shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a favourite metal colour for your jewellery?

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets. What colour metal are they? Has your preference changed over time?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I used to be all about white metals and white gold. Now I love yellow gold. I think sometimes I do miss how sparkly things are in white gold but there's something about the warmth of yellow gold!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear white metals as yellow or rose golds do not suit my skin tone.

I had a ring made with a RG bezel for an ocean blue OEC Zircon recently, and I like it, as it brings out the blue in the stone.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White metals (platinum, white gold) are my favorite but since I collect antique jewelry many of my things are also in yellow gold and over the years I have grown fond of all the colors. But I feel white metals look best on me.

Either white or yellow gold. White gold is my preference, but I have some things in YG that I really like, like my traditional Indian jewelry. I have very few RG pieces because as a rule RG doesn’t suit my skin tone very well. Nothing in platinum or silver (except some fashion jewelry stuff in Sterling).

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Many years ago I wore only yellow gold as that was the fashion at the time. Then I inherited my Mother's diamond ring in Platinum. Gradually I sold off my yellow gold & started to buy platinum & wore only white metal. Then I bought a two tone Rolex & wore it with my white gold tennis bracelet & some turquoise & yellow gold earrings & a pendant.I also chose yellow gold clasps for my Hanadama pearl necklace & bracelet I like the pop of gold so I've just bought a yellow gold & moissy bangle from Golden Bird jewels on Etsy. I can't wait to get it! IMG_3240.JPG

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all three. I tend to wear white or yellow metal the most, but I do like rose and have a few pieces. I feel like I wear more yellow metal in the summer and more white in the winter as my skin color gets a bit more golden in the summer from being outdoors.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All yellow gold, at least 14 kt or I get a rash. White gold gives me a rash and doesn’t look good on my skin. It makes my skin look green toned.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like mixed white metal/yellow gold. My watch is 2 tone, one of my main rings is 2 tone. The rest are in white gold. I'm thinking'
about an upgrade and I'm thinking yellow gold shank with white metal head.

Edit...haven't gotten into rose gold because it just doesn't look that good on me and I'm not sure if I want to throw one more
metal into the mix.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love them all! But I prefer white metals for diamonds and then I love yellow gold for pieces without stones like chunky chains and earrings. I also love yellow for green stones like emeralds.

18k yellow gold, although it doesn’t suit my coloring at all (Irish as Paddy’s pig). The heart wants what the heart wants.

All of my fine jewelry is in yellow gold, with the exception of an antique channel set diamond and sapphire eternity band, which is in platinum. My engagement ring will also be in platinum, which I hope I don’t regret. I seriously considered 18k YG, as I really dislike the patina on my eternity. Ultimately went with Pt950/Ru only because the center EC has a fair bit of leakage at the windmills and I don’t care for the white prongs/head + yellow shank look.

I usually don’t gravitate towards rose gold, but I really like the color of Bulgari’s alloy. It’s quite peachy.

5258632E-4D50-442F-978B-1499CC072EF9.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a long time I wore yellow gold.
About 15 years ago, I found myself wearing white gold, nearly exclusively.
About a year ago, I realized I was wearing all my yellow gold again.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White, with the exception of a few pink stones in rose gold.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
While I love them all, I primarily wear yellow gold. I love the warmth of yg but mix frequently.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the look of white metals but most of my jewelry is yg … I love mixing them up! one of my favorite pieces is a rolling ring with one ring each in unplated white, yellow, green, rose gold and silver :)

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have yellow and platinum. Over the past 3 years, I’ve been adding more platinum and prefer it….for now

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t look good in white gold or platinum. My skin is too olive / yellow. White metals make my skin look a nasty puke color. So I stick with rose and yellow gold :) I might start wearing more white metal, but I have to get used to it first.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear both white metals and yellow gold. I stay away from rose gold as it seems to blend into my skin tone.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference is white gold and 18kt+ yellow gold.

Rose gold also blends into my skin tone but have used it on rare occadipn I want the focus to be on colored stone combinations and not the setting (like this ring) 499892

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I wear two tones - white & yellow. My watch is two toned.
I like white golf around diamonds but I prefer a yellow gold band. I don’t like yellow gold prongs on a setting with a diamond.
25 years ago it was only yellow gold.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
yellow
yellow
yellow
the colour gold should be !

i have grown to like rose gold and would like more pieces

i also like silver

i do have some white gold, so far the rhodium plating doesn't need redone but its not my prefered option

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold!

I used to only wear yellow gold, but often wished my collection was rose gold. I never bought any rose gold when I had all of my yellow stuff, thinking it may have been a passing phase. I needed a plain, cheap band to wear to work, and decided to get a rose gold one, just for fun. I ended up wearing it stacked with my diamond full eternity, far more often than I wore my wedding set! I ended up resetting my e-ring into rose gold, selling all of my yellow gold (I had WAY too much), and putting together a much smaller, 'capsule' collection in all rose gold. That said, I prefer all baskets and prongs on all of my pieces in white gold, so my 3 prong tennis bracelet and shared prong eternity are white gold, and the prongs/baskets on my e-ring and emerald cut RHR are all white gold, but with rose gold bands/shanks. Everything else is rose. 28548357_10156077229654687_1580850295_o.jpg 20200404_220209.jpg 38509658_646055375767813_3377297337926811648_n.jpg 38515450_2185920028308962_670191361202323456_n.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies everyone, also for the pictures. There does seem to be trends in metal choice, yellow gold can fall out of favour in preference for white metals but then make a come back. Skin tone and simply a personal preference for one or another also seems to play a role. I rather envy people who have a clear preference for a particular metal colour as it would make for an easy choice.

Dandi I just love your collection and it works so well with the rose gold as the contrasting colour.

These days when I go for a white metal choice I reach for my sapphire, for that splash of colour, over a diamond.

I actually love the way rose gold blends into my skin tone and love the bounce of a deep blue sapphire against the rose.

I’ve gone back to yellow gold for my diamond ring. I’ve recently had my AVR set into a three stone and I’m loving it with my original plain yellow gold wedding band.

Ring_1.jpg Ring_3B.jpg Ring_3.jpg Ring_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results