shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you know any couple with an upcoming spring wedding ? If yes..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what can they do with Covid19 going around?
cancel the wedding and lose all the deposits?
what if they have already sent out all the invitations?
would you attend if you were one of the invitees?

Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If I was the bride, I would cancel/reschedule the wedding even if invitations were sent out, and negotiate with the vendors to reschedule for a later time. If I was a guest, I would send my regrets and a large check to cover my expenses. Health is the most important thing right now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about elderly relatives ?
it would be sad for nan and pop to miss out and it would be dreadful if they got sick - much worse than getting sick from the dodgy chicken dish

i do wonder what Princess Bea will do ?
his family are Italian and the Queen and Prince Philip are in their 90s

and i don't think its safe to elope to some tropical paradise right now either

i do feel sorry for the bride of 2020

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there’s cancellation insurance you can take out, but of course, it’s too late for that now. I would hope that venues etc., would try and accommodate people whose big day has been cancelled because of this, but I’m not sure they have any legal obligation to do so, act of God or extraordinary circumstances clauses come to mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just elope if there was a justice of the peace still open for business. Would not risk my guests health and welfare. But I would want to marry the love of my life as soon as possible because it could only strengthen your bond and boost your health during the difficult time. JMO. #elope

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One couple's wedding is due next week. She is making the cake herself and is nearly finished when the decision to postpone is made today.

DK :(

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not spring, but my daughter is getting married at the end of September. It's only 40 people, but it's all up in the air. They cancelled their honeymoon to Italy. We really don't know what is going to happen. She will be out a lot of money to cancel, but nothing we can do. It's a bad year for all couples.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a wedding venue & planning business in the immediate family.
It's absolutely dreadful for them. They are trying to reschedule/postpone as many weddings as possible

(Keep in mind: gatherings of more than 5 people are prohibited in France atm due to Covid10)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know of 3 spring weddings, and then 1 in august.
NONE of the spring brides want to cancel, but guests are dropping out like flies. I think they will end up going forward with immediate family only and hope vendors will refund the difference. I'm not sure whats happening with the August wedding, I think they are taking the wait and see approach.

What's worse IMO is baby showers/bridal showers/bachelor parties still happening. Basically the definition of non-essential.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't even thought of weddings :(
I've been so focused on my own family's concerns: work, school, graduation for the college student.
There is no one that won't be touched by this.
I agree with those that say I would go ahead and get married, then I would hold a celebration/renewal next year

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My coworker just cancelled her baby shower :( I already got her gift so I'll bring it Tomorrow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no one that won't be touched by this.

Yes that is what I was saying to Greg last week. There is no one who remains untouched by this in some way. This is (in my memory at least) the first time something like this has ever happened. Where everyone in the world is affected.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know of 3 spring weddings, and then 1 in august.
NONE of the spring brides want to cancel, but guests are dropping out like flies. I think they will end up going forward with immediate family only and hope vendors will refund the difference. I'm not sure whats happening with the August wedding, I think they are taking the wait and see approach.

What's worse IMO is baby showers/bridal showers/bachelor parties still happening. Basically the definition of non-essential.

My guess is all of these will be canceled. Things are changing super fast and one day to the next there are dramatic changes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not spring, but my daughter is getting married at the end of September. It's only 40 people, but it's all up in the air. They cancelled their honeymoon to Italy. We really don't know what is going to happen. She will be out a lot of money to cancel, but nothing we can do. It's a bad year for all couples.

@lyra I am thinking she will get her money back. Even if there is resistance now. In a month or two or three I am betting everything will be refunded. That's the way it seems to be going down. Intial resistance but with the way the pandemic is progressing there is no choice but to cancel and refund.

I am sorry it is affecting your family and your DD's wedding. Perhaps she can still get married but with a much smaller (immediate family only) group.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One couple's wedding is due next week. She is making the cake herself and is nearly finished when the decision to postpone is made today.

DK :(

a situation where if the fashion was still fruit cake all would not be lost ;)2
but gotta feel sorry for these brides right now

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
yes, their wedding was rescheduled to July this year. they have no choice but to move the wedding because they don't want to risk the health of their guests. Also, some guest are flying in, so they decided to move the date

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a friends' son getting married this weekend. Very big wedding and reception planned. But in our state and the state south of us, restaurants and venues have just been restricted to take out food only, as no gatherings more than 50 or 100 people are allowed at least thru the end of the month. So I think both the rehearsal dinner and reception were cancelled yesterday since things changed so rapidly. The couple will go ahead and get married at his parents' home, and they are resecheduling the big wedding/reception for September. They seem to have a wonderful attitude about it!

