shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever feel uncomfortable wearing your bling?

Do you ever feel uncomfortable wearing your bling?

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 25 36.2%

• Total voters

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Do you ever feel uncomfortable wearing your bling? For safety or image reasons?

I often feel uncomfortable wearing mine due to both safety and image, depending on the situation, where I am, and who I'm with. I go between situations where I'm totally comfortable wearing it, to the exact opposite.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If I have anyone over to the house that I don't know - usually that would be a tradesperson or sometimes if I am selling something on facebook marketplace I will either wear nothing at all or just a wedding band. If I'm by myself running errands most places I go I feel safe and I only am out in the daytime. My jewelry is quite large and eye-catching, some of it is real and some of it is not - either way if I don't feel comfortable with the attention it will draw or if I feel uncomfortable at all I will turn my rings into my hand, but that doesn't happen often. I will say socially for some reason I feel uncomfortable wearing large diamond look costume jewelry rings to my husbands work/social functions. It is strange because I do have large genuine pieces but I don't have them in every shape and I'm a equal opportunity diamond lover so I have costume to fill my need of switching things up. Some of my favorite pieces are high quality faux (real gold). I'm quite sure nobody would care but if I were complimented on a faux ring I would feel the need to go - oh thanks, its fake. Otherwise I would worry people would think I was trying to pass it as real OR if they then thought it was real that I was flaunting our wealth. Anybody else, or is that just me?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, moreso when younger and more affected by other people’s opinions of me. I’m old enough now to not give a ####!.
When we travel I don’t take any of my good stuff, just easier that way. And i do have a few Moissanite Rings, I’ve had people ask me if it’s “real”. Of course it’s “real” I reply (well it’s not a figment of their imagination now is it). I think it rude to ask someone if their jewellery is “real”. If someone says “oh, that a beautiful diamond” I will say “actually it’s a lab grown material called Moissanite”.
It’s my engagement ring that more people have told me can’t be real. The diamonds are the wrong shape (emerald cut) and diamonds don’t come that big.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. I wear my 0.40ct princess solitaire daily because I feel uncomfortable wearing anything bigger when I'm just out shopping or picking the kids up at school. I wear my three stone/five stone combination for special occasions. I still haven't worn my 1.66ct halo out in public in my neighborhood. It looks much bigger than I expected. I only wear it when I travel. I think it's a Central American/Caribbean thing, but we always wear the good stuff when we travel.
IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2735.jpg IMG_2781.jpg

Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
There are a couple charities I work with that are hands-on. If it’s hands-on physical or with people seeking assistance I don’t wear anything but my ER pendant and easy earrings.
Almost anywhere else I am very comfortable wearing what I like. It’s generally not too much at once though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. I wear my 0.40ct princess solitaire daily because I feel uncomfortable wearing anything bigger when I'm just out shopping or picking the kids up at school. I wear my three stone/five stone combination for special occasions. I still haven't worn my 1.66ct halo out in public in my neighborhood. It looks much bigger than I expected. I only wear it when I travel. I think it's a Central American/Caribbean thing, but we always wear the good stuff when we travel.
IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2735.jpg IMG_2781.jpg

I love them all :kiss2:
But i kinda feel sorry for the .4 when she gets left at home
Id pop her on my RH if she was mine rather than leave her home

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like clothes and accessories, my jewellery collection can be divided by means of dress codes into casual, smart/business casual and formal.

I don't feel comfortable wearing my 1.19ct EC in a diamond air-gap halo just to go into town for grocery shopping, it is too blingy/showy.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a thought provoking question. On the surface my reaction is of course not. I don’t have to please anyone but myself and my dh. And I always say and believe what other people think of me is none of my business.

However in the past year plus my deeper feelings about this has changed. I feel differently. I was always sensitive to others and wouldn’t wear my ring volunteering etc. but now I feel less free to wear it everywhere else.

Though I’m not going any where these days lol but cycling (I don’t wear bling cycling for comfort and practical reasons) and PT (only wear an Enso band during PT for comfort reasons again) and shopping.

With all that’s going on in the world I am acutely aware of the many struggles people are experiencing. So yeah I don’t wear my ring as often as before but I do wear it for me when I want to do in that way I’m ok with it.

