shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a name for your car?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I know lots of PSers have names for their rings....but do you have one for your car? What is your car's name and why?

Stitch.jpg

My new car is called Stitch, after Lilo and Stitch. When I drove home and my daughter saw my car pulling in, she said the front end looked like Stich!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we do. Our car’s name is Loofy. Our first car was egg colored so we just named him Loofy which is a play on the French word for the egg (l'œuf).

When Loofy was too tired to go on after 18 years we had his spirit reincarnated into our current car who we call Loofy too. Lol yes we are weird.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No...but it has a "theme". It's a midnight edition Rogue, so it is accessorized with spooky things like Jack Skellington and Zero the dog items. It is white pearl with all black trimmings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not at present. But growing up us girls inherited the family car, a Green Meteor Montcalm. Huge, and ran like a dam. Gently referred to as the "bombe". Best teenage car.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first started in the financial industry the broker I worked for had a black 911 (mid-80s whale tail Targa) named after Eddie Murphy in Trading Places: "Billy Ray Valentine... Capricorn." I always said when I got MY 911 I'd name him after Jim's so I had Billy Ray Jr. (And now I'm on to Billy Ray III.)

The Honda Accord that the X-HH and I had was named Dominick after the Christmas song Dominick the Donkey because when we would drive over railroad tracks or anything that caused the rear end to go down and back up the car would make this crazy HEE HAW noise. No one could figure out what was going on; we even called Car Talk out of desperation one time. Sadly Click and Clack never took up our case. The name Dominick carried over to the Lexus SUV we bought to replace the Accord. That SUV has been renamed the Dee Dee Doll (in my honor) by my best friend from law school when he bought the vehicle from last fall. My new Lexus SUV is named Luther. As in Lex Luther.

Hmmm... I'm starting to sound a little crazy here!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheapo Wimp.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I call it Paid Off, not an official name but I'm proud of it especially at almost 250k miles!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my first cars had a name—Ruby Pearl. No creativity on my part. That was the name of the paint color. I haven’t named a car since then.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't name my cars.
But my neighbors do.
Their green KIA is named Fern, the white Smart Car is named Albert and the 1972 pickup is called Chuck. And the '55 Buick Special is named Edna.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Not the current car but our previous BMW was named Black Beauty, probably inspired by its paint - sapphire black

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
When I first started in the financial industry the broker I worked for had a black 911 (mid-80s whale tail Targa) named after Eddie Murphy in Trading Places: "Billy Ray Valentine... Capricorn." I always said when I got MY 911 I'd name him after Jim's so I had Billy Ray Jr. (And now I'm on to Billy Ray III.)

The Honda Accord that the X-HH and I had was named Dominick after the Christmas song Dominick the Donkey because when we would drive over railroad tracks or anything that caused the rear end to go down and back up the car would make this crazy HEE HAW noise. No one could figure out what was going on; we even called Car Talk out of desperation one time. Sadly Click and Clack never took up our case. The name Dominick carried over to the Lexus SUV we bought to replace the Accord. That SUV has been renamed the Dee Dee Doll (in my honor) by my best friend from law school when he bought the vehicle from last fall. My new Lexus SUV is named Luther. As in Lex Luther.

Hmmm... I'm starting to sound a little crazy here!

Not crazy at all, The car I had before Stitch was called Seabiscuit for the amazing horsepower. At the same time we had seabiscuit, Dh’s company car was a yucky brown car we called sea monkey because sea monkeys are ugly, and it was such a huge contrast to my gleaming beast, Seabiscuit.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I call it Paid Off, not an official name but I'm proud of it especially at almost 250k miles!

Love it. When I was at the MB dealership shopping for my car, the salesperson asked my DH what he drove, to which my husband answered : “the best car in the world” a free one! (company car).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy was the name of our Jeep
saddly we don't own her anymore because 4x4ing as a serous hobby is really expensive J(eep parts have to be imported and the OH just hot sick of crawling under her to fix stuff)
she was named after Catherine Bach, her character had a CJ called Dixie

our 4x4s Always have names

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not normally, no, but my last car was a Jeep Cherokee (the 3rd consecutive Jeep I had) & I bought it when my youngest was about 3. When I was reversing one day she was looking at the little light display up behind her in the roof by the boot window, turning from green through orange to red & listening to the beeps get faster, and she started laughing her little socks off & said "Mummy! This car is Beep The Jeep!" He was known as Beep for the 4 years I had him. Swapped him for a Nissan last year & I'm still sad. Hands down Beep was my favourite car since becoming a parent. This girls loved that car too - maybe because 'he' had a name & thus developed a personality?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very first car when I was 22 as I got started late re cars because I grew up in NYC and never needed a car till I was in graduate school. At that stage I needed a car for my externship at West Point USMA. I named it named Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Hahaha. Self explanatory I think. It was the cutest red Toyota Corolla and it was my very first car. I loved that car so much. Isn't it funny how some of us attribute human feelings to an inanimate object? I know I do. But I told you I'm weird.

By the way is that called anthropormorphism or personification? I always get those confused.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a photo of Loofy too/two

loofytoo.jpg

and the only photo I could find of the original Loofy...

loofyone.jpeg
The day we had to leave him at the Lexus dealership. :( 18 years old and the best car a family could ever hope to have. We love you Loofy and so glad you are back with us reincarnated into Loofy too/two.

Sadly I don't have a photo of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as I had that car in the 80s and I had no camera or mobile phone in the old days. Take my word for it though...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one good looking car.:love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my current car, but my previous car was called Magnus, and DH’s, Sven, because they were Swedish :lol: (His SatNav was called Ingrid])

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
My first car was a Golf names Veronica because she looked like a Veronica.

Then is was a Mercedes GLK named Geoffrey because it was fancy, but things kept on breaking so also evil.

Now I drive a beetle convertible named Gretchen.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Interestingly, I never gave my favorite car of all time a name. Here is my old Lexus RX 300, the car that never got a name 61B437F2-BE9B-421C-B664-B49EF61D01FF.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t have a name for my new car. It’s Swedish...so looking for a Swedish girl’s name but I can’t come up with one I like. I thought about naming her Sugar because she’s white..and the Inscription white paint has tiny sparkles in it. Also, my dog Bailey’s sister’s name is Sugar.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first car was supposed to be named Helios but everyone called it The Silver Bullet because it was silver and fast and fairly sleek (at the time I first got it anyway). If someone hadn't totaled it, I'd still be driving it.

My current car does not have a name. While it is also silver and fast, I'm not sure that it's bullet-shaped enough to be a Silver Bullet, though I love @missy 's idea of having the car's spirit reincarnated!

I did change my Siri voice to British male though and privately think of Siri now as Batman's butler Alfred.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Interestingly, I never gave my favorite car of all time a name. Here is my old Lexus RX 300, the car that never got a name 61B437F2-BE9B-421C-B664-B49EF61D01FF.jpeg

I think I'm going to name her "Faith" short for old Faithful....the best car I ever owned, and she is pure white and innocent....looks like a Faith no?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results