shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a car in mind after your current one dies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one in mind but probably won''t get it for another few years, I want to get some good mileage on my subaru or see if it will last until my first one turns 16 so both the car and her will be the same age. But everytime I have a vehicle in mind the body style changes and so it makes me rethink. So what''s your next car?
Mine will be a family/dream/boat hauling seven seating Sequoia.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I drive cars until they die, literally. My last car was a Cavalier and I didn''t purchase a new car until my poor Cavi left me stranded in the middle of the highway.

My corolla will be my car for many, many years. But after it passes, my next will be a Lexus (here''s hoping Lexus survives the next 8 to 10 years
drinkingbuddies.gif
)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hold onto my cars *forever*, so I can''t imagine what my next one would be. In fact, my last car went to my husband for 3 years, and is now going to my daughter. I don''t even let them out of the family apparently. LOL. I''m happy with my Rav4 and Toyota in general, so I''d probably go that way again. We have harsh winters so I would get another SUV with 4WD, otherwise I just don''t feel safe driving in winter.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I have bad luck with cars. Every car I''ve ever owned has been at least 10 years old and a piece of junk. I sold my last piece of junk and now drive DH''s old car (he got a truck), yet this think is definitely on its last leg as well. He bought it used and it had been in an accident in the past so the airbags don''t work. DH works with cars so he swears that it''s safe, but I still get nervous in it. Once he''s done paying off his truck we''ll be updating my vehicle. Probably a Nissan Murano, a Toyota Rav 4 or a Honda CR-V. Used, of course.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 12:26:34 PM
Author:D&T
I have one in mind but probably won''t get it for another few years, I want to get some good mileage on my subaru
My current car is a Subaru, as well, and I do plan to drive it as long as possible. It''s very important for me to have a reliable vehicle (which mine still is) and when the time comes to move on, I have NO idea which kind of car will be next because I''ve not done any research lately. When my boys grow taller, most likely, I''ll pick a larger vehicle.

Expensive cars are not a priority to me and I never buy new ones. My Subaru was a year (or two?) old when I purchased it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re looking at getting a second car (or perhaps replacing our corolla) and want to get an ''05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I have a Focus that I plan on driving into the ground, or selling if I leave the country. Since it''s an ''07, it has a lot of life left in it. I dream about some other cars sometimes, but I don''t want to have to make car payments, and I love my little car, so we''re going to be sticking together for a while.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I currently drive a Toyota Avalon that just won''t die! I have been visiting dealerships in my area and eyeing the Nissan Murano. I want one with heated seats.... I like my buns all warm and toasty in the winter. The salespeople said they are fighting to see which one of them will buy my Avalon when I trade it in.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I posted in the "Brand Loyalty" thread that I'm thinking of a Mini Cooper for my next purchase, but the lack of reliability scares me a lot. Currently I have a 9 year old Civic that I love with 115,000 miles on it. I've driven all of my past cars until they died (well, they were 10 years old when I got them ... so I only had them a few years) and I plan to do the same with this one. When it's 11 or so I'll start looking at new cars, but I'll hold off until it really dies or the repairs far out weigh the value of the car. Right now it's only worth $4500, so a bunch of body work would put it over the edge (unless insurance was willing to cover it). I hope it hangs on to at least 200k miles!

I do kind of want something a bit nicer for my next car, because it will be the first one I purchase myself that's new. I wish they made Civics with more luxury options, because I'd be willing to pay for the extras. Accords are awesome, but a bit too big for me as I loooove driving small cars. I wanted the Mini because they get great gas mileage, are small, handle really well, and have some luxury features but many things about them make me nervous. I hope Honda updates their Civic body style and makes them a little more high class and I'd snatch one up in a second. It bothers me that to buy a "nice" car, you also have to get one with terrible gas mileage and a huge engine. I want a nice interior and exterior on a car that gets 35-40mpg
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 2:10:14 PM
Author: elrohwen
I posted in the ''Brand Loyalty'' thread that I''m thinking of a Mini Cooper for my next purchase, but the lack of reliability scares me a lot. Currently I have a 9 year old Civic that I love with 115,000 miles on it. I''ve driven all of my past cars until they died (well, they were 10 years old when I got them ... so I only had them a few years) and I plan to do the same with this one. When it''s 11 or so I''ll start looking at new cars, but I''ll hold off until it really dies or the repairs far out weigh the value of the car. Right now it''s only worth $4500, so a bunch of body work would put it over the edge (unless insurance was willing to cover it). I hope it hangs on to at least 200k miles!

