shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you perm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I have super fine hair that often has a bit of a wave to it, but lately simply hangs straight in a bleh fashion. I''m fairly low key=I only blow dry my hair when it is freezing outside. Usually I just wear it up in a pretty clip. Soo....I''ve gotten it into my head that a loose perm, or body wave might work? Suggestions? Your experience? My biggest fear is looking like a poodle. I have longish hair (almost to my elbows?) that grows VERY quickly.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends if your hair can "take" a perm. Mine can''t so my hairdresser has to "over-perm" it and then my hair gets damaged and I end up chopping off a few inches of split ends.
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s been many years since I''ve permed my hair. . .since high school! None of my perms turned out good. I guess part of HS is looking silly, so it was all part of the coming-of-age process and was okay at the time. Now, I''d never consider it. Usually I will play around with my flat iron to creat volume to my hair.

If your hair is nearly to your elbows, I would NOT risk ruining your hair. Instead, why not just use hot rollers for fun occasions and/or find a thin flat iron to create waves.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
When I was a kid and teen I used to perm my hair all the time - body wave, spiral you name it I prolly did it. Not all perms and all perming products are equal - proceed with caution when they go bad they go really bad.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:37:28 PM
Author: Chrono
It depends if your hair can ''take'' a perm. Mine can''t so my hairdresser has to ''over-perm'' it and then my hair gets damaged and I end up chopping off a few inches of split ends.
7.gif

Aww Chrono. How frequently do you need to chop off the ends?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:40:46 PM
Author: MC
It''s been many years since I''ve permed my hair. . .since high school! None of my perms turned out good. I guess part of HS is looking silly, so it was all part of the coming-of-age process and was okay at the time. Now, I''d never consider it. Usually I will play around with my flat iron to creat volume to my hair.

If your hair is nearly to your elbows, I would NOT risk ruining your hair. Instead, why not just use hot rollers for fun occasions and/or find a thin flat iron to create waves.

MC-I totally get the looking silly in high school phase...only I never got to do it to my hair! In college I went from blonde-black and everything in between...oh the stories I could tell (or my hair dresser!) Meanwhile, I''ve been fairly plain jane ever since. Hot rollers are a great suggestion but my hair takes FOREVER to curl. In part because there is just so much of it. Then...it all disappears about 3 hours later. Curling irons usually hold, but require dry hair to start. I never considered using a thin flat iron... would I use it like a traditional curling iron?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results