shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever feel embarrassed by your jewelry?

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
I just had to say that yesterday I went for a very stressful medical test. I wore my ACA ring for the first time out in public since my upgrade...I got my first compliment from the nurse. It made me so happy when I was scared about getting the test done. Bling is medicinal for me..haha
Diamonds often give me courage! Hope all is okay.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I've returned to wearing my Octavia ring out and about more often, and I do noticed some stares.

That doesn't embarrass me.
Why should it?
It's not like I've done something I should be embarrassed about, like forgetting to zip up my pants.

The stares make me happy that the brilliant work of KarlK and DiaGem is appreciated.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soooo uncomfortable! This is really the only place I can talk about it and not feel judged. We’re all bling crazy..haha

@MamaBee and @YadaYadaYada there is an option on Instagram to create a list of ‘close friends’ for whom you can create private stories and share your jewellery pictures with a select group. Others won’t be able to see the pictures, and the pictures only stay up for 24hrs.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Don't feel bad about buying mall jewelry. As long as you thought the pieces were pretty and you enjoy them, that's all that matters.

Heck, I have some expensive pieces (for me anyway), but I also have pieces from jewelry stores, and even JTV. I actually just purchased a lab diamond from there and it's really pretty.

Whatever makes you happy is all that matters.

I have tons of stuff from JTV and other on line sources. I love silver as well as gold and palladium. Not into platinum, just not my taste. My family gets really rude about my jewelry telling me flat out I spend too much money and have more rings than I can wear, and why don't I spend my money elsewhere? I wear it anyway. My sister actually grabbed my hand one day and tried to pry a ring off! It doesn't embarrass me, it makes me angry, so I tell them to mind their own beeswax. Really, you wouldn't believe my family...they are...different...

I don't post my jewelry on FB or instagram because that would be just another platform for them to give me grief...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee and @YadaYadaYada there is an option on Instagram to create a list of ‘close friends’ for whom you can create private stories and share your jewellery pictures with a select group. Others won’t be able to see the pictures, and the pictures only stay up for 24hrs.

I didn’t know that @RosieR! Thank you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have tons of stuff from JTV and other on line sources. I love silver as well as gold and palladium. Not into platinum, just not my taste. My family gets really rude about my jewelry telling me flat out I spend too much money and have more rings than I can wear, and why don't I spend my money elsewhere? I wear it anyway. My sister actually grabbed my hand one day and tried to pry a ring off! It doesn't embarrass me, it makes me angry, so I tell them to mind their own beeswax. Really, you wouldn't believe my family...they are...different...

I don't post my jewelry on FB or instagram because that would be just another platform for them to give me grief...

Sometimes family needs to put out
we are trying rewilding the lawn
it is a bit overgrown but its our dam bussiness
Gary's sister started complaining before she even got out if her car last week
Gary almost told her to F off
I got really mad when i found out she had told Gary she might just send in a gardening crew
my blood did boil over

im not sure why other people feel the need to voice judgment on us
Your sister was very rude

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
My sister is crazier than a dog in a hubcap factory.......:lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mostly colored gems and pearls and I’ve found that most non enthusiasts haven’t the slightest clue how to price those, and mine aren’t particularly large so don’t attract too much attention. I get a lot of compliments but I don’t think people think of them as “expensive”.

My largest diamond is 3ct but also set in a big MoP pendant/pin and I’m pretty sure most people think it’s a costume piece because what crazy person wears a 3ct diamond in a big ol Flower.

Also aside from my bling, I’m dressed in 10$ dresses from amazon with a goth/punk preference. My go to shoes are combat boots and I have prominent tattoos. So my appearance overall doesn’t necessarily vibe as “luxury” which I think let’s me get away with more bling. Sort of like how Phoebe from Friends piles on the rings and jewelry haha. If I’m wearing 5 rings and 4 necklaces it somehow seems more low key than one solitaire diamond ring.
75A08E38-C299-4950-B4BE-BF47762CE39D.jpeg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same! Spouse wears her sapphire when we hike because she knows I love how it looks in the shade under the trees :mrgreen2:.

Also: you can wear non-blingy bling. You can have a six figure Kashmir blue or Burma ruby and it will attract less attention than your average 1-ct e-ring, imo. Maybe you'd get a "That must be like a thousand dollars!"

You must take a picture of the sapphire under a tree for us!

My amethyst looks gorgeous in the sunshine, as she has very bold flashes of red & cornflower blues. In fact I might wear her today, just to go to the supermarket :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never as I worked hard all my life to be financially independent and to have pennies to spare to do as I please with them, blings or otherwise.

DK :))

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I don’t get embarrassed but like most, consider my audience when choosing what to wear. I actually don’t think most people have any idea how much some things cost. Our friends and family know we started with nothing ( and my husband is a workaholic ) and have never made any negative comments on my jewelry.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, don’t feel embarrassed at all. We’ve worked hard all our lives, no one has every given us anything, and I waited 40 years to own Bella, so I wear her whenever we go out. These days it’s just for a walk or to the supermarket, that’s not to say that I’m not careful or mindful of my surroundings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results