I do kind of want something a bit nicer for my next car, because it will be the first one I purchase myself that''s new. I wish they made Civics with more luxury options, because I''d be willing to pay for the extras. Accords are awesome, but a bit too big for me as I loooove driving small cars. I wanted the Mini because they get great gas mileage, are small, handle really well, and have some luxury features but many things about them make me nervous. I hope Honda updates their Civic body style and makes them a little more high class and I''d snatch one up in a second. It bothers me that to buy a ''nice'' car, you also have to get one with terrible gas mileage and a huge engine. I want a nice interior and exterior on a car that gets 35-40mpg
5.gif
how bout a lexus IS 300? those are smaller and definitely luxurious
31.gif

I know what you mean.. the sequoia I want is going to be a gas guzzler.. unless they come out with a hyrbrid ...I''m hoping they come out with something like that for when I''m ready

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This car I have now has been with me the longest. five years. Here's hoping to another five - ten years.

And you forever gals with your cars... I love it, I hope I can last with mine until it dies too, but it doesn't stop me from yearning for that Sequoia though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are thinking of getting a classic old sports car which will remain with us always and I don''t plan on selling my existing car either, I love her!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 3:46:34 PM
Author: Lorelei
We are thinking of getting a classic old sports car which will remain with us always and I don''t plan on selling my existing car either, I love her!
what kind?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 12:29:09 PM
Author: fiery
I drive cars until they die, literally. My last car was a Cavalier and I didn''t purchase a new car until my poor Cavi left me stranded in the middle of the highway.

My corolla will be my car for many, many years. But after it passes, my next will be a Lexus (here''s hoping Lexus survives the next 8 to 10 years
drinkingbuddies.gif
)
my very first car was a corolla - loved it, would have kept it forever, until I totalled it on campus!
39.gif
when I was 18

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I drove my first vehicle for 8 years, I''m working on 9 years with my current vehicle (both Ford Rangers). I have always wanted a Volvo, but I don''t love them as much since they were purchased by Ford. I love the Saab SUV, I love Subaru Outbacks, I love the Buick Enclave, I love VW Passats. So I have a few cars in mind. The time for a new car for me will be sooner rather than later, but it could be another year from now; my truck is holding up quite nicely, but it''s time for me to drive an adult car.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 12:31:49 PM
Author: lyra
I hold onto my cars *forever*, so I can''t imagine what my next one would be. In fact, my last car went to my husband for 3 years, and is now going to my daughter. I don''t even let them out of the family apparently. LOL. I''m happy with my Rav4 and Toyota in general, so I''d probably go that way again. We have harsh winters so I would get another SUV with 4WD, otherwise I just don''t feel safe driving in winter.
Growing up we had a toyota truck. Lasted forever!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 12:34:54 PM
Author: luckystar112
I have bad luck with cars. Every car I''ve ever owned has been at least 10 years old and a piece of junk. I sold my last piece of junk and now drive DH''s old car (he got a truck), yet this think is definitely on its last leg as well. He bought it used and it had been in an accident in the past so the airbags don''t work. DH works with cars so he swears that it''s safe, but I still get nervous in it. Once he''s done paying off his truck we''ll be updating my vehicle. Probably a Nissan Murano, a Toyota Rav 4 or a Honda CR-V. Used, of course.
aaaahhh To have a hubby who knows how to fix cars!
30.gif
We''ve had Nissan, Toyota and Hondas love them all! I can''t pick between them, just depends on the look of them I guess when its time to buy.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 1:12:44 PM
Author: MC

Date: 6/25/2009 12:26:34 PM
Author:D&T
I have one in mind but probably won''t get it for another few years, I want to get some good mileage on my subaru
My current car is a Subaru, as well, and I do plan to drive it as long as possible. It''s very important for me to have a reliable vehicle (which mine still is) and when the time comes to move on, I have NO idea which kind of car will be next because I''ve not done any research lately. When my boys grow taller, most likely, I''ll pick a larger vehicle.

Expensive cars are not a priority to me and I never buy new ones. My Subaru was a year (or two?) old when I purchased it.
yep love my suby - Forester! nothing special with this one. just stock stuff and its the car that I had the longest, doesn''t have any bells and whistle... lol guess when you got kids to mess up the insides, didn''t really matter much.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 1:15:55 PM
Author: ladypirate
We''re looking at getting a second car (or perhaps replacing our corolla) and want to get an ''05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon.
yep, loved the corolla, and I have a Subaru Forester - contemplated about the Legacy wagon before I bought the forester but my SIL bought one at the same time I bought mine, so I didn''t want to copy her.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 1:58:58 PM
Author: soocool
I currently drive a Toyota Avalon that just won''t die! I have been visiting dealerships in my area and eyeing the Nissan Murano. I want one with heated seats.... I like my buns all warm and toasty in the winter. The salespeople said they are fighting to see which one of them will buy my Avalon when I trade it in.
oooh I love the way those look as well.

