I almost certainly would not wear them on my same hand. If nothing else, to prevent any banging or damage.

Ditto. My other fingers are left out in the cold!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
No, I think it would bother me

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I wear a claddaugh on the right middle finger.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
No, as it would rub against my wedding set. But I sometimes where a middle finger ring on my right hand.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to wear diamond rings on both my middle fingers: had to stop once I got engaged, for fear they'd damage one another. But I do periodically miss the look.

I think if I were to start again, I'd actually like to get a plain band in a rich yellow gold to contrast with my wedding set: will have to hit the shops and see if it looks as good as I hope it does in my head!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
No I'm not really a fan of rings on the middle finger.

On myself I mean of course, I'm sure they look great on some people.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely be wary of wearing anything with diamonds on the shank if they're likely to touch (on adjacent fingers, say) - given that your fingers will naturally force the bands into each other whenever you close your hands, excessive wear on the metal (or damage to adjacent diamonds if both have melee) seems pretty much a given to me. Unless they're totally burnished into the shank or something.

As for wear - do you plan to wear both together regularly? If so I'd follow the same rules of thumb as if you're wearing them next to each other on the same finger. If you plan to wear them together only occasionally, and if both are plain metal (no gemstones), I'd say don't worry about it.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I don't, because I like my wedding set to be the "star" of that hand.... but I would consider it occassionally for my right hand, IF the rings complemented each other.

annee

Rough_Rock
As a general rule of mine, I don't wear rings next to each other on adjacent fingers for fear of them rubbing together.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never been a fan of rings on any fingers but the ring fingers for myself. But I wouldn't do it anyway because of the damage it might cause my wedding set.

I don't. I'm afraid of any damages it may cause as the others have stated but when I was younger, I used to wear sterling silver rings on my pointer, middle, and ring finger. :tongue:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for all your replies!

I`m currently wearing only my wedding set (and have done so for a long time) but just starting toying with the idea. I used to wear two delicate silver rings next to each other when I was younger, and started missing the look.

I was also thinking if I did go with another ring (I am still in a very hypothetical phase, and so far there are more cons than pros), it would be very understated, most likely just plain WG as I want my wedding set to be the 'star' as Rae nicely put it.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I personally prefer to wear my wedding set only on my left hand. I do have a few wide band rings that fit only on my right middle finger that I wear occasionally.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I did once, I don't have a picture though. I wore a small wedding set(princess about half carat yellow gold with simple platinum yellow gold 4 mm band) and next to it a wide princess baguette ring. It was great together because it just looked like a ton of bling.

Now I wear my upgraded set on my left hand(2 ct round and 2 ct eternity both platinum) and sometimes a simple platinum thin baguette ring on my pointer of my left hand. I skip the middle finger to let my wedding set shine more.

stci

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1314494541|3002709 said:
No, as it would rub against my wedding set. But I sometimes where a middle finger ring on my right hand.

This!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear any other rings on my left hand. Would seem a bit crowded to me and I'd be worried about them banging together.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I have decided not to pursue this idea and let the wedding set shine on its own. :)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
What about a pinky ring? I noticed that I can put something on my pinky and it won't touch my other rings, but on my middle finger they would constantly band together. I would worry about damage that way :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results