shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever wonder if stacking...

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. I frequently try to stack my rings and/or layer my bracelets and necklaces, but it never works, and I always end up taking the extra pieces off. I find that my engagement ring looks best with just the matching wedding band and nothing else. Nonetheless, I am sure that I will continue to try to stack all my jewelry forever. Maybe one day I'll find the perfect combination.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of a small stack done well with the right proportions but sadly that will never happen for me. I have issues with fitting my ER and a wedding band. I have practically zero finger real estate.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the others - stacking is a bit of an art form & they need to be matched well in order to look good to my eyes. And if they look tight on people, it makes me twitchy because then they lose their elegance & looked rammed on rather than romantic & wistful.

I also have a huge thing about a simple solitaire on a plain shank with a matching plain wedding ring, even if the diamond is small. It screams married first & foremost, but to take my set as an example, when I wear all 3 together, which is 90% of the time, the pear seems to get lost a little even though the bands were all crafted individually to match dimensions. When I wear the solitaire & plain band without the eternity, the pear pops out, looking cleaner, bigger & gets many compliments on it's size & sparkliness. For this reason, I sometimes wear the eternity on my RH stacked with my plain 18ct yellow gold Lucida band. With time & hands that respond to temperature more extremely as I age, I intend to wear the eternity on the right more & move away from all 3 being together. Don't get me wrong, I wear all 3 every single day as they are my most precious things, but splitting them sometimes works well for the heat, how they feel & how they look.

I also work with a couple of women who wear wedding & engagement together, with eternity bands on the right. It's just a look that appeals to me more with time, even though when I got my eternity there was no question at the time where it should be - with the others. Mr T has stated he doesn't care which hand it goes on, as long as it goes on!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with the others - stacking is a bit of an art form & they need to be matched well in order to look good to my eyes. And if they look tight on people, it makes me twitchy because then they lose their elegance & looked rammed on rather than romantic & wistful.

I also have a huge thing about a simple solitaire on a plain shank with a matching plain wedding ring, even if the diamond is small. It screams married first & foremost, but to take my set as an example, when I wear all 3 together, which is 90% of the time, the pear seems to get lost a little even though the bands were all crafted individually to match dimensions. When I wear the solitaire & plain band without the eternity, the pear pops out, looking cleaner, bigger & gets many compliments on it's size & sparkliness. For this reason, I sometimes wear the eternity on my RH stacked with my plain 18ct yellow gold Lucida band. With time & hands that respond to temperature more extremely as I age, I intend to wear the eternity on the right more & move away from all 3 being together. Don't get me wrong, I wear all 3 every single day as they are my most precious things, but splitting them sometimes works well for the heat, how they feel & how they look.

I also work with a couple of women who wear wedding & engagement together, with eternity bands on the right. It's just a look that appeals to me more with time, even though when I got my eternity there was no question at the time where it should be - with the others. Mr T has stated he doesn't care which hand it goes on, as long as it goes on!

Alex you are so lucky that your eternity band fits on your right hand, especially since that was not your plan in the first place!! My right hand is so much bigger than my left.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the way 2 thin bands look under an engagement ring. Pictures of how to stack rings is what brought me to Pricescope in the first place! However, my husband thinks that stacks throw the proportions off and take away from the engagement ring. He greatly prefers the look of an engagement ring and simple wedding band.

I couldn't edit so I am adding on here. For now, I am planning not to stack, but to keep trying it out occasionally with CZ bands to see how I like the look and feel. The feel is really important to me because I often find that no matter how much I increase the size of the rings, it still feels too uncomfortable on my finger. I think perhaps my finger is not quite as long as I had hoped when I started looking into stacking. That said I am dreaming about a sapphire Riviere band from CVB. Maybe one day...

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alex you are so lucky that your eternity band fits on your right hand, especially since that was not your plan in the first place!! My right hand is so much bigger than my left.

