shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you mostly eat for pleasure, or for health?

• 1 Pleasure

Votes: 5 9.4%

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 3 Mostly for pleasure

Votes: 10 18.9%

• 5 Half for pleasure, and half for health

Votes: 23 43.4%

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 7 Mostly for health

Votes: 10 18.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 Health

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 Other, please explain

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I find things or things I can modify to fit into my diet restrictions that I enjoy.
So im not voting yet because I can not decide where that falls.

Edit: decided and voted for mostly for health.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both. I eat healthy things that bring me pleasure and occasionally some fatty sugary things.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I put 50/50 as well. When I eat at home, I eat mostly healthy stuff (low sugar, low carb, lots of veggies), but for special occasions , or even just going out to eat with friends, I don’t impose my healthy eating on anyone. Most of the time we’ll just order anything and everything and share everything family style.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm like @jaysonsmom, healthy at home so I can be more relaxed when I eat out. But even then I'll often choose the healthier options if those are what I feel like on the day - quite frequently, the unhealthier options aren't things I enjoy because I struggle to digest them or they're too sweet or whatever.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to trigger anyone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to trigger anyone.

With that, you've triggered me.

Okay everyone, thread over, cancel culture, broke by woke.

Quick, someone post some pics of puppies and kittens in baskets.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pleasure only but my pleasure food is not necessarily all bad. I've been caught while stuffing my face with sauteed kale, brussel sprouts or stir fried snow peas!

I put “other” because healthy eating is equivalent to pleasure eating for me. I enjoy the healthy foods I make.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Everything in moderation including moderation." Eating semi-sensibly most of the time lets me eat less sensibly when the occasion or opportunity calls for it :cool2:.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I eat because otherwise I would waste away, if I could skip eating, I'd do it.
I do like certain foods a lot but never eat my full, it's a thing I do naturally and I only eat when hungry.
Trying to eat as clean as possible, we don't fry anything anymore, we grill stuff and grease the pans with olive oil. One bottle lasts for weeks.

Guilty pleasure: pepsi cola or cola, once or twice a week. I'm skinny and active so yeah.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My caloric intake is not as high as when I was bigger but my output is higher, so I pretty much can eat whatever I want nowadays. I still eat fruits and healthy foods, but I don't need to be careful about what I eat as I can't put weight on anymore lol.

I'm thinking about getting a kettlebell to do some strength and conditioning training to get my chiselled V back. Although it is technically already back, it's not what it used to be when I was an athletic teen :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat for both so I cannot choose just one. If I had to give a percentage I would say 50/50.

I love eating and I love food. So yes, I eat for pleasure.
But I also love fueling my body with good nutrition.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 6.21.19 AM.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat mostly for pleasure. Thankfully I do not like sweets and buttery/fatty food.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With that, you've triggered me.

Okay everyone, thread over, cancel culture, broke by woke.

Quick, someone post some pics of puppies and kittens in baskets.

That was funny, thank you for doing that @kenny
At current I eat because I have to these days. I'm going through some things at current, so I'm eating for survival not because I find what I'm eating yummy. I had to cut yummy.

I have a dropping A1C and blood sugar, which is not good in my case.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely eat for pleasure. There are so many beautiful cuisines and dishes and spices and flavours, I will never enjoy eating something plain and "healthy" for the sake of being "healthy" when I could eat something to tantalize my taste buds.
I also love trying new things, and its one of my favourite ways to explore culture. Sometimes I wish I could be a person that eats to survive (I'd probably not have to exercise as much!), but alas that is not me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not quite sure how to answer. I stay away from major carbs/sugars (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.)...that is for my health/weight.
I do enjoy desserts/carbs on special occasions though (life's short and all that). I give it a 7 (mostly health) because I really
do love carbs (pasta, french fries anyone?) but I don't eat them for my health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results