And with all the hand washing etc it’s just easier not to wear it. For the first time ever I leave the house with zero rings including a band. Greg’s ok with that and so am I. These days ease and safety over wearing my beautiful ring.

Of course Greg wears his wedding band. I’m not as evolved as he and I prefer he wears his band. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just another reason I LOVE pricescope. We get to share and enjoy our bling and others bling. I love seeing everyone’s gorgeous pieces. ❤️

Please share the bling in question. We need pics.

78545F65-A2F6-49DB-A3FF-7DE87D804A49.jpeg

A0A8E99C-98D2-42F9-9D79-59799246EA00.jpeg

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I used to worry about it a fair bit when we were younger - wearing jewellery worth tens of thousands of dollars didn’t suit my lifestyle. But now only really think about it when I go to countries like Vanuatu and that’s because it feels like showing off in a very poor country and gives off the impression we are rich which gets you taken advantage of money wise with taxis etc.
I’m a bit paranoid I will lose things if they aren’t on my body. I then forget I’m wearing them until someone compliments it.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
This is a thought provoking question. On the surface my reaction is of course not. I don’t have to please anyone but myself and my dh. And I always say and believe what other people think of me is none of my business.

However in the past year plus my deeper feelings about this has changed. I feel differently. I was always sensitive to others and wouldn’t wear my ring volunteering etc. but now I feel less free to wear it everywhere else.

Though I’m not going any where these days lol but cycling (I don’t wear bling cycling for comfort and practical reasons) and PT (only wear an Enso band during PT for comfort reasons again) and shopping.

With all that’s going on in the world I am acutely aware of the many struggles people are experiencing. So yeah I don’t wear my ring as often as before but I do wear it for me when I want to do in that way I’m ok with it.

And with all the hand washing etc it’s just easier not to wear it. For the first time ever I leave the house with zero rings including a band. Greg’s ok with that and so am I. These days ease and safety over wearing my beautiful ring.

Of course Greg wears his wedding band. I’m not as evolved as he and I prefer he wears his band. :)

I also feel this way. I wear less jewelry because of the current environment. Even though my "nicer/fancy" pieces were purchased pre-pandemic; it feels strange to wear them these days. Thanks for sharing. Your rings are beautiful, BTW.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I love them all :kiss2:
But i kinda feel sorry for the .4 when she gets left at home
Id pop her on my RH if she was mine rather than leave her home

Thanks!! The .4 gets all the action now because I rarely socialize and don't travel at all. :D She is my pandemic MVP.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine everywhere, but I’m very aware of my surroundings, so I might turn it around sometimes so only the plain band is visible.

I usually take my rings off when I come home because I could be cooking or cleaning and don’t want to damage them.

At the start of the lockdown, I didn’t wear them, because we were just in the house, but after a few weeks, I got them out and put them on, so I could enjoy them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For @missy.

Large and small EC, and large and small heart shaped Ruby - I had the 3-stone ring made with the same reason as the small EC ring.

20200726_172117.jpg

20200726_172019.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For @missy.

Large and small EC, and large and small heart shaped Ruby - I had the 3-stone ring made with the same reason as the small EC ring.

20200726_172117.jpg

20200726_172019.jpg

SWOON!

01610B2C-8BAA-4452-B1BD-F457554358D5.jpeg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally would wear mine everywhere but mine are modest by most people's standards, however like everyone else here lately I haven't been wearing much at all, I ran to the store this morning I had nothing except my 2 mm gold band...which is very unusual for me, I normally wear just my 5 stone, we are actually going on vacation this year and me and hubby been talking about it, I normally wear my 5 stone this year I am just wearing my plain gold band...way to much hand cleaning/sanitizing and gloves going on and off to even consider wearing anything else....

Attachments

• DB75A468-48AA-41B8-9197-9FD91938CF55.jpeg
    DB75A468-48AA-41B8-9197-9FD91938CF55.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 92

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Not usually no. About the only time I skip it is for the gym or heavy cleaning. But my shineys aren't really something that people even notice at all so I feel pretty safe wearing it all the time minus those two situations

I usually wear my bling all the time, unless I’m volunteering, visiting a seedy area, travelling or going to the gym. I don’t put my bling on specifically if I’m just going to the grocery store or other errands, but I wouldn’t take it off if I’m wearing it. I wouldn’t wear anything huge or overly decorative to work though.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't really worn my jewelry much since staying at home (for the last 5 months). Since I usually take them off before I go to bed and am not really getting ready anymore, I often forget! I also think it's easier with all the hand washing to leave them off.

