shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own the biggest diamond among your circle of friends?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes :lol:, I don’t think any of my friends has much interest in diamonds or jewelry.
Funnily enough it wasn’t a real consideration when my DH upgraded my diamond that it was bigger than most of my circle of friends, the diamond was a gift from my DH for our 15th wedding anniversary a long time ago, in a few years it will be our 30th anniversary!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to think about this one, but actually yes, amongst my friends circle, I do! There are some seriously big diamonds on the school playground & one of my eldest daughters friends mummies has a princess cut that could double up as a door knob, but she's not somebody I'm close too.

My friends have some very pretty engagement rings, beautifully cut & a couple have Tiffany classic solitaires (my dream ring) but they are all around the half or 3/4 carat mark. Plus my pear faces up large & I have small fingers, so it tends to be my ring that gets the compliments, which is nice.

But one day, I'm going to seriously float the idea to Mr T of selling it & getting my dream Tiffany. Mine is a D VS2 & a smidge over the magic 1 carat mark, so each year it's insurance valuation comes in higher. I could so get a Tiff of around 1.4 ct with lower specs for the same value. As long as the cut is perfect, I'll take the knock :Up_to_something:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, yes and I probably have more jewellery than all my friends put together. But that’s me, a lover and collector of pretty shiny things since age 2.
At 58, I have a solid 56 years of acquisitions behind me.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Um, yes and I probably have more jewellery than all my friends put together. But that’s me, a lover and collector of pretty shiny things since age 2.

:lol-2:

Slightly at a tangent to the thread, but I’d love to see a picture of your earliest acquisition that you still own!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, most of my friends just aren’t into jewellery, and upgrading every few years is still not big here.

I love your pear @Alex T, it’s nice to have something different, and @lissyflo you must get lots of comments about your beauty.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not too far behind you in age, I’m 51 this year and I’ve always loved pretty things. I remember when I was a child I used to make jewelry from the chocolate wrapper foils from the Quality Streets chocolates, all those pretty jewel coloured foils were made into rings and bracelets :lol:.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes among my friends I do, but in my family, no

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably. But I am the only one with an old cut diamond for my ER as everyone else has modern cuts. Mainly MRBs but a few pear cut diamonds too.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Most of my friends (really, more than half), are not married or engaged (we're in our mid-late 30's). Those that are married got married in their mid 20's and have not upgraded (except for me).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you know what? I think I am wrong. I think one of my friend's rings are larger than my OEC ER. I am not sure but it looks to be larger than 5 carats. I never asked her.

jeanettespearring.JPG

jeanettesringcloseup.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Grandma lovingly called me magpie when I played in her jewelry box

Well, almost------a girlfriend has an inherited diamond that is 2 points bigger than mine.
Like Bron, I have so much jewelry, I have trouble keeping track of it all.
And Dad used to call me a magpie!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly yes, partly no. My SIL has a much bigger diamond than me, I think it's 2.5ct.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, for friends and family. Most of them appreciate a pretty diamond but are not into it enough for themselves to spend the money on them.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo you must get lots of comments about your beauty.

Thank you! I still haven’t decided which hand I want to wear it on and swap between using it as a RHR and wearing it on my engagement finger. Funnily enough I only ever get comments when I wear it on my right hand. I’m not sure if people feel more comfortable complimenting rings they think you’ve bought rather than been gifted? Or maybe the onyx makes it a bit heavy/dark-looking for some people’s tastes if they think it’s an engagement ring, so they don’t like it on my left hand and don’t comment? It’s definitely not the biggest stone of my friends though (0.8ct, but the bezel makes it look larger), although I guess that’s large for what I see in the UK.

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
No, one of my friends from work has a 2.5 ct princess cut set in a very (ahem) elaborate setting. She probably has the largest ering Out of my friend group.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not currently, before I sold the OEC I did have the largest in my circle but now my main diamond is 1/2 a carat and I think the average is 3/4-1carat solitaires among my family and friends. However I'm the only one with a vintage ring and with an old cut.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and when I enter the room they all

images.jpeg

But, nice guy that I am, I let them get up after an hour or so they can get in line to kiss my feet.

Last edited:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I did (first marriage), but not anymore (second marriage).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and when I enter the room they all

images.jpeg

But, nice guy that I am, I let them get up after an hour or so they can get in line to kiss my feet.

Does anyone on here know any males of the species that wear diamonds, other than the few resident chaps on here?

I'm hoping I will get some bling at some point... and I will definitely be the only male I know owning diamonds if I do!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. In UK, over 0.5ct is considered as big, and mine is 1.19ct in EC which is not that popular.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results