shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever wonder if stacking...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually detracts from the beauty of your engagement ring? What are your thoughts? I don’t have many examples in real life to actually assess my reaction to stacking even one band vs wearing the engagement ring solo. I have collected a ton of stacking bands only to find that when I’m wearing them, I wonder if I’m really just detracting from the beauty of my ering. Lol. Not a moral dilemma, I know, but thought it would be an interesting topic. Would love to hear from people who wear their ering solo! And why!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way stacked rings look, but to a certain point, yes they can take away from the ER. It all depends on what the ER and stacking rings look like!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way stacked rings look, but to a certain point, yes they can take away from the ER. It all depends on what the ER and stacking rings look like!

Do you see a lot of examples in real life? Are you drawn to them?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I mean yes it can but to me it really depends on what is in the stack. I generally like what most people do with their choices. I don't need everything to be matchy matchy to think a ring stack is pretty. I've seen some ugly stacks too where I think omg i would never ever do that. But luckily it's their finger not mine so they get to put whatever they want on it :D

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I personally don't care for the look of stacks. I don't mind a wedding band next to a solitaire though.

These days I usually only wear my e-ring. When I put on my wedding band I wear it on the opposite hand. I prefer the look of one, powerful ring on a hand and nothing next to it.

My aesthetic gravitates towards minimalism. I don't care for layers of necklaces or bracelets either.

Everyone is different. Do what makes you happy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't have the finger length for stacking so it is not an issue for me. I have seen some beautiful, tasteful stacks that are usually paired with large diamonds so as not to overwhelm. If rings are stacked, I prefer the look of thin bands together.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the way 2 thin bands look under an engagement ring. Pictures of how to stack rings is what brought me to Pricescope in the first place! However, my husband thinks that stacks throw the proportions off and take away from the engagement ring. He greatly prefers the look of an engagement ring and simple wedding band.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think stacking detracts from the ering. It doesn’t mean that it isn’t pretty.
It depends on what look you want to emphasize, lots of rings together or one dominate piece with no distractions. I like the look of stacking bands together without an ering in the mix. It’s fun to have options.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love stacking when done right. I’ve bought and sold a few cute stackers as I never seem to do it myself but love the look on others. The older I get, the more I love the look of one substantial ring (and my preloved looking lately has largely has focused on rings with wide bands).

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I just don't have the finger length for stacking so it is not an issue for me. I have seen some beautiful, tasteful stacks that are usually paired with large diamonds so as not to overwhelm. If rings are stacked, I prefer the look of thin bands together.

Me too, I just dont because my hands are just too small and it looks silly. My 10 yo daughters fingers are already as long as mine!! That being said, I either stack 2 bands, or my ering and a 1 band, thats it. I think detraction (is this a word?) Is based on many different factors, size, style etc.. If done right, no if done wrong, yes!!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm very much like most folks posting here. I think stacking can look absolutely stunning in a small number of circumstances, but the conditions have to be just right - a few dainty and complementary, but not matching, bands that all extend out from the finger by the same height and are paired with a substantial solitaire on a young hand with long elegant slender fingers (and really nice nails).

Basically, in other words, those absolutely perfect photo shoots that we've seen on Pinterest and Instagram that got us all hooked into stacking in the first place!

But in real life, I've only very, very rarely seen that kind of result. Just one of those elements being "off" pretty much ruins it for me, and then it just looks hodge-podge and out of balance, and/or takes away from the e-ring, and/or makes a short, pudgy/puffy finger (like mine) look even shorter and pudgier. I find that, for the overwhelming majority of hands/fingers and rings that I see, I much prefer either an e-ring with just one band, or the e-ring solo and band on the other hand. Especially lately, I've been noticing that so many e-rings have such detailing and/or impact on their own that it's a shame to pair them with even one band. Some of my e-rings are being worn solo now more often than not, and the ones that aren't are only paired with one dainty band. I'm very much like @RunningwithScissors, though, in preferring a minimal aesthetic personally. There are some young slender models with long fingers and long limbs that can have stylists stack rings, bracelets, and necklaces on them for photo shoots and have it be just so perfect, but I almost never see a real-life woman that has it work that way. For me, I'm too old, unfashionable, tomboyish, casual, pudgy, and actively needing to use my hands for any of that, and I look and feel ridiculous, and not "myself," if I try to.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very much like most folks posting here. I think stacking can look absolutely stunning in a small number of circumstances, but the conditions have to be just right - a few dainty and complementary, but not matching, bands that all extend out from the finger by the same height and are paired with a substantial solitaire on a young hand with long elegant slender fingers (and really nice nails).

Basically, in other words, those absolutely perfect photo shoots that we've seen on Pinterest and Instagram that got us all hooked into stacking in the first place!

