shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a housekeeper?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I've wanted a housekeeper for years. DH, being in law enforcement, was strongly against it. He's taken too many reports revolving housekeepers and theft. Well, with two little kids and another on the way, working full time, PLUS teaching a college course, I basically said I'm not cleaning anymore. Plus, we have a yard crew with is basically the same thing. The housekeepers are here right now and I'm giddy.

Who else has one?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help whatsoever.
I also do the lawn/gardening.

I don't like paid-folks in or around our house.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, me! I dont work outside the home so I'm it 8) . We did have one while I worked and she was worth every penny. I
would have kissed the ground she walked on! So worth it when both people work and there are kids involved. Its really
nice to be able to relax and have a little bit of family time instead of spending a day, or your whole weekend, cleaning.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456598457|3996636 said:
No help whatsoever.

But dont you have guard dogs Kenny??? :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1456599082|3996640 said:
No help whatsoever.

Ah yes.
I forgot about our viscous guard girls.

screen_shot_2016-02-27_at_11.png

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny your guard girls are so cute it hurts!! <3 :love:
Enjoy your housekeeper amc80, I've always wanted a cleaning person too. As it stands that would be me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we have someone clean every 2 weeks. We are lucky that she is a really nice lady and she is also the DIL of a friend of DH's so we don't hesitate leaving her alone in our house.

I would ask around and get recommendations from friends and colleagues if you want to hire someone.

We also hire a service that mows our lawn and shovels our walks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am the maid, housekeeper and the landscaper at times...

Q

Queenie60

Yes, two times per week - one day for heavy cleaning and the other day to tidy up. Our house is rather large and too much for me to do alone. Although I still do a lot of cleaning during the week as there's a lot of activity in the kitchen/family room living part of our home. Always sweeping, washing dishes and making a meal here and there.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, DH and I manage to keep the house clean by ourselves.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I used to have someone clean every other week when I worked full time in an office and traveled. I am so tempted to do it again. I work at home but with a super clingy infant, it's so hard to do the deeper cleaning. I feel like I'm just hitting the tops. I am so jealous of you right now, AMC.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just me. He's wanting me to find a new job, and all I can think is--how in the *world* am I going to take care of him, two kids, four cats, a dog, a house, the yard, laundry, dishes a million things, the side business, on a daily basis-plus work 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year? Right now I'm with the school district-so no work over the summer, a long thanksgiving break, a long Christmas break, plus a few other random days off and short days. I'm just now finally starting to do things for ME, taking time to sit and read, watch tv, be on the computer, take taekwondo classes etc--if I am working that much more, I'll have zero time to myself.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
We have someone who comes in every other week. ONLY BECAUSE have a severe case of RA in my hands, fingers, wrists and elbows and sometimes can't do anything for myself. I'm receiving treatment, but the damage is done and while the treatment has, for the most part, halted further deformity, I really am useless. One afternoon got stuck in the bathroom until Rich came home because I couldn't turn the door handle. So she does a lot of deep cleaning for me.

He's good about doing things when I can't, and some days are GREAT, but I can never count on the hands working.

Kenny, your guard dogs are so sweet! Where did you find those hats?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1456598029|3996634 said:
I've wanted a housekeeper for years. DH, being in law enforcement, was strongly against it. He's taken too many reports revolving housekeepers and theft. Well, with two little kids and another on the way, working full time, PLUS teaching a college course, I basically said I'm not cleaning anymore. Plus, we have a yard crew with is basically the same thing. The housekeepers are here right now and I'm giddy.

Who else has one?

OMG--I needed a nap after just reading your post!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare said:
OMG--I needed a nap after just reading your post!

Yes, I'm a tired person.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They ROCK!!!!

I'm without one right now but if the right cleaner appeared I'd commit ! My parents had the same cleaner for 30+ years.

It just depends on what you're willing to delegate in order to free up your time, and you can't be overly controlling or perfectionistic or nobody's going to be happy and satisfied with the relationship. In my area, the fee ranges from $20-35/hour.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1456611808|3996715 said:
We have someone who comes in every other week. ONLY BECAUSE have a severe case of RA in my hands, fingers, wrists and elbows and sometimes can't do anything for myself. I'm receiving treatment, but the damage is done and while the treatment has, for the most part, halted further deformity, I really am useless. One afternoon got stuck in the bathroom until Rich came home because I couldn't turn the door handle. So she does a lot of deep cleaning for me.

