clarity

Do you know any 'askholes'?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes people want to hear your opinion..It doesn’t mean we have to follow it! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask those I trust for advice/opinion when needed, and make my own decision whether to follow them or not.

If things do not go well, I only have myself to blame for following or not following their advice/opinion.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask those I trust for advice/opinion when needed, and make my own decision whether to follow them or not.

If things do not go well, I only have myself to blame for following or not following their advice/opinion.

DK :))

Exactly!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Uh yup. Me. Me. I'm the problem :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think "advice" is different from an "opinion". Someone asking for an opinion may just be gathering those from multiple parties. If someone asks for advice, it is generally because they trust your guidance. I see the two as different. And yes, I do know people who ask for advice but don't ever follow it. I usually assume that they are only asking because they are hoping my advice supports what they want to do, and if it doesn't, the will just ignore it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure my parents would say all 3 of their kids are "Askholes" !

My Mom even said when I was younger they would not tell me what to do or give their opinion because I would always do the
opposite just to be defiant! :lol:

Why could I not take the opinion of those with more experience than I? I'm going to assume it was just one of my many character
flaws!:oops: The good news is that I think I've outgrown it. Not that I'll do what you advise, but it will be for other reasons than just
being defiant!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
And what do you call a person that wears such a t-shirt, who apparently thinks that they are all knowing and so arrogant that they think that if someone asks their opinion, it should be followed because they are always right?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what do you call a person that wears such a t-shirt, who apparently thinks that they are all knowing and so arrogant that they think that if someone asks their opinion, it should be followed because they are always right?

I'd call that person in the vast majority.

People who accept that people very is a tiny minority.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results