shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you listen to country music? Post your favorite songs.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i grew up on country music
the 70s country was all over the place
even in the 90's we had a local country music station and a record shop specializing in country
the radio used to broadcast the Anericam top 30 country charts (it was always 3 weeks out of date)

Country was music that was sheared across the generations between the otherwise casam between my parents and i
i do love Glenn Campbell but also Johnny cash, Khris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Dolly, Lorretta, Patsy, Jim Reeves, Hank Williams
i used to listen to lots of Garth Brooks
but there is this Aussie singer John Williamson who would get air play - i just loved him

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
jim Reeves
the blizzard
they would play this on the radio everytime it snowed (we only got snow on the ground every couple of years)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
incase you havn't heard it Bruce just did a cover of Rhindstone cowboy
it is Fabulouse
his latest record Western stars is heavery influenced by Glenn Campbell
and this is Willie Nelson covering Bruce's dry lightening

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't listen to country music generally. But I love a few country singers. I like the ones you posted. John Denver, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson. I also like Johnny Cash and my favorite Country singer is Patsy Cline. LOVE her.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i forgot Kenny Rodgers
i love his graverly voice
everyone always knows the words to this one at parties

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dolly. Anything by Dolly. Dwight Yolkum, Merle Haggard, Hank, Patsy Cline, Willie, Cash, George Strait, Kenny Rogers, Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks, Chris LeDoux, Chris Stapleton, ...

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like modern country music.
I can tolerate the classic older stuff from the 70's and earlier.
I just wasn't raised on it, I guess.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I like country music. Naturally I do not like 100% of it. I remember that when I first heard blue grass music it sounded Hawaiian to me. The twanging just made me think: Hawaii.

When I was first introduced to it, the merger of rock and country was at its very beginning. Tanya Tucker was a young kid and I listened to a lot of her music as well as to a lot of the male country heroes.I used to love Loretta Lynn's "politics" (men versus women that is) and hate Tammy Wynette's, but as someone pointed out, Tammy Wynette kept singing about standing by your man as she got divorced while Loretta Lynn sang rebelious songs like "The Pill" and stayed married! ;))

This is one of my favorites.

"Pancho and Lefty"

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to put up one song by Tanya Tucker!
"San Antonio Stroll"

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Garth Brooks "The Dance"

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Most of Patsy Cline and Dwight Yoakam.

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Only Garth Brooks, because he is my Dh's (Korean who grew up in Montana) all time favorite country singer. I started listening to Garth after dh and started dating, and after he dedicated several Garth Brooks songs to me, inluding "Im shameless", which we played at our wedding. In fact, I took Dh to Las Vegas for a Garth Brook's concert for his 40th birthday when Garth had residency at the Wynn, and we were the only 2 Asian people in the venue!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hugh Tim McGraw fan and as a honorable mention I also like Big & Rich and alot of Brantly Gilbert...couldnt pick a favorite...this however is one of my favorite video's of Tim's

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love me some Glen Campbell.. it looks like he's actually talking to the guy next to him while playing an insane solo....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don Williams is one pf my favorite singers.

"Lprd, I Hope This Day is Good"

"Listen To The Radio"

Good Ole Boys Like Me

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I like Garth Brooks, older Tim McGraw, and some of the 90's country.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don Williams is one pf my favorite singers.

When I was posting about Don Williams I got rushed into hitting "enter" and posting before I could proofread. My daughter's boyfriend has been living here and he just came in from a job with the son of my best friend from Maine. I had to rush downstairs to the living room to see the guy before he left!

I love Don Williams and didn't want to misspell the names of the songs I posted! Does anyone else like him? He had such a deep, mellifluous voice! "The Gentle Giant".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love harmony and also a cappella music. Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, and Emmylou Harris have sung some beautiful trios together. This is one of them.I believe I posted one song in one of the Christmas music threads one year.

"High Sierra"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results