shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you sleep with your studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, maybe that doesn''t sound exactly like I meant it, but here''s the question again: Do you sleep with your earrings in? I have been for a little while but recently have been wondering if this is a good idea. I take them out to clean them, about once a week (should probably do it more often). They are not uncomfortable, and actually it''s comforting knowing where they are- but I''m a little worried about ruining my pierced holes-will they stretch? Has anyone had a problem with this? I know I''m probably making a big deal out of nothing, but I just wondered what everyone else did.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sleep with mine in as the screwbacks are a PITA! No problems at all doing this and I have done so for a long time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have one stud in my left ear [that lobe is double pierced] and i wear a diamond stud in it 24/7...no problems.

wearing heavy earrings in infected ear lobes causes stretching.......

movie zombie

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t sleep with my earrings in, but I have some problems with my right ear. I think it would hurt my ears to sleep with them in because I have pretty sensitive ears. I don''t think you''ll have a problem with your holes stretching if you wear them to bed. I just can''t stand wearing any jewelry to bed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t wear mine that often but i could not sleep with them, they jab me something horrible whenever i even wear them and lay on the couch or something. so i would not be able to sleep with them. i don''t wear ANY jewelry to bed either, i just can''t sleep with stuff on me like that....it''s just a personal thing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t sleep with mine either, they jab me too much. I also like Mara don''t wear any jewelry to bed.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wear my diamond studs when I sleep. They don''t bother me at all. I wear my ering and necklace too. If it doesn''t bother you, there''s no reason to not wear then to sleep.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I do sleep with my studs in, but that''s all the jewelry I can stand to sleep in. I even take jewelry off before napping because it bugs me. I have tension backs, with the little squeezy sides, and they are also a PITA, plus I would probably forget to put them on in the morning if I took them off. Of course, that''s probably why they are kind of dirty, but they don''t jab me at all so I don''t mind them. I can''t even feel them, and the piercing holes haven''t stretched at all.

(I was really careful while writing this post because I realized how easily I could have made this sounds REALLY DIRTY.)
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear stud earrings when I sleep, they don''t bother me. I also never take off whatever necklace/pendant I''m currently wearing. But anything else comes off.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
This is interesting, thanks. Whenever I wore earrings in my 2nd and 3rd set of holes, those hurt a lot to sleep in for sure. I still have that plastic surg appt next week to close those up for good-(feels like forever ago I made the appt). I love how extra holes look on friends, but I just got tired of taking the earrings out and putting them in, getting pairs that graduated in size just right, etc, and am ready for something simple/classic. My present studs don''t poke too much-at least not enough to keep me awake. So far so good.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
The only jewelry I DON''T sleep with on are rings, because my fingers swell terribly while I sleep - seriously, I wake up and they''re 3/4 size bigger. So, that means I sleep every night with my diamond studs and a dainty necklace.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I wear my diamond studs I sleep in them. I have never had any problems.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been sleeping with studs in since I got my ears pierced when I was 7. After 16 years of doing this, the holes haven''t stretched even the slightest bit. I think that only happens if you have very heavy earrings.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha....love the title!
11.gif

i'm happy to say that dangerous as it may seem, i DO sleep with my studs
31.gif

proudly.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 5:28:20 PM
Author: belle
11.gif

i''m happy to say that dangerous as it may seem, i DO sleep with my studs
31.gif

proudly.
2.gif
Haha, didn''t think of that Sis. What a riot.
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 5:36:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh

11.gif

31.gif

proudly.
2.gif
Haha, didn''t think of that Sis. What a riot.
3.gif
think of what?
12.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.gif

31.gif

proudly.
2.gif
6.gif
LOL....that''s what i was thinking too.
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2006 5:42:12 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

11.gif

i'm happy to say that dangerous as it may seem, i DO sleep with my studs
31.gif

proudly.
2.gif
6.gif
LOL....that's what i was thinking too.
31.gif
HI:

Me three--and their names are......OKOK married almost 21 years, so it is just one stud these decades...... oh and no earrings for me....

cheers--Sharon

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I <3 my studs. hehehehe

anyway, I *prefer* to take them out because the posts are so long. but then, i either get *ahem* distracted or forget about them, and sleep with them in. i dont think it would stretch out your *ear* holes.

gosh, what a dirty post. *blushes*

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I sleeep with my stud muffin
31.gif
, but do not sleep with my studs. I have waist length hair, gets tangled in necklaces, earrings, etc.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 3:51:07 PM
Author: snlee
I wear my diamond studs when I sleep. They don''t bother me at all. I wear my ering and necklace too. If it doesn''t bother you, there''s no reason to not wear then to sleep.
Same here - I wear all three items to bed. When I was a kid I used to have small sleepers and have worn studs for the last 20 years or so - neither kind have stretched the holes in my ears. I now wear screwback diamond earrings. I used to wear 24k gold studs (not screwbacks) and they came off a couple of times while I slept. It usually only took a few minutes to find the bugger!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Can we upgrade our studs if we get tired of them???
2.gif

Seriously I do not wear my studs to bed as they poke me. I don''t wear any other jewelry either.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I always sleep with mine in. Ears haven''t stretched at all. I''m more concerned that sleeping with them on will compromise the integrity of the setting, because white gold wears away over time, unlike platinum.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I love it, "can we upgrade if we get tired of them"... rofl here
I told dh tonight how much fun I had making that title...
Mine are screwback (earrings)(ok, potential for more naughty thoughts?!) and I hate taking them out, so I favor just leaving them in. So, even if my lack of make up and hair is a mess when I wake in the morning, I just squint at myself and smile in the mirror, because it''s the earrings I see first-and that makes me smile.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2006 6:59:41 PM
Author: Sundial
2.gif
only if the studs can''t perform (sparkle) like they use to.
28.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wear mine - the posts poke me and they hurt! I am definitely a side sleeper so I guess that''s why. I clean mine along with my rings everyday and put them away. Just what I do!

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif

Seriously I do not wear my studs to bed as they poke me. I don''t wear any other jewelry either.
Hi Sundial

I''m a side sleeper but don''t have the problem of the posts sticking into me. My posts are very short and only stick out a couple of millimetres through the butterfly. Are your posts long?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have worn my studs 24/7 for about 5 years and never take them out... I''m horrible about cleaning them too :mad:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 9:38:31 PM
Author: Sparkster

2.gif

Hi Sundial

I''m a side sleeper but don''t have the problem of the posts sticking into me. My posts are very short and only stick out a couple of millimetres through the butterfly. Are your posts long?
Yes my studs have looooong posts!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 11:08:46 PM

Date: 7/18/2006 9:38:31 PM
Author: Sparkster

2.gif

Hi Sundial

Yes my studs have looooong posts!!!

...okay...i''m just not going to say anything and just admit that my mind has been in the gutter since this thread started.
34.gif

not
saying
anything

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results