shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a specific jewelry style?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Although some consider my three stone trellis ring and matching band to be more "modern" and clean lines" I am in the process of designing a RHR with a OEC and vintage style. I have noticed that most people seem to be more "one or the other" Do you have one specific jewelry style or are you more ecclectic?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m like you...I have a round 3 stone that I Love, but I drool over vintage stones and settings as well. I pretty much like it all!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tend to more clean, fluid modern pieces. I love antiques, but I tend to go for Deco or Art Noveau instead of Victorian or Edwardian.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like antiques, and I like sleek, modern pieces. However, since my wedding set is Van Craeynest, it means I''m pretty much only wear pieces that won''t clash with that. My daily RHR is an OMC in a Tacori, and any other jewelry I have is simple enough (like diamond studs or pearls) to not look weird matched with those vintage-y looks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My style is classic - most of my diamonds are basket set. I do have one bezel necklace (is that considered more modern?).

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 11:35:39 AM
Author: Hest88
I like antiques, and I like sleek, modern pieces. However, since my wedding set is Van Craeynest, it means I'm pretty much only wear pieces that won't clash with that. My daily RHR is an OMC in a Tacori, and any other jewelry I have is simple enough (like diamond studs or pearls) to not look weird matched with those vintage-y looks.
OMC, Tacori...sounds like a dream.. Hope there's photos on here!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like big and chunky as far as jewelry. I am neither delicate nor petite and do not favor dainty jewelry.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty picky with what I like, but I do like things across different styles.

I would say I don''t like anything that''s too modern - I like things that are modern yet "classic" as well as more vintage-y pieces.

My style is: "I want everything, lots of diamonds, I like it, I''ll take it, more more more."

;-)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My husband would say, "Expensive". Is that a style?
3.gif

Personally, I like classic, low-key pieces that still catch your eye and make a statement.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like dainty, simple, swirly pieces. I like dainty and simple in everything, though - china, art, clothes...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
casual and classic. Lots of silver, pearls, and more understated pieces

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Vintage. I don''t have a lot of vintage but it''s what I aspire to own more of.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love antique jewelry. The more milgrain, the better!
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I definitely do. I enjoy vintage pieces with milgrain and engraving but don''t own any (except some costume pieces) and everytime I think of buying some, I can''t pull the trigger.

My engagement ring works well with both vintage and contemporary styles, fortunately, because it is a mix itself. No milgrain or engraving, but an asscher with a halo and pave. But most of the pieces on my wishlist are high polish, bezelled and detailed. Like my pendant. I have a RHR on the list that fits that billl. My new earrings are exactly like that. And the tennis bracelet I want is also like that. It''s what I''m drawn to. I''m love the bling boosting effect of a bezel and it''s protection, and love the classic simplicity of no pave, or milgrain or engraving that high polish finish offer.

But my next project is one that doesn''t fit that bucket... and MAY end up with milgraining and pave AND engraving. So we''ll see. It''s nice having an engagement/wedding set that works well with a mix of pieces. Although I don''t wear yellow gold at all anymore, and own quite a bit of it (in a safe deposit box), so I''ve been thinking of getting just a simple wedding band in high carat gold (etsy, with hammered finish) so that I can wear those pieces more often (wouldn''t be hard to wear them more often than never). But then again... they aren''t really my style so I haven''t been inclined to spend money on the band.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 5:35:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I love antique jewelry. The more milgrain, the better!
2.gif

Ditto!

I also like modern with bezels (anything with bezels really), but with minimal metal.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My jewelry style has always been pretty eclectic. I have a lot of pieces from various eras I''ve inherited, and I love them all. I don''t own many ornate pieces, and I regularly mix metals. I mostly wear my wedding set, diamond studs, one of my various cheapie bracelet watches, and a Tiffany silver necklace. I love the look of more ornate, vintage-y pieces, but I don''t own any at this point.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t usually wear much jewelry other than earrings and my engagement ring/wedding band, so I''d say my style is simple. I typically don''t like really chunky, ornate, busy types of jewelry too much.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only really wear my wedding set, and I will be resetting it this year so right now I don''t really know my style!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t usually wear much jewelry other than earrings and my engagement ring/wedding band, so I''d say my style is simple. I typically don''t like really chunky, ornate, busy types of jewelry too much.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to like simple pieces with a center stone and diamond accents. Earrings are either studs or dangles. I like smaller carat bracelets and generally wear 2 of them - one diamond and one gemstone.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely vintage for me. I have some lovely jewelry that is on the modern side and I''m thinking of selling them to finance the remake of an iolite ring I just bought. However, I am currently unemployed
11.gif
so maybe that should wait until I get a job.

Mobinvera

Rough_Rock
I purposely chose different styles for my rings, and love them both. I have a legacy-inspired pink sapphire RHR, and choose a clean cathedral setting princess solitaire for my e-ring (which I don’t wear yet). The stone sizes are about the same, but we decided to stay away from pave/halos for the e-ring because we wanted the 2 rings to be different styles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results