shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have an emergency bag?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't live in an area that has earthquakes, wildfires, tornados (or at least not many), hurricanes, or other natural disasters that would make needing an emergency supply of food/water/medications wise to have. We have blizzards, but the city rarely shuts down entirely because of one. Plus, even in the times when I have lived through extended power outages while living in more storm prone locations than I do now, things are usually back up and running in a few days. And the water still runs even when the power is out and the gas stove still works, so having a few candles (which I always have anyway), a way to light them (also something I always have anyway), and some basic pantry items (also stuff I always have anyway) is all you really need. Freezers don't defrost for days and days if you keep them closed; fridges also stay relatively cool for a surprising amount of time. I do usually try to keep some coffee creamer powder in my pantry as well as I do not like black coffee. I also keep a first aid kit in my trunk of my car. Given our winters here, I also tend to have jumper cables, an extra set of hat and gloves, and a scraper that could double as a way to dig out a tire from a pile of snow if need be in my trunk. If I'm highway driving in the winter I'll also often pop in a sleeping bag, because cell phone reception isn't available in some places.

But I also have camping gear in my house, so I suppose if the zombies attacked I'd have a camp stove, propane tanks for the camp stove, a water filtration unit/water purification tablets (which we use when backpacking, because carrying water is heavy), a tent, sleeping gear, and the odd (probably expired) dehydrated meal on hand. But honestly, I'd rather just go down to my wine cellar, enjoy myself thoroughly, and be one of the first wave to go rather than survive whatever horrors would come next. I'm not one to really enjoy a post-apocalyptic world (nor do I really believe that one will occur, if I am being honest).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results