shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you know where I can find a skinny china cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to add a china cabinet to my dining room BUT it can't be deeper than 14". I need a place to put wine glasses, decorative bowls etc. Glass doors on at least part of it would be nice. Width can be around 3 to 4 feet. Height can be taller...maybe 5 feet tall? Darker wood prefered in a more transitional style. Any suggestions?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might be better off looking for a glass-doored bookcase than a china cabinet. I saw some while I was out and about this weekend. Let me try to remember where I was and then I''ll post a pic or a link if I can find anything.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
do some research on bellacor.com
or try home portfolio
furniturelandsouth.com
boyles furniture
furniturefind.com
hooker furniture

I agree, you might be better off with a glass curio or something.
there is a lot out there, good luck

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one, but the style is more traditional than transitional. The hard part is the depth being 14" or less. Here's the link: link

Restoration.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would go to one of those unfinished furniture places.... and start junk shopping

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 3:15:57 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Here is one, but the style is more traditional than transitional. The hard part is the depth being 14' or less. Here's the link: link
Ooooh, that is really cute! I love glass fronted bookcases.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC, I like that one so much I''m thinking there might be a place for it in my *own* house too!

I saw a few others last weekend, but of course senility set in on my 35th birthday and I''ll be damned if I can remember where.... Maybe it will come to me!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You sound like me a few weeks ago...I desperately needed a skinny cabinet for our dining room to hold dishes, glasses, cookbooks, etc...FI and I just bought this one from Crate and Barrel:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=911&f=8330

It is really cute, has a lot of storage without taking up a lot of room, and for $200 you can''t beat it. Dont know the depth on it though, I think you can find out the dimensions using the link...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani I actually registered for that cabinet. Does the height bother you? (b/c it is so short)

ETA: I just checked my registry and someone actually bought it for us so I hope I will like it. The height was the only thing I was worried about. Does it really hold a lot?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 4:17:28 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Dani I actually registered for that cabinet. Does the height bother you? (b/c it is so short)

ETA: I just checked my registry and someone actually bought it for us so I hope I will like it. The height was the only thing I was worried about. Does it really hold a lot?
Hey Tacori!

No, the height doesn't bother me...I am about 5"4", and the top of the cabinet comes up to about the base of my neck, which is fine...it looks great in my d-room, and it does hold a lot of stuff..I think there are 4 shelves, which you can adjust easily. Its really cute, I am sure you will like it!
emwink.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am even shorter than you so I guess it should be fine. The good thing is you could put a few vases or something decorative on top and still be able to see it. I also love that in the future it would be great in a bathroom, living room, hall, bedroom, anywhere. I am so excited. I only added it to get the 10% off after the wedding. I didn''t think anyone would really buy it!

Back to the subject at hand. C&B also has a few glass doored book shelves that are also really nice.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas. I love the Pottery Barn but it is out of my budget. The C&B one is cute, but too deep (17"). I think I'll try the unfinished or junk stores for now. The bookcase idea is probably about right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results