But in real life, I've only very, very rarely seen that kind of result. Just one of those elements being "off" pretty much ruins it for me, and then it just looks hodge-podge and out of balance, and/or takes away from the e-ring, and/or makes a short, pudgy/puffy finger (like mine) look even shorter and pudgier. I find that, for the overwhelming majority of hands/fingers and rings that I see, I much prefer either an e-ring with just one band, or the e-ring solo and band on the other hand. Especially lately, I've been noticing that so many e-rings have such detailing and/or impact on their own that it's a shame to pair them with even one band. Some of my e-rings are being worn solo now more often than not, and the ones that aren't are only paired with one dainty band. I'm very much like @RunningwithScissors, though, in preferring a minimal aesthetic personally. There are some young slender models with long fingers and long limbs that can have stylists stack rings, bracelets, and necklaces on them for photo shoots and have it be just so perfect, but I almost never see a real-life woman that has it work that way. For me, I'm too old, unfashionable, tomboyish, casual, pudgy, and actively needing to use my hands for any of that, and I look and feel ridiculous, and not "myself," if I try to.
Thank you for putting my thoughts into words! I think I’m ready to quit stacking but I Keep clinging to the idea Bc I love it on others—which might be the result of a quick glance rather than a deep scrutiny—which is what I do to my rings only to wind up dissatisfied. But your post really articulates why i have been feeling so dissatisfied!

I like stacking bands on their own, bands of similar height and aesthetic which I can wear 2-3-4 on one finger. With an e-ring though, I only want to pair a wedding band, and only if the wedding band doesn’t detract from the e-ring. I also wouldn’t pair a wedding band with an e-ring that was anything but a solitaire - If it’s a blingy setting then I wouldn’t even pair a wedding band. I like big blingy eternities, but I wouldn’t wear them on the same finger as an e-ring, I think they compete. I would rather wear the eternity on a different finger along with the e-ring on the ring finger on the same hand. It’s not a fear of bling haha, I like being blinged out. But I don’t like my rings to compete with each other!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of stacking but it doesn't work so well for me because I have pudge pudge fingers. I do appreciate a nice, well balanced stack on others.

Maybe one ring will become a trend like stacking did, if only wearing one ring my personal taste is not wearing a solitaire alone because I don't feel like I look married. It's rather silly, I'm sure nobody is looking anyways :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a little hard to answer because I see so many stacking options on PS that look really lovely. But, for me, I think I prefer the look of just one band. I do kind of feel that more than one band takes away from the main stone. I don't have a lot of space to work with on the finger either. I do admire the look on others.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of stacking but it doesn't work so well for me because I have pudge pudge fingers. I do appreciate a nice, well balanced stack on others.

Maybe one ring will become a trend like stacking did, if only wearing one ring my personal taste is not wearing a solitaire alone because I don't feel like I look married. It's rather silly, I'm sure nobody is looking anyways :D

Ha! You and me both!!! Like. Why is it ingrained in me that I need to wear a band—as if??!! Lol. I have never left my house without wearing a wedding band but I’m going to start!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought stacking was a new thing but after mum's funeral we watched the dvd the funeral director made of our photos and she stacked her rings almost every day !

Im more the ring on every finger type !

but I like a bigger, widder band with finger coverage as i have small but pudgy fingers, apart from needing to get rings sized, i don't let the pudgyness stop me
in fact i think stacking helps disguise the pudginess

But then im not married and have neither an ER of my own (although i do wear my grandma's ER) nor a wedding ring to worry about

But i will say when i wear grandma's ER or my great aunty's ER i do like that to be the star and apart from mum's eternity band i don't like to stack anything else with it

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! You and me both!!! Like. Why is it ingrained in me that I need to wear a band—as if??!! Lol. I have never left my house without wearing a wedding band but I’m going to start!

It’s quite liberating to wear one ring after stacking for so long. I’ve been sticking to one thin French cut band with a sort of substantial ering and it’s so comfy especially in the summer. They spin around and feel all loosey goosey for a change. Try it!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like stacking bands with bands, not my ER.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I always admire how stacking looks on others, especially those with long slender fingers. When I try to imitate I don't really like the look. I just don't have the finger type to stack, I guess. So I like the stand-alone, one piece style the best on me. I hardly ever wear more than two rings, mostly just one. I also started to take off my wedding band form time to time to be able to wear other stand-alone pieces on my left hand ring finger, because it looks best there. For sentimental reasons however, I mostly choose a ring my husband presented me with on that finger, sort of the wedding/engagement ring feeling and the ones I bought myself on the right hand.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It’s quite liberating to wear one ring after stacking for so long. I’ve been sticking to one thin French cut band with a sort of substantial ering and it’s so comfy especially in the summer. They spin around and feel all loosey goosey for a change. Try it!

Oh, would you mind to post a picture of the french cut band? I love french cuts, but never came across one that was nice, my size and affordable... Until then I will just admire others.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got short fat fingers, so stacking isn’t really an option for me. I only wear a 2mm plain plat band with Bella, I tried adding other rings, but they just didn’t seem to go.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love to stack... but end up just with ER and WB.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the finger length but eschew stacking generally.

I prefer, on me, one (two max) band with my ER. Firstly, because it’s a comfort issue. I prefer less over more comfort wise. And secondly, It allows the ER to stand out more imo vs being among many other bands.

However I enjoy and appreciate stacking on others. Very much.

How I don’t wear my rings.

C8EF231E-D4F8-493E-A463-797C2995F145.jpeg

One of my favorite options.

6D0CCD2C-DEF1-4923-B279-1AEF5BC09431.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I’ve got short fat fingers, so stacking isn’t really an option for me. I only wear a 2mm plain plat band with Bella, I tried adding other rings, but they just didn’t seem to go.

Same... I don't like to wear more than one ring at a time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results