shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you peek at your registries?

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Be honest! Have you peeked? Will you peek? When you KNOW guests are buying gifts, did you still peek? Did you feel guilty?

FI has been looking daily but I refuse to - even though I want to SOO bad! Tonight he said someone just bought a niiiice gift - he wanted to tell me the price range but I wouldn''t let him. GAH! I do kinda wanna know
31.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t register, just eloped, but I think I would have a really hard time NOT looking. That doesn''t make it right lol, I just know I''d have a hard time not peeking ;-)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
honestly... i forgot about mine! i mean, i know we were getting gifts sent to us, but i didn''t bother to look off the registry.

However, with being a week away, and starting to spring clean our apt, i want to look so i know what to start packing up to give to families in need (dishes, etc) and goodwill.

must.resist.the.urge!
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
We haven't set up our registries yet but I probably will nearing the end so we can take advantage of discounts for buying out the remaining items. I don't see any harm in it really - it's not like I don't know what they are picking from..lol That said, if they were picking gifts on their own, I wouldn't want to know until we were able to unwrap it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I totally peeked as did everyone else I knew:)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So, I absolutely did not want to know. Went to BB&B to add some stuff, they give you the print off so you know what you have registered for. And there it is in my face, what is fulfilled and what isn''t. I saw two things, got frustrated, and managed not to look anymore that day. H finds out that this list shows it all and takes it from me. After I explicitly tell him he can look through it only if he doesn''t tell me what is on it, he immediately blurts out "OMG someone bought us ___!" I was really upset. Explained to him that I am the one that is the center of attention opening the gifts at my shower and have to act all excited as if I don''t know what is inside.

So, after all that, and yelling at poor H, I started looking at the list myself on a daily basis as I added things. Reason being, no matter what you know has been bought, you don''t know who it is coming from, and are thus still surprised. Also, as someone else pointed out, you know what is on the registry.

After all that, I decided there was no shame in looking.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I totally peeked. I''m the WORST in the world about surprises and I didn''t even try to not look. I mean you know what you''re getting anyway because you registered for it all...what''s the difference?!
12.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
well, YEAH!
9.gif
i thought everyone did! you have so much more willpower than i do. ha.

and on that note, i just peeked and someone bought us our kate spade flutes! so stoked. i really wanted those. hehe.

yayyy! 8 days to go!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:12:09 AM
Author: ArtistJess
well, YEAH!
9.gif

and on that note, i just peeked and someone bought us our kate spade flutes! so stoked. i really wanted those. hehe.

yayyy! 8 days to go!

I TOTALLY registered for those exact flutes, as well - and I want them sooo bad! I am hoping we get them for a shower gift so I can use them at the wedding, otherwise I will probably remove them from the registry and use the flutes at our country club. I registered for a few other items with this same Kate Spade design (cake serving set, frames) and I just totally love the fun yet elegant look!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I do actually peek,but only because Macy's has done some weird stuff to our registry.I just want to make sure it doesn't keep dropping things off our list.That sounds like a good excuse right?
31.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
No, but I STALK other people''s registries who I know are engaged. Sometimes I''m amazed at the stuff people register for. I shouldn''t judge, LOL, but I just can''t help myself.
38.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I totally registry stalked. It was fun!!
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 8:36:34 AM
Author: megumic
No, but I STALK other people's registries who I know are engaged. Sometimes I'm amazed at the stuff people register for. I shouldn't judge, LOL, but I just can't help myself.
38.gif
9.gif
11.gif
Haha, I do/did that too! Most of the time it helped me get ideas, but part of it was just being nosy!
27.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:13:14 AM
Author: laughwithme
Date: 5/7/2010 1:12:09 AM

Author: ArtistJess

well, YEAH!
9.gif

yayyy! 8 days to go!

I TOTALLY registered for those exact flutes, as well - and I want them sooo bad! I am hoping we get them for a shower gift so I can use them at the wedding, otherwise I will probably remove them from the registry and use the flutes at our country club. I registered for a few other items with this same Kate Spade design (cake serving set, frames) and I just totally love the fun yet elegant look!

i wish i had seen them before the shower. we got almost everything on our registry at the shower and had to go back and re-register. i saw them the second time around. i can''t wait to get them. i know we will use them all the time. i''m not a huge wine fan and i haven''t had any hard liquor since college. df and i get champagne about once every two weeks.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We peeked often. As Thing said, you registered for the stuff and you know you''ll be getting gifts anyway. Made sense to us! I don''t know anyone who DIDN''T peek, actually.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I had been but no one had bought us anything...until yesterday!!! Someone got us our first wedding gift!!! A bamboo salad bowl and salad hands--I was just thinking literally two days ago how much I wish we had a proper salad bowl!

My shower is next week, so maybe it's for that? I didn't look at who bought it for us, but I'm so excited!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m a chronic peeker
6.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Peek? No. STALK??? YES!!!!
16.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I am proud to say that I STILL have not peeked! FI says that now, multiple things have been purchased off of both registries. I just don''t want to feign surprise at my showers, I guess. I love being surprised.

Even though I did add all those items to my registry, I still don''t expect to get all of them, so I cannot wait to see those that we DO get!

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I did ..... every single day. My mom always got mad at me for doing it.... but I couldnt help it!

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/6/2010 10:09:06 PM
Author:girlface
Peek? No. STALK??? YES!!!!

I''m with Girlface. I totally look at it all the time. I''m constantly adding and deleting things. Even returning things that we got already that Mr. Andex decided we weren''t going to use/he didn''t want. Now he''s decided that he doesn''t like the plates/bowls that we picked out...guess who''s making a trip to Crate and Barrel with dishware?!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I am a chronic peeker.

However, in two days, I am giving it up until after my shower on 6/5.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results