shape
carat
color
clarity

do you own the most expensive/biggest jewelry collection...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
among your friends and relatives?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Re: do you own the most expensive/biggest jewelry collection

I do. Definitely the most expensive, and comparable in size to my gram's, though hers is (almost) all costume. Makes me a little sad sometimes, and I think it's time to slim it down a bit.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

not by a long shot :sun: I will one day though, when I get my sticky paws on the heirlooms :naughty:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

By a long, long way. ;)) Oh, wait - unless you're counting PS friends...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

Yes. And my collection is quite modest by PS standards!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hmm...I'm probably second place, although I could be first. My biggest competition is my mom. :cheeky:

ETA I'm definitely first among my friends. Most of my friends aren't even married so obviously no e-rings yet to spark their love of diamonds.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhhh yes, by a frighteningly long shot. =) My friends have come to expect it from me because they know it's my "thing." I splurge on jewelry, but am pretty roped in when it comes to purses, cars, and even our house.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, by a long shot. My family and friends think I am obsessed, but what can I say, I love jewelry and gems.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

By many, many miles...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

No way. My Aunt's collection is insane. She has no children of her own, so I'm hoping for some hand-me-downs one day.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock

It may be the biggest, but I'm sure not it's not the most expensive, since it's rather ecletic. Ranges from silver bought at fairs, when silver was cheap, and on up. I have a lot of costume jewelry, especially rhinestones, which I love. As well as the P-scope diamonds.

I'm not sure it IS the biggest. My cousin's may be bigger since she inherited everything from my paternal grandmother, who had quite a collection. She was very close to our grandmother who I hardly knewand also her husband gives her great jewelry since her birthday is close to Christmas AND to her annniversary. So instead of his getting her three small gifts, he usually gives one BIG thing, usually jewelry.

I probably do have the most diamonds though. My friends are interested in diamonds but dont' buy a lot of jewelry. My relatives are crazy about jewelry,b ut not very interested in diamonds. They prefer gold, gold, gold. Silver to some extent, but mostly gold. They do not care about precious stones. I didn't used to myself.

One of my friends once said that it made sense I had so much jewelry since I'm allergic to perfume, allergic to cashmere (which she loves), allergic to makeup and don't like chocolate. So I end up getting jewelry gifts from hubby and others a lot--because there's not much choice. But actually, I'm also allergic to jewelry. I have to take off my rings, etc as soon as I get home, because I get rashes, even under the high carat gold that doesn't have nickel in it. The only thing I have no reaction to is platinum. But I consider myself lucky because although I itch, it's not bad--I have friends who are even more allergic and essentially can't wear jewelry at all.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Nope, my mom definitely does. We both have a very eclectic collection, but she has much bigger and finer pieces.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, but mostly because no one else cares about diamonds and jewels at all.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

In my family and amongst older friends---yes. In my neighborhood---heck no (but I plan to one day :naughty: )

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nope.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Not yet, but I'm working on it!

Compared to the girls I know in the town I live in now, then yes, I do have quite a big, expensive collection, especially when it includes everything I recently inherited. That isn't because I have a lot but rather because they don't have much and what they do have is either costume, silver or from maul stores.

When I think of my stepmom's collection I know I'm a long, long way off! My gran has a sizeable collection, too.

I tell myself not to worry, I have 50 years to catch up!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DF, didn't you already post this thread before? :cheeky:

Aanyyyhow, to answer yr Q: I don't have the largest or most expensive collection amongst people I know. An acquaintance does. She has diamond solitaire rings of 5ct and 8ct, tennis bracelet of 1ct each, earstuds of 3ct each (6ctw), a 3-stone ring with 2.75ct centre and 1.5ct each sides amongst several other things. Her watch collection is about 15 pieces, of Cartier, FM, Chanel, Piaget etc. I would think that her entire collection is worth somewhere around USD1-1.5m, if not more!! :Up_to_something:

Oh yeah, AND she also has several Hermes bags, all bought brand new from her Paris trips!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I do, but nobody else I know has an addiction like me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes. My mother was not a jewelry lover and just had a diamond e-ring and two other diamond rings. Each sister and I got one when she recently moved to an assisted living place. She had a few other nice things which we split up. One sister has a few nice things. But for the most part, most people I know just don't care that much about jewelry.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes. Even though most of mine are in silver, the sheer volume of gemstones and actual pieces of jewelry make up for their inexpensive settings. Even though it's not mine YET, my mom's ering was about $7k, and I'm thinking that my collection is probably overpowering her ring at this point...especially seeing as how I managed to get two of my settings that would be astronomical if bought from the vendor, for much less when only gently used...Those settings alone, brand new, would be about that $7k.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Depends on how its counted. Finished pieces, no. My collection is tiny in comparison to some other people I know or people in my family (I told my mother she has to stop taking all my pendants!) I'll get to keep the pearls though that I make into pendants. She isn't into pearls so no worries there :bigsmile:

-A

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Nope.

Mine is pretty puny, under six figures. My mother and most of my aunts own a lot more than me. Even after I inherit from my mum, I wont have the amount some of my aunts have, probably seven figure sums. I'm not sure they even know the full value of what they own!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes among friends and relatives. I know some ladies at work though with a lot more expensive jewelry.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

amongst friends, yes. Family- no- my brother-in-law's wife has an engagement ring .6 bigger than mine, and halod and 2 diamond wedding bands...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

i have the biggest by number of pieces,but my sister who recently re-married has the best quality and most expensive collection by the addition of a 4 ct. engagement ring ,3 ct. twt. diamond studs, Patek diamond watch ,and 10 ct. twt. bangle bracelet has me beat by a long shot.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Yes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1307273904|2938234 said:
DF, didn't you already post this thread before? :cheeky:

Aanyyyhow, to answer yr Q: I don't have the largest or most expensive collection amongst people I know. An acquaintance does. She has diamond solitaire rings of 5ct and 8ct, tennis bracelet of 1ct each, earstuds of 3ct each (6ctw), a 3-stone ring with 2.75ct centre and 1.5ct each sides amongst several other things. Her watch collection is about 15 pieces, of Cartier, FM, Chanel, Piaget etc. I would think that her entire collection is worth somewhere around USD1-1.5m, if not more!! :Up_to_something:

Oh yeah, AND she also has several Hermes bags, all bought brand new from her Paris trips!
yeah,but you have been catching up lately.. :bigsmile:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I may have more pieces than some, but not the largest in individual size.
My ering is a .67 ct transitional heirloom; My sapphire/diamond eternity ring is .6 ctw.; My studs are .65 ctw.; My wg pendant is an heirloom .35 ct.; My yg pendant is an heirloom 1.05 ct.; And my plat eoc ring, another heirloom, is .35 ct.

I am fortunate to have several other gemstones w/diamond pieces that I love, as well as some all silver or gold pieces. Except for the yg pendant, nothing comes close to being the biggest anything, but each piece is equally loved and worn, which is most important, don't you think? (Btw, I discovered PS loooong after recieving my pieces. The only things I've acquired since, was my solitaire redo and eternity ring.)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Jennifer W|1307219396|2937846 said:
By a long, long way. ;)) Oh, wait - unless you're counting PS friends...

he he, exactly! The answers is by a country mile - None of my family or friends are even mildly as interested in gems and jewels as myself - I enjoy being known as 'that person' to go to when an engagement ring purchase is in the works. ::)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Not by a long shot!

I have an aunty who wears several diamond rings on each finger (including the thumbs!) and wears 3 diamond studs in each ear.

Thankfully I dont have her numbers (or taste ;)) )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results