My aesthetic is simple and understated, so generally ER, wedding band, and studs are fine (maybe others think they are fake anyway) for most of the places I go. I do wear my 7 stone when traveling or going somewhere less safe. I have turned my ER to the inside on a few occasions. I never wear any rings when I'm working out, as it feels pretty uncomfortable.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
In the context of financial comparisons with friends, no because I wear a mix of earth mined and synthetic stones and I doubt most people could tell the difference. I think most people assume I'm always wearing costume jewellery because I buy well made and realistic looking pieces. I've had compliments on a ring that cost me 99p from eBay.

In the context of being out and about amongst strangers, I doubt they even notice. I have never had anyone come up to me and comment on my jewellery.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Happier days will return and she will get to go out with you again
it pains me to think of her left at home but i understand and appreciate your reasons
Just please one day when we get to hang out i want to see jewlery overload !!!!!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't wear the good stuff sometimes for practical reasons (potential to take a spill while bicycling, manual labor, etc.) or social reasons (if it would look like i'm showing off, if people would assume that it means something about how much money i have to spend, etc.), and sometimes i just like wearing nothing for the simplicity of it.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I can wear any jewelry around family, but not all with friends. I don’t feel comfortable showing them what I have. Worried they think I am a showy person or superficial, because my friends don’t wear a lot of blings and luxury items.

On the other hand, my family share the same passion for blings, we chat, share, and stare at each other’s jewelry. I am glad it’s that way because I am with them most of the time!

Last edited:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I live in a village/suburb of a mid-sized city in the midwest, and I just don't spend time anywhere where I think that the modest pieces I have are going to be an issue safety-wise. As far as image, I really don't think anyone else pays much, if any, attention to my jewelry; I'm by far the most jewelry-obsessed person I know of in my "in person" life. Frankly, even if they did pay attention, I'm well past the point of giving a hoot what they think.

Where I run into trouble is my view of myself aesthetically. Which is wierd, because I really have never cared about fashion once I moved out of my mid-twenties, and frankly even before then didn't have a very good sense of it. I've always been a "tomboy" in everyday life - jeans or shorts, t-shirt, tennies/boots/sandals; easy, comfortable, and functional, with the only criteria being it couldn't be too horribly unflattering. When I was younger, I did really enjoy those occasions I got to "dress up" more, and more femininely, but I very much wanted those to only be special occasions. Even back then, I would have hated having to dress that way regularly. The older I've gotten, the less fun those occasions are; nowadays, I utterly dread ever having to get out of my most casual frumpy tomboy stuff. Those times I have to dress up a bit more for performances or to go to a wedding will still only get so far; I've been known to tell orchestra contractors that they don't pay me enough to ever put on a pair of pantyhose again. So.....although all of my pieces are more understated than the overwhelming majority here, I just can't get myself to wear the slightly "more" ones except on those rare occasions when I have to so reluctantly dress up a smidge. If I try to wear them "just because" on one of my normal days, I'll start to look down at my hand to admire them.....all is well......then my eye drifts on down to the faded tennies with the bit of dried mud on them....and then the garden dirt still on my knees from earlier.....and the collie and cat hair all over my shorts.......aaaaaaaaannd back in the jewelry box they go, because it all just looks too ridiculous to me. And out come my most modest pieces, like @mommylawyer's lovely everyday set. And then I breathe sort of a sigh of relief that everything is in it's right proportion again........until I start pining for the "more" pieces again, because they're just so preeeetty, and the diamonds are better because I bought them post-Pricescope, and maybe I can just wear them and not worry about how it looks to me and.......<lather rinse repeat>.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to hide my blings from just one person, my mum, as she would just nag non-stop about wasting money, especially on CSs!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My one ct center halo is not really large by PS standards, I am carefree in most circumstances. However, working in a field that serves homeless, I will wear a simple band when going into a shelter. Bling would be rude.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results