I have this problem, too! It makes it so much harder to be flexible. And like @Alex T, my fingers also respond more to temperature and salt intake and all that the older I get.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't edit so I am adding on here. For now, I am planning not to stack, but to keep trying it out occasionally with CZ bands to see how I like the look and feel. The feel is really important to me because I often find that no matter how much I increase the size of the rings, it still feels too uncomfortable on my finger. I think perhaps my finger is not quite as long as I had hoped when I started looking into stacking. That said I am dreaming about a sapphire Riviere band from CVB. Maybe one day...

Buy the Riviere. A girl can never have too many options!

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
I'm very much like most folks posting here. I think stacking can look absolutely stunning in a small number of circumstances, but the conditions have to be just right - a few dainty and complementary, but not matching, bands that all extend out from the finger by the same height and are paired with a substantial solitaire on a young hand with long elegant slender fingers (and really nice nails).

Basically, in other words, those absolutely perfect photo shoots that we've seen on Pinterest and Instagram that got us all hooked into stacking in the first place!

But in real life, I've only very, very rarely seen that kind of result. Just one of those elements being "off" pretty much ruins it for me, and then it just looks hodge-podge and out of balance, and/or takes away from the e-ring, and/or makes a short, pudgy/puffy finger (like mine) look even shorter and pudgier. I find that, for the overwhelming majority of hands/fingers and rings that I see, I much prefer either an e-ring with just one band, or the e-ring solo and band on the other hand. Especially lately, I've been noticing that so many e-rings have such detailing and/or impact on their own that it's a shame to pair them with even one band. Some of my e-rings are being worn solo now more often than not, and the ones that aren't are only paired with one dainty band. I'm very much like @RunningwithScissors, though, in preferring a minimal aesthetic personally. There are some young slender models with long fingers and long limbs that can have stylists stack rings, bracelets, and necklaces on them for photo shoots and have it be just so perfect, but I almost never see a real-life woman that has it work that way. For me, I'm too old, unfashionable, tomboyish, casual, pudgy, and actively needing to use my hands for any of that, and I look and feel ridiculous, and not "myself," if I try to.

This! That's exactly how I feel.

I think some people can pull it off if the parameters are exactly right. But it's rare.

For myself, when I was married I wore my engagement ring and shaped wedding band on my left hand, and then one ring on my right on either my middle finger or ring finger, or two stacked on my ring finger. When I next get married again I will just wear my engagement ring and wedding band on my left hand. I want an eternity ring at some point, but a larger one, so would wear this on my right hand I think as I don't think it would work with my wedding set.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer to stack three or more thin bands alone but not with my solitaire. I just don’t like the look and it starts to get uncomfortable for me with too many rings stacked.
I prefer my solitaire with just one band usually but I do normally wear a super thin spacer to separate them.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i didn't know stacking rings was a thing until a few years ago. i remember seeing a lady who worked at a jewelry store w/ 4 or so bands on and thinking how odd it looked. i've come around to it depending on the stack & i think it looks better on other people, not me. =)

i still think the trend of dainty/thin/minimal in jewelry is more to do w/ the price of gold so people are stacking to get the presence while still having the trendy items. doesn't work as well with classic pieces or anything that isn't delicate looking imho.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here’s to a simple stack! Would this turn your head? 356C7A1F-3FA2-4441-98CF-9A8E1D495935.png

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So here’s to a simple stack! Would this turn your head? 356C7A1F-3FA2-4441-98CF-9A8E1D495935.png

Yes! I quite like her simple stack. It's very lovely!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love her engagement ring very much. But honestly, I think the yellow gold band doesn't look good next to it. I think they visually fight each other. Perhaps if they were the same color metal it would work better. To each her own.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the two tone but to me a stack is 3+ rings....

It’s one ring stacked on top of on another ring. To me, it’s a simple stack. Lol.

H

Horsegirl76

I love her engagement ring very much. But honestly, I think the yellow gold band doesn't look good next to it. I think they visually fight each other. Perhaps if they were the same color metal it would work better. To each her own.

The yellow gold band is a royal tradition. All the royal women wear a gold band made in Welsh gold regardless of their engagement ring choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results