shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC I have to say - cool pin. It does look like some secret society pin. You got pinned!

I think it''s highly unlikely I would be recognized outside PS, vast majority of people I know are not into jewelry/gemstones as I am (doubtful they are reading here) and my pieces of jewelry are not especially large/identifiable.

But if I saw someone wearing for example a large concave cut spessertite ring I might go hmmm....

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I found out that I knew another PS''er when she posted a photo of herself and her DH that was taken at *my* brother''s wedding to *her* good friend! I hesitated at first to out myself, because we''d only met once at that wedding, but it worked out well. I suppose it could have been awkward if I didn''t like my new SIL and had been complaining on here about her
32.gif
, but that''s not the case. Also, I don''t tend to use this site for venting anyway, so I''m not particularly worried about anyone finding it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
nope. Most people I know have no clue about diamonds and have no idea about online diamonds. Many don''t care enough to find out. And a vast majority don''t understand computers enough to find out. I generally only post things that are already known to my friends and family anyways so meh.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Funny you should ask this question now. Just last week, I made the connection between a PS member and someone in my family. The person has been very discreet, and there is absolutely no way to know who she is by her posts, but I figured it out from pictures she posted.

I don''t know the member, my brother is friends with her parents (I''m old!). I met her when she was a baby, but haven''t seen her since. I''m afraid of saying anything for fear of creeping her out.

I may see her at an event this fall. I was wondering if I should out myself on here, or really freak her out by addressing her by her screen name when I see her!

Honestly, the whole thing gets a little creepy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC -- I''d recognize the pin, and know what it meant.

As to the question of regular posters... absolutely not. I LOVE meeting PSers. In fact the last three weekends in a row I met up with at least one PSer. Three whom I''ve never met before. It''s great fun.

As to lurkers. Wouldn''t mind unless it was creepy or something. But then... a regular poster could be creepy (and yes, I''m thinking of YOU DF, I bet you''ve got some creep going on). I guess I think that most lurkers are just too shy to post, and if they decided to introduce themselves IRL... then maybe they''ll start posting and become regulars too.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 8:45:15 PM
Author: Anastasia
Funny you should ask this question now. Just last week, I made the connection between a PS member and someone in my family. The person has been very discreet, and there is absolutely no way to know who she is by her posts, but I figured it out from pictures she posted.

I don''t know the member, my brother is friends with her parents (I''m old!). I met her when she was a baby, but haven''t seen her since. I''m afraid of saying anything for fear of creeping her out.

I may see her at an event this fall. I was wondering if I should out myself on here, or really freak her out by addressing her by her screen name when I see her!

Honestly, the whole thing gets a little creepy!
This is actually what brought the question on.. I thought that a friend''s BF was posting here in RT and thought it would be funny if i addressed him by his screen name or just mentioned PS. I''m pretty certain the poster isn''t him though so i didn''t get to test it out.

That story is a bit creepy though especially since you haven''t seen the girl for so long. I vote you out her and see what her reaction would be
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 9:00:05 PM
Author: Gypsy
MC -- I''d recognize the pin, and know what it meant.

As to the question of regular posters... absolutely not. I LOVE meeting PSers. In fact the last three weekends in a row I met up with at least one PSer. Three whom I''ve never met before. It''s great fun.

As to lurkers. Wouldn''t mind unless it was creepy or something. But then... a regular poster could be creepy (and yes, I''m thinking of YOU DF, I bet you''ve got some creep going on). I guess I think that most lurkers are just too shy to post, and if they decided to introduce themselves IRL... then maybe they''ll start posting and become regulars too.
no problem Gypsy...i feel the same about you!!
nuts.gif
lol3.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would recognize me if you knew me in 1961. That is my actual photo in my avetar.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 1:46:25 AM
Author: MC
Here we go. . .the pin that caught another woman''s attention!

I was given years back while I was still going by the screen name ''MichelleCarmen,'' now ''MC.''

I''m not sure how many others received the pin, or moreover, how many recognize it!. . ..

I LOVE THIS PIN! Did PS give those out instead of the 1k gift before? I''d love to get one of those! Then I could take PS with me everywhere
20.gif

I''ve met a few PSers IRL but it was at a WF get together. Although I did see a few ladies bc I work in a restaurant (great place for ring watching btw) and this one lady had a HUGE cushion cut diamond ring. It was beautiful and a 3 stone. I dont think I''ve seen it on here though, but if its "older" than 2 years, well, I probably wouldn''t recognize it. Although I''m dying to see bee''s leon....so we need to set up a lunch bee!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

I surely remember that pin. What a nice idea by L&I, back in the day.

I DO worry a tiny bit that someone may be able to figure out who I am from my rings (though I think most folks pay little attention in real life) or from the info that is out there. But then, I''ve really not said anything that I would care about others seeing anyway.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure that no one I currently know hangs out here, but I wouldn''t be freaked out if I happened to meet a PSer in real life - I think it would be kinda fun! I keep thinking I''m going to be brave and post a pic on that "let''s see the faces..." thread, but I always chicken out. For some reason, I feel weird about that.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock

I was given years back while I was still going by the screen name ''MichelleCarmen,'' now ''MC.''

I''m not sure how many others received the pin, or moreover, how many recognize it!. . ..
It would be awesome if everyone who PS''d wore a pendant or pin like you have. Who knows how many people you pass on the street and live near also go on PS...could be your neighbour for all you know. Could be a bad idea though because of the main subject matter of this site
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results