I had an Audi A4 with those butt warmers. It made me feel like I peed myself
9.gif
but it sure was nice during the Winter months after a snowstorm and skiing all day.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 6+ years old and still going strong. More importantly, it still makes me smile to slip behind the wheel. I hope to drive it for at least four more years and who knows what I''ll be ready for then, but if I were to get another car right now, I''d get another MINI Cooper!

I posted in the ''Brand Loyalty'' thread that I''m thinking of a Mini Cooper for my next purchase, but the lack of reliability scares me a lot.

elrohwen -- I did have a few minor issues -- a software reflash and some fit-and-finish issues -- that were resolved within the first year. MINI has a three year full repair and maintenance warranty so the shakeout adjustments didn''t cost me anything. It also came with three years of roadside assistance. I''ve never come anywhere close to needing that!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 3:49:10 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I drove my first vehicle for 8 years, I''m working on 9 years with my current vehicle (both Ford Rangers). I have always wanted a Volvo, but I don''t love them as much since they were purchased by Ford. I love the Saab SUV, I love Subaru Outbacks, I love the Buick Enclave, I love VW Passats. So I have a few cars in mind. The time for a new car for me will be sooner rather than later, but it could be another year from now; my truck is holding up quite nicely, but it''s time for me to drive an adult car.
ooohh the VOLVO xc90-- love love love.. then I love the BMW X5 too! never test drove one though.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 1:58:58 PM
Author: soocool
I currently drive a Toyota Avalon that just won''t die!
hahahaha stupid toyotas
38.gif
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 3:57:22 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Mine is 6+ years old and still going strong. More importantly, it still makes me smile to slip behind the wheel. I hope to drive it for at least four more years and who knows what I''ll be ready for then, but if I were to get another car right now, I''d get another MINI Cooper!

I posted in the ''Brand Loyalty'' thread that I''m thinking of a Mini Cooper for my next purchase, but the lack of reliability scares me a lot.

elrohwen -- I did have a few minor issues -- a software reflash and some fit-and-finish issues -- that were resolved within the first year. MINI has a three year full repair and maintenance warranty so the shakeout adjustments didn''t cost me anything. It also came with three years of roadside assistance. I''ve never come anywhere close to needing that!
I love the warranty that you get with many new vehicles, my audi had this but when the warranty expires!
39.gif
boy was it costly to maintain... ended up trading it in and downsized quite a bit to a civic.. yep I kinda went backwards when I thought I was going to join the militairy instead.. lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 3:47:08 PM
Author: D&T

what kind?
Triumph Stag, I had one years ago but at the time didn''t have a secure place to keep it so we will be looking for one soon which we will keep. They are around 30 or 40 years old so we will just keep it as a pampered fun car.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 series BMW.

my current car is 16 year old Toyota Camry, 110,000 miles

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 4:08:19 PM

what kind?
Triumph Stag, I had one years ago but at the time didn''t have a secure place to keep it so we will be looking for one soon which we will keep. They are around 30 or 40 years old so we will just keep it as a pampered fun car.
classic... What color? are you from the UK? they seem to be quite popular in the UK no? have you been on Vast.com? lots of them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 4:11:47 PM
classic... What color? are
Date: 6/25/2009 4:08:19 PM

what kind?
you from the UK? they seem to be quite popular in the UK no? have you been on Vast.com? lots of them.
Yes I am. They are popular but very costly to buy and maintain, can be a real PITA and have lots of little issues, so they are a car you have to love and not really suitable as a daily run around.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 4:10:09 PM
Author: JulieN
3 series BMW.

my current car is 16 year old Toyota Camry, 110,000 miles
one day I will get a BMW... in this lifetime,

I love so many cars.... oh why can''t I have one of each
39.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
we have dogs, so we need a car with storage in the back. currently i drive a Volvo AWD XC70, and i love it. in about 2 years we plan to trade it in on an XC90.

all my cars are navy blue. no matter which make or model, i do navy blue. i like it - i think it's understated and non-faddish. current volvo is navy blue, next volvo will be the same. previous alfa navy blue, nissan navy blue, eunos navy blue, mitsubishi navy blue, mazda navy blue...you get the picture. i once had a white ford - it didn't last.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results