shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you feel comfortable sleeping on filthy hotel beds?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire DF, is your sugar baby trying to weasel out of her end of the deal by telling you she thinks hotels are too dirty? :lol-2:

We only stay at Marriott properties, and I have never noticed a difference in cleanliness between a Courtyard and a Ritz Carlton. The most questionable place I've ever stayed was a Travelodge in Salt Lake City. My employer at the time was in charge of the accomodations...:roll2: Let's just say I brought plastic bags to wrap my stuff in while I was there and when I got home everything went through the washer and dryer on high heat. I slept fine at night. Even met up with a PSr while I was on that trip, come to think of it!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am planning to have a custom-build camper van for next year. It will be my home from home when I go to work away from base as well as when I go on holidays in UK and Europe.

Not quite as big as yours though.

DK :))

This one is too big. I admit it.

Yours sounds awesome. I can’t wait to see it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stayed in a low budget chain hotel in France once, made the mistake of pulling the bed sheet off and saw the stains on the mattress. :eek2:
That was the last time I stayed with that chain, and decided to go one grade up which is still classed as budget hotels but nicer.

DK :))
maps of Italy
gross me out

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hubby always brings our own sheets to cover the hotel’s bed. He changes the whole bedding and I bring my own pillow for comfort. I can’t sleep if not on my own bed.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp, DH decided on a whim (with my approval) to trade that one in for a new toy hauler.

So now we have this one, not this exact one and not from this dealer— and ours has a king bed! :appl:

You can FF through it. OOPS, ours is a 2020 but it’s basically the same.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here. 2020 model, the same really

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't. I always check the beds before I get in them. Ironically we are in a ARBNB right now and I washed all the glasses, cups, plates and silverware yesterday. This morning I washed all the sheets and towels. They didn't have a dishrag or scrub brush for dishes - only a sponge by the sink - um no way in heck am I touching that. :D I sent my DH with a list to the store this morning. Poor guy had to take the ceiling light / fans apart because the chain you use to change speeds on the fan was under the light fixture - not a very useful place to get to at all. It's only 105 here today.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Here. 2020 model, the same really

My husband and I want a toy hauler! We have a big 5th wheel right now but were not ready for the extra money for a toy hauler. We want it because we travel with 5 dogs and it would be SO NICE for them (and my sanity).
Lucky lady!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I want a toy hauler! We have a big 5th wheel right now but were not ready for the extra money for a toy hauler. We want it because we travel with 5 dogs and it would be SO NICE for them (and my sanity).
Lucky lady!
Yes, we put the dogs in the garage!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG we are at an Airbnb right now and the pillows smell N-A-S-T-Y. Like people's sweaty GREAZY heads. :sick: They didn't provide any extra pillows or linens/towels, otherwise I would've devised a makeshift pillow with folded up towels. I've been sleeping without a pillow and my neck is killing me.

Lesson learned: I'm going to buy a small travel pillow to bring to Airbnbs from now on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG we are at an Airbnb right now and the pillows smell N-A-S-T-Y. Like people's sweaty GREAZY heads. :sick: They didn't provide any extra pillows or linens/towels, otherwise I would've devised a makeshift pillow with folded up towels. I've been sleeping without a pillow and my neck is killing me.

Lesson learned: I'm going to buy a small travel pillow to bring to Airbnbs from now on.

Ugh, so sorry Kristy.:knockout: Is there anyway you can move to another place to sleep tonight? I would say buy linens and pillows and sheets etc but can you launder them before bed? All new linens/towels still need to be washed before using due to chemicals on them from the factory which I am sure you know. Maybe buy a sleeping bag?

I am sorry you are in this situation and I hope you find a satisfactory solution.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry Kristy.:knockout: Is there anyway you can move to another place to sleep tonight? I would say buy linens and pillows and sheets etc but can you launder them before bed? All new linens/towels still need to be washed before using due to chemicals on them from the factory which I am sure you know. Maybe buy a sleeping bag?

I am sorry you are in this situation and I hope you find a satisfactory solution.
We asked for fresh pillows and got them! These do not smell like gross sweaty heads, woohoo!!! Thanks so much for the empathy, Missy!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby always brings our own sheets to cover the hotel’s bed. He changes the whole bedding and I bring my own pillow for comfort. I can’t sleep if not on my own bed.

