shape
carat
color
clarity

do you think its possible...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
for the US postal service to lose a registered mail package?

i sent my rings back to Tacori last saturday and the girl at the USPS 1-800 number said they delivery date was supposed to be march 1st. why i am so worried is because the girl who originally checked in my package at the local post office last week had no clue what she was doing ( I had to tell HER to stamp the darn package and where to put the slips on the box...after all my troubles I am a professional registered mail sender). She held it aside and said she had to ask her supervisor about the stampings and I had to leave because I was already late for work so I never did see what the supervisor suggested or if my package actually got put into the basket to be shipped or whatever. I left with a bad feeling.

i guess if they DO lose it its no big deal b/c its insured and tacori is remaking me new rings anyhow. but my center stone would be lost too
39.gif

. I wish too that the USPS website gave you a play by play on where your package is like UPS and Fed ex do!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well technically, it''s possible. It''s also possible with UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. But the chances of it happening are very slim.

I wouldn''t worry about the package not getting there yet. While in college I worked for The UPS Store, which ships mail, FedEx....essentially everything. And the first thing I learned about USPS is that whenever they give you an expected date of delivery, it''s going to take a couple days longer
2.gif
. Well unless you are paying for priority or overnight. But even then, I have heard stories about how long it really takes.

So I would say that this is completely normal. And unfortunately, last time I checked, USPS waits thirty days before it will declare any packages lost anyway. But not to worry, I''m sure it will arrive today or tomorrow or maybe even Monday unfortunately
6.gif
. But I''m sure it will get there!!

Good luck with everything!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I was surprised last year at how long it took my ring to get from St. Louis to New York. I think registered mail is just VERY slow.

I bet you will be fine.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I think St. Louis mail is the slowest!!!
21.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its cuz all the mail people here are mean and slow. At least at the post offices I frequent. DAMN are they bitchy.

My registered package that I sent to WF on Wed got there today.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
The post office people I''ve run into were all very nice. However, the USPS has teh worst record of losing packages in my experience. By far. UPS is next. Fedex hasn''t lost anything of mine, but I use them the least. Plus, they leave the packages on my front door. No need for signature. I always thought that was odd and a big danger for theft, but anytime I know an expensive item is comign from FedEx, I just have them hold it at the office and pick it up myself.

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I have never had a letter or any package lost py USPS. However, I have lost things through almost every other service.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My experience with FedEx is that a lot of their delivery guys are total klepto''s. Steal packages like crazy.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
In my area, USPS has been horrible lately. I had a package shipped to me in January, and it took almost exactly 1 month to get to me. I had another package that I finally received last week that took nearly 3 weeks to get to me.

Whenever I called to inquire about my packages, they blamed it on the volume of packages that they handle. They said delays are expected especially in December, January, and February. It is currently March, so I don''t know if they would use the same excuse if you called
20.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone!thanks for the responses. i just got an email that the package was delivered today. whew. I guess i was just panicking because of the mess I have been thru with these rings!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 9:44
6.gif
6 PM
Author: glaucomflecken
hi everyone!thanks for the responses. i just got an email that the package was delivered today. whew. I guess i was just panicking because of the mess I have been thru with these rings!
Whew! That''s great news. Now sleep tight.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results