shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you know of any vendors with lay-away plans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
so now that I am offically obsessed, I am buying myself a gift for a special anniversary in September.

I will have 4 years SOBER!

I have been saving little by little for this, and was wondering if you know of any vendors that I can start sending monet too to get my gift rolling.

I was thinking earrings of .40 each, to indicate the 4 years.

any other suggestions are welcome! Budget is approx $2000.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations girlfriend...that is a HUGE accomplishment.

The only vendor I know of that has a payment plan is way overpriced. Tiffany''s does 6 months, interest free. And you can wear them out the door immediately. But I don''t know if you can get what you want for a decent price there.

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations, 4 years, thats great. You deserve a nice pair of diamond studs and I hope you can find a vendor that will do layaway.
35.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You definitely deserve a treat!

I don't know about vendors who do layaway, but I wanted to chime in because I recently bought H&A earrings from Quest Manufacturing in northern Virginia. Mine are .83 ctw, H SI2, 14k white gold martini settings. With the custom setting, the stones, and the La Pousette backings, the total came to just over $1300, which is well under your budget.

Perhaps it won't be necessary to do layaway if you can find something for less than budget?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Quest - do they have a website?

Thanks for all the nice stuff you guys said :)

I didn''t know Tiffy''s does that!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
First off, let me say congratulations to you Treysar!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment! My mother is coming up on four years herself - maybe you two could get together and buy some diamonds together!!!!

Second, I have a question: That website for Quest Jewelers - is that for real?? I think I entered something in wrong. I ran a search for princess cuts, came up with a 1.34 ct. diamond for only $500?! Something doesn''t sound right about that. Mmeowcollins, can you help me with this? Are these legit diamonds? Do they have certs with them? Please let me know.

Again Treysar

CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... something with the Quest website is obviously off. The old website that I used to get contact info (that''s pretty much all it has) is http://www.questmanufacturing.com/aboutus.htm

This is the first time I''ve seen the new website, so perhaps they''re having serious technical difficulties. They''re definitely not a shoddy operation. I know other posters have had great experiences with them. I''m not sure about what stones they have in stock- my earrings were called in, and came with GIA certs. Also, Quest ran Sarins on them.

Hmm...

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ive never understood layaways ? Why would you want to do that ? When you have the money then pay for it ? Help me to understand the concept.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, thanks! I''ll try that other website address you posted. The stuff on the website looked real nice, so I was surprised to see a low price like that. It has to be an error
28.gif

dobie

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 3:11
6.gif
9 PM
Author: Iceman
Ive never understood layaways ? Why would you want to do that ? When you have the money then pay for it ? Help me to understand the concept.
There are many reasons for using layaways, including

1. locking in at today''s purchase price in case the price goes up over the following months
2. the item is safely in the store and it is yours when you''ve paid up at any time. No chance of the item sold while you''re saving up the needed funds and then waiting for a backorder

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif
That is absolutely a perfect reason for buying some sparkly baubles!

The jewelry store near me has up to 10 or 12 months layaway. It is a B&M and they have a website. But their prices are a little higher than internet vendors. So I guess it would depend on whether you would be comfortable paying more money, but being able to pay it over a longer period of time.

My sister has diamond studs purchased from them and this past Christmas I received diamond studs purchased from them, so I can tell you that their ideal RB''s are definitely sparkly!

Hhhmmmm...I just checked their website, and they do not sell loose diamonds online. They do sell "stock" earrings online. I think they are H or I color, SI clarity, and Ideal cut. Here''s the website in case you want to check them out:
http://www.albertsmyth.com/cgi-bin/SmythJewels.storefront/4212706b02ab926a273f0cacf81706d3/UserTemplate/225?list=10473,10472,10471,10470

I have one of the "stock" pairs. They are gorgeous and I love them, but if you want these earrings to be extra special than I would say you might want to look into getting loose diamonds and having them put into a setting.

Have you looked at Whiteflash''s ACA''s? They have some nice ones that could possibly be paired up to make earrings with tcw nearly 0.8, for less than $2000.

dobie

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 5:22:33 PM
Author: Buena Girl

Have you looked at Whiteflash''s ACA''s? They have some nice ones that could possibly be paired up to make earrings with tcw nearly 0.8, for less than $2000.
If you don''t mind I SI 4-prong basket studs, you can get the pre-set "Expert Selection! Ready set to Go" studs. The 0.80 ctw pairs for $1190 and 1.00 ctw for $2100.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations !!!
35.gif
And happy aniversary - diamond hunting !

There should be a good choice of studs fot the money. How about some fancy shaped ones ?
31.gif

Just seen this vintage pair one of these days: 0.92 cts G/VS, OEC, $1650

estatejewels_1833_24025097

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Many Congrats on your upcoming anniversary, Treysar!!
36.gif

You definitely deserve to reward yourself!!
16.gif

Can''t wait to see pics!!
3.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea which vendor has lawaway... I just hopped on to give you on great big

CONGRATS TREY!!!!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I would also like to say

36.gif
36.gif
Congrats Trey
36.gif
36.gif

What an accomplishment.
35.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations, that is an accomplishment. I sure that many of us here on the forum have been affected by loved ones who were not sober so we understand a little of what you have gone through.

I have it on good athority that Wink will do layaways occassionally. I think that many of the vendors here would do it if asked politely. Some may, others may not, but at the margins we are allowed it is not something that we actively seek.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results