I am so curious as to how this works. If you stay more than one night or want your linens changed, do you bring back up linens? Or do you just sleep on the mattress/mattress cover with your own sheets over it for several days and that feels clean?

Once during a round of “let’s have a nice Cabernet delivered to the room,” there was a subsequent spill on the white duvet and we were super worried (overly so due to the wine, ha) and reported it to the concierge right away. They sent someone up who told us we wouldn’t believe the treatments they put the linens through to make sure they were clean. That, along with the strong scent of bleach that is ubiquitous in all Marriott properties, leads me to think that the linens are pretttttty darn clean.

What about towels? Do you bring your own? My mother always brought her own. But she also compulsively bleaches absolutely everything and if an egg has sat out for more than 3 seconds it goes straight to the garbage.

I am fascinated by this hotel cleanliness thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I have always thought they were gross.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been traveling a lot so I have a particular hotel that I'm loving (the room size is 650sqft, full kitchen, more like small condo than a hotel room) So far they have been able to accommodate and put me in the same room during my stays...lol yes I'm freaky like that! Thankfully this one has a lovely kitchen and a Trader Joes nearby But I do travel with a cleaning kit because its essential.

First thing I do is clean the bathroom. Yeah no one care, still do it.

Lysol spray, wipes, and gloves. I don't carry a pillow, I do like this hotel's pillows, but I do have my own pillow cases and protectors. I also carry a large ziploc space bag to house all of it when my trip is over so it doesn't mix with everything else in my suitcase.

When I get home I keep the suitcase outside and give it a spray (sure do!) then let it bake in the sun

Also because I'm often going from Airport straight into a meeting, I've gotten very good at cleaning my seats on the plane. They are very unclean and I don't want to end up with a cold or lord forbid, poo or vomit on me. I've seen more than one instance where a seat was not as clean as it should be (or the tray table), and had to have the flight crew remove a forgotten bag of "stuff" from the seat backs.

When at all possible I will purchase 2 seats together not because I'm fat, but because people can be straight up nasty. I learned my lesson when the person on the aisle side of me started to pick his nose and eat it. I wanted to throw up.:sick:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been traveling a lot so I have a particular hotel that I'm loving (the room size is 650sqft, full kitchen, more like small condo than a hotel room) So far they have been able to accommodate and put me in the same room during my stays...lol yes I'm freaky like that! Thankfully this one has a lovely kitchen and a Trader Joes nearby But I do travel with a cleaning kit because its essential.

First thing I do is clean the bathroom. Yeah no one care, still do it.

Lysol spray, wipes, and gloves. I don't carry a pillow, I do like this hotel's pillows, but I do have my own pillow cases and protectors. I also carry a large ziploc space bag to house all of it when my trip is over so it doesn't mix with everything else in my suitcase.

When I get home I keep the suitcase outside and give it a spray (sure do!) then let it bake in the sun

Also because I'm often going from Airport straight into a meeting, I've gotten very good at cleaning my seats on the plane. They are very unclean and I don't want to end up with a cold or lord forbid, poo or vomit on me. I've seen more than one instance where a seat was not as clean as it should be (or the tray table), and had to have the flight crew remove a forgotten bag of "stuff" from the seat backs.

When at all possible I will purchase 2 seats together not because I'm fat, but because people can be straight up nasty. I learned my lesson when the person on the aisle side of me started to pick his nose and eat it. I wanted to throw up.:sick:

Yeah, I am nodding my head reading your entire post. And I am not even a neatnick or germaphobe. LOL just ask my dh. But yeah traveling and flying and staying in certain places makes my skin crawl at the thought of all the yucky things we can be picking up. I like your system @Arcadian. I just don't think I have enough energy to clean the hotel bathroom so I will be staying put. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am not really a real germaphobe either and when I didn't travel so much I didn't think a lot about it. Now though? There's things you can never unsee!! :shock: The more you travel the more you see how foul humans really are. I swear I wish I could just wrap myself in plastic when not in my own vehicle...:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results