shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a strict bedtime routine for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
The PJ question made me think of this. DH thinks I am a nut so I am wondering if anyone else is semi-psychotic about their sleep

First I floss, brush and listerine. I walk to the bedroom and take of unecessary clothing. I get in bed, put vaseline on my lips and settle in to read. Normal stuff

Before going to sleep I put ear plugs in both ears ( I have a box containing 200 pair because the earwax in just one use disturbs me) Then I put a sleep mask on. He thinks the vaseline, ear plugs and mask are silly.

I have like super-bat hearing and sight when I am trying to sleep. The moon light has been known to wake me and I MUST have the ear plugs. Crickets outside the window have caused me to wake up. Even in the morning with the ear plugs firmly in place I still sometimes have to get up and close the window because of the birds chirping. How can I hear the crickets and birds with good fitting, not cheap ear plugs in?

Does anyone else require such things just to sleep? I don''t sleep at odd hours. 11pm to 8am.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ear pliugs are KEY. I have used them for 23 plus years. Hubby snores. I can still hear through them... But they are a must. I also have to have my heating pad... YES 365 days a year. The heat helps my neck. I can''t sleep without it.
Casper my doggie always has to be next to me, or HE can''t sleep, LOL!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shower, brush teeth, floss, rinse with listerine, chapstick on lips, put the earplugs in and hand lotion. Earplugs because my husband snores like a chainsaw.
23.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
so I am not the only one!!! HA! I knew it! yea, the earplugs don''t completely get rid of all noise, but it muffles it enough to make sleep possible.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:05:18 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ear pliugs are KEY. I have used them for 23 plus years. Hubby snores. I can still hear through them... But they are a must. I also have to have my heating pad... YES 365 days a year. The heat helps my neck. I can''t sleep without it.

Casper my doggie always has to be next to me, or HE can''t sleep, LOL!!

kaleigh - maybe casper just wants to use the heating pad??

alternately, have you tried him with ear plugs??

31.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Makeup MUST be washed off....cannot sleep with makeup on!!! I do brush teeth, brush hair, and put vaseline on lips (I floss in the mornings before I brush) but my biggest thing is to take off the makeup. I have a sound machine that sounds like a waterfall, kinda static-like....earplugs don't work for me....I can hear myself breathe, swallow, and my heartbeat....I can't take it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
No routine. I can go to bed at midnight or 4 am. Windows need to be open and the room cool. There are no window coverings on the windows so no issues with light. I go to sleep when I am tired and wake up when I've had enough. The only thing I religiously do is put in my retainer. After 2 years of Invisalign I developed the habit. A few times I left them in my car and ended up awaking in the middle of the night because something didn't feel right and retrieving them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 12:09:15 AM
Author: swingirl
No routine. I can go to bed at midnight or 4 am. Windows need to be open and the room cool. There are no window coverings on the windows so no issues with light. I go to sleep when I am tired and wake up when I''ve had enough.

Yes, a must for us too.... windows have to be open. Including winter time also. Even if it is just a crack.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Brush teeth, get my clothes ready for the morning.
I sleep with my makeup on :) i "think" that its good for my skin somehow to have the "grease" set in at night while sleeping. I am almost 40 and really, i don''t have wrinkles yet * knock on wood *. In the morning, i use a pinneaple scrub by ALBA to wash everything off, then start over again.
emmoon.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I brush my teeth, moisturize, turn on a fan and curl up with a book. The book lasts for about 2 pages, then it''s lights out.
9.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had a routine!! I work nights, so my bedtime varies drastically, depending if I have work or not. But I always wash my face and brush my teeth before hitting the hay. I sleep like a rock, no earplugs needed. Ever. It''s kinda scary.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I almost always have to read before bed. Sometimes FI is tired and wants to just go to sleep so I agree, but 15 minutes later I realize I need to read a bit and end up going downstairs to do it. I think it just helps get my mind off of things and puts me in a neutral place where I can fall asleep.

Other than that, I don't have much routine outside of brushing my teeth and washing my face. I almost wish I had more of one because I spend a lot of time in hotels and find it very hard to sleep. A more set routine could help me.

ETA: It needs to be cold in the room. Even in the winter we keep the vent closed in the bedroom and usually crack a window. I start getting very hot at 4am (I guess my body is starting to wake up?) and if it's not cold in the room I can't sleep at all from 4-6am.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I guess I do have a routine but never realized it.

First I take out my contacts and put my glasses on, wash face and apply miracle products, brush and floss, pee, turn on fan and get in my "sleep clothes," fix all blankets appropriately and stack pillows, read, get back up when done reading and pee again, go back to bed and unstack pillows, readjust covers, turn out the lamp and sleep.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine:

Make tea
Wash face
Put on face/eye cream
Kiss kids goodnight & sometimes read with them
Drink tea
Read book
Brush teeth

Climb into bed

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
nope...no routine..I just get in bed and VOILA I''m off to la-la land

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
bedtime routine:
PJ''s
check email
check doors
make sure SO is full (he normally requires a 9-10 pm snack)
Make a small glass of either grapefruit juice or light soy milk
take 2 cinnamon capsules, vitamin D, vitamin C (chewable) and vitamin E
brush teeth
make sure to get my pupper into the bed with us
talk for a few mins
sleep.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Remove Jewelry
Remove Makeup
Pilates or Crunches and Pushups
Shower (includes teeth brushing and post mosturising activity)

Watch TV for 30 minutes
Turn on Fan
Turn on Airpurifier
Smooch the hub
Put in ear plugs
put on eye mask

Hub snores too. The Fan and the airpurifier are mearly noisemakers...lol in the winter I do a humidifier

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

My routine (not necessarily in this order):

Put on PJs
Take off makeup (I use both cold cream and facewash)
Put acne cream and moisturizer on my face
Brush teeth
Put hair up
Get water or juice
Get out all my medicine
Take all my medicine
Read or cuddle with DH
Sleep!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Take a shower (a must).
Brush teeth.
Brush hair.
Get into pjs.
Window a tad open.
Smooch FI.
Turn on night light.
Make sure the alarm is on.
Get into heavy blanket. (medium heavy in the summer)
Sleep.

My FI snores but he doesn''t live with me. So, I might need earplug in the future. FI came by at nite and leave once I get to sleep. This is a nasty habit I picked up. I can''t sleep if he is not around.
38.gif
Any ideas on how to break this nasty habit? Living together is out of the question. FI has rule about that. So...any thoughts?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
A really hard core workout 2-3 hours before I go to bed. A nice hot shower, brush the teeth, get into tomorrow''s running outfit. In the bed by 8:45-9pm and up at 4:45 the next morning for a run. I''m pretty consistent... and I sleep like a baby.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Shower
Body lotion
Take out and clean contacts
Brush teeth, floss
Skincare routine
Put dogs in their bed
Set coffee maker
Turn on air purifier
Wait in bed for DH to tuck us in
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results