One of my daughter's best friends also has a big wedding scheduled for mid-April. The restrictions have not been applied to April yet, but I think it is inevitable. I am sure they had to cancel the honeymoon as it was London and Italy. So very sad. I know what it's like to plan a wedding as our daughter got married last year, and I cannot imagine this happening at the last minute.

The other thing is that many small wedding vendors will lose weeks of their busiest season. I have a friend whose daughter is a wedding florist and very much in demand, but these big weddings likely will all be cancelled for the next couple of months. It's going to be a tough time for so many.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, my daughter got the text this morning from her friend that they are postponing their wedding until August! This couple does not live together so it's not only the disappointment of moving the wedding by 4 months, it's postponing them starting their lives together completely. It's just sad for all these young couples.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re limiting weddings in the UK to 5 guests only now. So basically, both sets of parents and one other person.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, my daughter got the text this morning from her friend that they are postponing their wedding until August! This couple does not live together so it's not only the disappointment of moving the wedding by 4 months, it's postponing them starting their lives together completely. It's just sad for all these young couples.

It is sad. But I definitely think getting married with just a few family members is preferable to not getting married for many months. This way they can start their life together and when life resumes more normally they can celebrate with a big happy party. This is what I would do. Of course there’s no right or wrong. Whatever works best for the couple involved. These are challenging times. Best wishes to them @diamondseeker2006

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first wedding is supposed to be next weekend. Right now BC is limiting gatherings to 50 or less so they are still thinking of having a small wedding. I won't be attending, and I know many friends and family aren't comfortable with it either. I guess we will see. I think Ontario banned gatherings of 10+ people so its hard to say if that will roll down over here and throw a wrench in.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter is waiting to see if her vendors start cancelling on her. That way, she gets refunds. She still has hope, but I don't really. I suggested that maybe they can still get married that day, but they may have to postpone the reception. It's all very awkward. She's supposed to be sending out invitations at the end of the month and having her first sessions with the venue's wedding coordinator.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter is waiting to see if her vendors start cancelling on her. That way, she gets refunds. She still has hope, but I don't really. I suggested that maybe they can still get married that day, but they may have to postpone the reception. It's all very awkward. She's supposed to be sending out invitations at the end of the month and having her first sessions with the venue's wedding coordinator.

I would really hope September would be a safe time (unless you live far enough north where Sept is cold and things like flu start early?). The two couples we know that just cancelled for March and April rescheduled for August and September, but we are in the southeast US. I've never heard of sending invitations 6 months before a wedding other than for destination weddings where the guests have to make long term plans. In the US, the couple usually sends out a save-the-date 6 months to a year in advance but then sends the wedding invitation about 2 months before the wedding. Can she delay sending the invitations? I can't see venues cancelling anytime soon for a September wedding.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sadly my daughter ( Lauren) and her fiancé have a May 18 date. We’re all so bummed. Scrambling to figure out what to do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly my daughter ( Lauren) and her fiancé have a May 18 date. We’re all so bummed. Scrambling to figure out what to do.

I’m sorry @Rockdiamond. Would they consider a streaming wedding? The few immediate family members can be there in person and the rest of the guests join in online?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am getting married in September and preparing that this thing may not be over by then. My brother is getting married in June. I can't see that happening.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh, so sorry!

I am getting married in September and preparing that this thing may not be over by then. My brother is getting married in June. I can't see that happening.

I'd be a little concerned about June but not so much about September. The two weddings we know about were rescheduled for August and September. From everything I have read, this virus weakens over time. China hasn't had new cases in a couple of days, so that's a good sign. I am an optimist, so I am open to revising my opinion at a later time. I think Sept. is safer than waiting further into the fall when there's flu season plus this possibly flaring up again. I am an optimist, so I am open to revising my opinion at a later time. But I'm hoping it works out for you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a friends' son getting married this weekend. Very big wedding and reception planned. But in our state and the state south of us, restaurants and venues have just been restricted to take out food only, as no gatherings more than 50 or 100 people are allowed at least thru the end of the month. So I think both the rehearsal dinner and reception were cancelled yesterday since things changed so rapidly. The couple will go ahead and get married at his parents' home, and they are resecheduling the big wedding/reception for September. They seem to have a wonderful attitude about it!

One of my daughter's best friends also has a big wedding scheduled for mid-April. The restrictions have not been applied to April yet, but I think it is inevitable. I am sure they had to cancel the honeymoon as it was London and Italy. So very sad. I know what it's like to plan a wedding as our daughter got married last year, and I cannot imagine this happening at the last minute.

The other thing is that many small wedding vendors will lose weeks of their busiest season. I have a friend whose daughter is a wedding florist and very much in demand, but these big weddings likely will all be cancelled for the next couple of months. It's going to be a tough time for so many.

hopefully the florest can do get well bouquets
plenty of rather fortunate people are working from home and still have an income to spend

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks J!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results