He's good about doing things when I can't, and some days are GREAT, but I can never count on the hands working.

Amber, I feel for you, I have a similar problem. Seeing an occupational therapist and getting some gadgets to help eg opening jars has really helped! There must be one for opening doors too?

I have a woman who cleans once a week, she does a bit of ironing too and quite frankly I couldn't manage without her. It just means one less thing to think about.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks.

I have no clue where my SO finds their clothes. :lol: :roll:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456599663|3996645 said:
tyty333|1456599082|3996640 said:
No help whatsoever.

Ah yes.
I forgot about our viscous guard girls.

Kenny, if I was your cleaner I'd have to clock out to play with your dogs, I love when you post their pics, so cute they gjve me goosebumps! Don't tell my Westies!!! :shhh:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456612785|3996729 said:

Thanks.

I have no clue where my SO finds their clothes. :lol: :roll:

You need to add a Minnie Pearl price tag to their hats and take a pic for your SO! :lol:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amc80, great decision! You can't do all of that on your own, I am so glad you have an extra set of hands.

We both work long hours and travel for work frequently, leaving us with very little downtime. Therefore, we have outsourced a lot of our chores to free up together-time, which we spend doing things we love and often doing these activities together.

We have a cleaning lady who comes in every week. She also launders towels and bedding every week. We also have a gardener and pool guys. If we had more avenues to easily outsource, we absolutely would.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I wish! I'm jealous! DH stays home with the kids (5yo in kindergarten and 3yo) but doesn't do any of the big stuff. Some days I come home to a sink full of dishes, overflowing trash, yucky toilets, crumbs all over floor, toys everywhere. Other days it's ok. But it's never 100% tidied up. Recently he told me he thought he was trying to do too much. I almost fell over laughing. But, my boys are happy.

One income = no housekeeper.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a housekeeper, cleaners yes.

DK :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have one that comes every other week. She's really nice, and she is kind to my cats, who are our most precious possessions! we even trust her enough to leave the house and have her lock the door when she leaves. She doesn't mind it when the "baby", who is 9 mos now, decides to help :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is such a blessing to have her come clean bc it gives my eczema prone hands a break, and we live in a bigger place now too.
Also, it encourages me to put the clutter away so that she has more surface area to clean :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1456630327|3996831 said:

What's the difference?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I'm out of the house from 10-13 hours a day for work, then come back home to work on reports. I don't have time to do the nitty gritty upkeep for floors or scrubbing the shower walls etc. FI cooks and I pay for the housekeepers. I told him if I had to do the cleaning/cooking, I am quitting my job! Ain't no way in hell I'm doing it all! I like relaxing in what little free time I have. Cooking/cleaning is NOT relaxing to me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1456634055|3996843 said:
Yes. I'm out of the house from 10-13 hours a day for work ... I don't have time to do the nitty gritty upkeep for floors or scrubbing the shower walls etc.

This.
We both work long, long hours, and our options right now are to either pay for help or live with the cleaning just flat out not getting done, because other things take priority in what little time we have left.
And living with it not getting done is not an option.

Our housekeeper is wonderful. She does a marvellous job, is completely trustworthy, and is happy to have the income.

amc - good for you for getting help when you need it! I hope your new housekeeper works out!! :bigsmile: regarding safety of your belongings... Knowing your DH is in LE is probably a pretty darn good deterrent ::)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
No housekeeper. DH & I share the chores to keep things clean and running smoothly. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we have cleaning people who come in about twice a month. We are not super picky about cleaning because as Kristie wrote if you are super picky it is hard finding someone to live up to those cleaning standards. It is mainly because of my dh we have cleaning people because I hate the intrusion but it does force me to keep the home organized knowing they will be coming soon. I always make sure everything is cleared away and in its place before they come so they don't have to clean around my stuff. It helps keep me honest re keeping everything organized.

However we do our laundry and the changing of our bed linens. I just don't love the idea of cleaning people handling our bed linens and towels and stuff.

For the most part I trust our cleaners but don't leave valuables around just because there is no reason to.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1456633149|3996840 said:
dk168|1456630327|3996831 said:

What's the difference?

I envisage a housekeeper to do a lot more than just cleaning, like shopping, laundry/ironing, fetching, pet-sitting/walking etc. etc...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results