shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you name your jewelry pieces?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question: who here names their jewelry pieces? Do you name your jewelry pieces like your rings, bracelets, things like that?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I only name my engagement rings. LOL.
Oh and I do name cars and other inanimate objects. :lol:

But as for bling I only name my ERs.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 2.25.22 PM.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Ma Ma for my mum's 1.94ct MRB that I have re-set/purposed as a bangle.

DK :))

uafly1

Rough_Rock
YES?
When I found out the guy I was dating had a boyfriend, I bought myself some beautiful diamond hoops from Tiffany. I needed immediate gratification.

They are named after him. We remained friends,and yes he hates the reason behind the name, but LOVES the earrings.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Only one. Bunker.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
No. I don’t name anything other than pets. But my houseplants are mostly boys...except the ones that make babies like the Pilea...shes a girl. They still don’t get names.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
No. I don't use the word "she" either for jewelry. Drives me banana when I read "she" this and "she" that...IT is fine with me. :D

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

I name my car though, last one was Rojo and current is Luna.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I name my cars and have been doing so since age 16!

collier

Shiny_Rock
YES?
When I found out the guy I was dating had a boyfriend, I bought myself some beautiful diamond hoops from Tiffany. I needed immediate gratification.

They are named after him. We remained friends,and yes he hates the reason behind the name, but LOVES the earrings.

:appl:

I laughed so hard when I read this! Good on you for still being friends.

I have never named a piece, but my good friend called her very large yellow diamond engagement ring the Honda Headlight.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I don't name mine, but they are definitely all female.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm have a hard enough time remembering names of people...and this would just complicate my life further :oops2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Heeeeeellll yes I do.

My jewelry is special to me and even more than that I truly believe that stones can have a soul or an aura around them, & it's only fitting that they have a name representative of the energy they give me.

It's fun and because it's fun I can easily remember everyone's names! :cool2:

If I purchase a ready made ring then the name is attributed to the whole piece and is usually named after the last woman who owned it.

I have an Imogen, a Lydia, & a Drascilla so far.
Apparently dramatically named women have great taste in jewelry??

Now, if I have a ring custom made myself I will usually name the stone and the entire ring separately...I have a "Fate" which in her setting is "Alchemy" & I have my "Mermaid Bubblegum" gal. I also have my loose unoiled ER emerald which is named "Ivy".

Psychotic & OCD?
I frankly don't care because they're all of my preciousessss & bring me joy!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooh can I see your mermaid ring? I love mermaids!

Lol it's not a mermaid in any way! Although I do plan on someday having a mermaid or fairy art nouveau necklace made with CS!

I named it Mermaid Bubblegum because it's set with bubblegum pink spinels and a bluish green crystalline emerald that reminded me of mermaid scales! I don't wanna steal the thread so just hit my icon and click "threads" and scroll down to Mermaid Bubblegum (:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't have enough that they need names :lol-2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, my OEC is Bella and my marquise is Marilyn :lol:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the ring in my profile picture. When I first got her, I called her Sunny, or maybe it was Sunnie.
Clearly, I don't use it often. The people in my life would be totally confused if I told them a ring has a name!
Only my friends here would understand :mrgreen2:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t yet but my higher end handbags definitely have names.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
No, I don't name inanimate stuff at all. I compensate by giving animate objects a dozen names each depending on my mood LOL

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
No, there is just one I call “big rock” for fun.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I do, my engagement ring and my hummingbird pendant are the only ones that have names. I named my car too

I don’t - I never name inanimate objects like jewelry. Unless they come with a name, ie brand name or line name. Even my handbags get referred to as color+brand or the name of the line if it’s particularly well known, but I don’t name them myself. I’ve actually never seen people do that except for maybe with cars before I came to this forum :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results