shape
carat
color
clarity

do you plan on wearing your e-ring after you are married?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I''m keeping it on!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Craziness not to wear it!
38.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:30:55 PM
Author: ficklefaye

my friend has an rb in a micropave setting. nothing too fragile. she just chooses not to wear it. it''s actually not unusual among people i know not to wear their e-ring. only since joining PS, have i noticed that people wear their ''sets'', my mom never got an e-ring and my sisters, cousins and bff only wear theirs on special occasions, it would actually be strange for me to continue to wear mine daily based on the people in my life, but i can''t bear to just put it away in hiding
3.gif

No! Your ring looks her best in daylight, shining for the world (and you) to see. I mean, it''s like the light in the fridge! When you close her up in the box, does she still sparkle?
9.gif

Though it may feel funny at first because your immediate social circle doesn''t, I''d say keep wearing your ring daily. You never know, ya might start a trend! Or not. You only have to make yourself happy in this regard.

I take mine off a lot because I can''t wear it while working but I do wear it every chance I get.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I would never keep my e-ring in a box! That''s what insurance is for, isn''t it? It''s very sentimental and precious to me for those reasons - but that''s why I want to enjoy it as much as possible! Plus, it''s nice to keep the sketchy men away. You can see from across the room that I''m taken with the bling, but not so much if I just wore a band.
31.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 12:49:52 AM
Author:ficklefaye
i just had dinner with a friend of mine and she stopped wearing her e-ring daily after she got married, she only wears it for special occasions, otherwise it goes into her safe deposit box

i''m planning on wearing mine afterwards because FI and i spent a lot of money finding the right one, i even made sure i found a band that went well with it

how about you gals?

Hmmm . . . very strange. I could not imagine not wearing mine.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Well I mostly cannot wear my ering with the type of work that I do. But I still plan to wear, it. I could not imagine just putting it away, or even to be honest (just my opinion) swapping to to my right hand.

I always wear it out and for anything formal. Not sure if this will change once we have been married a while. Most older women I know don''t wear their rings on a daily basis.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh i definitely plan on continuing to wear my ring after the wedding, i was just curious as to why people didn''t
3.gif
but it''s obvious on PS that we love our rings
9.gif

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
Hmm...I''ve worn a diamond ring every day for almost 23 years! My original ering was a .75 pear, which was paired with 2 half eternity bands. We eventually had all 3 rings reset into one yellow gold ring with channel set diamonds on either side of the center stone and on the shank.

My 20th anniversary ring is a 2.43 RB with .25 side stones and bead set diamond shank in platinum. I wear an eternity band with it, and usually either a yellow gold bead band or a sapphire and diamond band in between the two. VERY occasionally (maybe to a football game or playing golf) I''ll wear 3 bands and leave the diamond home, but I wear my diamond ring most of the time. It really never occurred to me not to wear it, and I can''t think of anybody I know who doesn''t wear their ering.

My ering diamond has been reset into a pendant which I wear about half the time, and I have one good sapphire/diamond halo RHR which I also wear almost every day. All that said, pretty much the first thing I do when I get home is take off my jewelery...all of it. For some reason I just don''t like wearing and jewelery around the house. My mom and my MIL NEVER take their rings off...I can''t stand sleeping in mine, and I try to take them off if I''m washing my hands or using lotion. I don''t like it when I get oily goop on my diamonds!
20.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine every day.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I plan on wearing mine everyday as well. It''ll only going into the jewelry box when I''m going to bed or staying indoors. If I''m even remotely going out, even if it''s to get the mail, I''d put it on. I love my ring and can''t imagine having it in the box all the time, much less at the bank.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I''m most def going to wear it! It took us exactly 6 months to find/design the perfect ering and we had it in mind that I would wear it for the rest of my life!

Especially since my wedding "band" will actually be a wrap.. it would look pretty strange to just wear the wrap lol (that is, if I don''t end up having them soldered together in the first place)

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine out everyday unless I'm going to the gym/yoga.

ETA: SDL, in case you come back to this thread I wanted to let you know your haircut looks amazing! I love it!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 1:10:29 AM
Author: pocahontas
I wear mine out everyday unless I''m going to the gym/yoga.

ETA: SDL, in case you come back to this thread I wanted to let you know your haircut looks amazing! I love it!
i second the hair comment, SDL! your new cut looks great
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine every day. In fact I think it looks even better on my finger now that it has a plain band beside it. I''d hate to lock it away in a safe.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
My (future) forever set? All the time. My current one? Not sure.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t imagine not wearing it for two reasons. It''s a stunning diamond and the symbol of our engagement, I would never want to stop wearing it!!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
What the heck is the point of searching that hard and paying that much for the perfect ring to just let it sit in a safe deposit box? It seems idiotic to me. It''s not doing anybody any good hanging out in a box instead of on your finger.

Plus, I love looking at people''s e-rings when I''m on the subway. Think of others, ringless ladies; we love the bling, too!
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Actually, all of my friends (except me) stopped wearing their e-rings once they had babies - they only wear their bands now. For a couple of them, they gained so much weight over the years from the time that they got engaged to post-baby, they no longer fit. For others, they just found it impractical.

I wouldn''t wear my ering around the house when I was taking care of my infant (or my wband either for that matter) but I would always put it on when I got dressed to leave the house, and still do.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t usually wear mine around the house- if I''m cooking or cleaning or at the gym. I just think it increases the chances of destroying it b/c I''m heavy-handed with those things, and it''s got micropave. When I go in public, it''s definitely on. I''ll continue to wear it the same as I do now when I''m married.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine everywhere unless that place feels unsafe or if I''m home. I rarely wear my diamond rings at home in case I chip them by accident.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 7:21:00 PM
Author: Bliss
Wow, I would never keep my e-ring in a box! That''s what insurance is for, isn''t it? It''s very sentimental and precious to me for those reasons - but that''s why I want to enjoy it as much as possible! Plus, it''s nice to keep the sketchy men away. You can see from across the room that I''m taken with the bling, but not so much if I just wore a band.
31.gif
9.gif
Too bloody right!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Of course!!! I love my ering!! no question I will keep wearing it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have worn mine every day for 29 years...what''s the point in having one if you don''t wear it?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know lots of women who stop wearing their e-rings after years of marriage and 2 + kids.

I occasionally just wear a band, but I will never entirely stop wearing my e-ring. I think it''s disrespectful to my DH.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely wearing mine! I love the way it looks with my wedding band.
1.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my ring everyday, but I''m not really sure how am I going to feel with a baby, I will be afraid of scratching his/her face
32.gif
. Thats why I told my DH that I want a 10-15 pointers eternity band
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results