shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you find this Onion video funny?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Do I find it funny haha? No.

But I think it proves its point. The rapist Brock Turner is an awful person and his family and friends sure have tried to make it seem like he is the victim. He disgusts me. His father disgusts me. His friends disgust me.

They way he has "dedicated his time" to speaking against drinking and promiscuity infuriates me. The problem isn't drinking or consensual sex. The problem is RAPE. The way they have tried to blame the victim for drinking too much is awful. Brock Turner is scum. I hope he suffers more and far longer than he made his victim suffer (hope she can find peace)

I can't even find the words to show my outrage. The whole thing is mindblowing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1465335078|4041338 said:
Do I find it funny haha? No.

But I think it proves its point. The rapist Brock Turner is an awful person and his family and friends sure have tried to make it seem like he is the victim. He disgusts me. His father disgusts me. His friends disgust me.

They way he has "dedicated his time" to speaking against drinking and promiscuity infuriates me. The problem isn't drinking or consensual sex. The problem is RAPE. The way they have tried to blame the victim for drinking too much is awful. Brock Turner is scum. I hope he suffers more and far longer than he made his victim suffer (hope she can find peace)

I can't even find the words to show my outrage. The whole thing is mindblowing.

Yes, of course this is a spoof of the Turner story. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/06/a-steep-price-to-pay-for-20-minutes-of-action-dad-defends-stanford-sex-offender/

After the lenient sentence Brock Turner's dad famously stated, ‘A steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action’. :knockout:

"Brock Turner was convicted in March of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman at a fraternity party in January 2015 at the elite university. He faced up to 14 years in prison. Prosecutors asked for six.

Instead, Turner received only six months in jail and three years of probation after a judge worried that a stiffer sentence would have a “severe impact” on the 20-year-old."

Surely, we must never 'severely impact" a 20-year old man.

Imagine if someone called a murder's punishment was, "A steep price to pay for one second of gun violence."

So I get that Onion is spoofing this.
But, still, in sports bars and locker rooms this Onion video will be shared and will be met with high-fives.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pointing out that athletes, especially white, male ones, are considered more important than females. ANY females. It isn't supposed to be funny. But you're right, Kenny, some sick misogynistic *******s who consider women inferior will find it hilarious. Most everyone else will shake their heads and forget all about this, and everything will go back to the way it was, and women will keep getting blamed for every sexual assault by almost everyone because did you know some women LIE about abuse and rape? :rolleyes:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was hilarious. But not like in a haha LOL way. But amused by it.

But that's because every second of that video I felt very clearly that they were trying to show how RIDICULOUS it is that the focus is often on feeling bad for the player. I also thought the main actor purposely had a slight smirk on his face as if further trying to convey that.

(I also did not know about Brock Tuner. I'll read up on that.)

But yes - if someone is truly ignorant and they feel this video is like seriously saying that this is the way it should be...they have bigger problems and are probably too far gone anyway. :cry:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Typically, I find the Onion to be amusing, but no, I didn't find it funny. I get it, but don't care for it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1465339774|4041371 said:
I thought it was hilarious. But not like in a haha LOL way. But amused by it.

But that's because every second of that video I felt very clearly that they were trying to show how RIDICULOUS it is that the focus is often on feeling bad for the player. I also thought the main actor purposely had a slight smirk on his face as if further trying to convey that.

(I also did not know about Brock Tuner. I'll read up on that.)

But yes - if someone is truly ignorant and they feel this video is like seriously saying that this is the way it should be...they have bigger problems and are probably too far gone anyway. :cry:

Brace yourself CJ. Brock Turner and his father are scum of the earth. The apple sure didn't fall far from the tree. Read the letter his father wrote to the judge and then read the letter written by the rape victim. There are no words for how upsetting this is.
The message his prison sentence sends to young women is disgusting. There is a petition out asking for signatures to remove the judge. I hope it works. This judge clearly doesn't value women.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1465346690|4041427 said:
Brock Turner and his father are scum of the earth.

Just a single word says so much.

Dad used the word, "action" ... " ... 20 minutes of action ..."

Action! :knockout: ... as if women are nothing more than video games to use.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
kenny said:
Onion is a humor site, but I do not find this in any way funny.
Actually, I'm very surprised they published this.

http://www.theonion.com/video/college-basketball-star-heroically-overcomes-tragi-19097

I have been raped. I found it painfully true and funny because it's ironic. I've been feeling kind of weird lately because all these rape stories are bringing back memories of my own rape (it was date rape. I wasn't drunk or unconscious or anything but I said no but he made threats to me).

The video wasn't offensive but it shows that the rapist had remorse. None of these rapists seem to show remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results