shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you eat in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was running around town yesterday for work and had to eat lunch on the road. Then I got to thinking that eating in the car isn''t the safest thing, nor is it the most sanitary (depending on what you''re eating.)

However, for some bizarre reason, I like to eat in the car. And even more bizarrely, the only thing I will eat in the car is a McDonald''s cheeseburger (because they are easily eaten in the car). I don''t eat in the car often, but sometimes on a longer drive (like to Palm Springs or Santa Barbara), I find it relaxing to sit with the music, enjoy the scenery and nibble in the car.

Do you eat in the car?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s bad, but yes I do eat in the car-usually Dunkin Donuts on the way to work. I''m also notorious for not taking my trash with me with I leave the car...so bad.....

April20

Ideal_Rock
I do if we''re on a road trip or I''m in a HUGE hurry and am starving. If I''m going to have to eat and drive, I try to get simple things so I don''t kill myself trying drive and eat something complicated. I got chicken nuggets one day and couldn''t decide on a sauce and ended up with three different ones. Not so easy to drive, hold the chicken nuggets, balance three open containers of sauce.....

It''s funny, but if we''re driving up to my family (4.5 hours), I HAVE to have Zaxby''s on the road. I know where they are along the trip and I will hold out for it. There''s one a couple miles from my house, but I don''t go. I try to only feed my Zaxby''s obession on road trips. Or my pants would never fit.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want to eat in the car, but I have. McDonalds is usually what I eat in the car. The whole time I freak out hoping that the secret sauce doesn''t get on my upholstry. I once at a sausage with mustard in the car. I ate the whole thing in 4 bites so it was gone quickly. I figure the less time it is in the car, the less time it can make a stain.

I hate leaving my food trash in the car especially McDonalds because when you get back in the car a few hours later that McDonalds food smells so dusgusting.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Yes, more often than I care to admit to! Cheeseburgers eaten in the car don''t count.

I usually park first, though.

When I was pregnant, my only real craving was McDonald''s cheeseburgers. I ate a lot of them. In the car. I can''t even look at them now, so maybe I over did it.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, the smell of mcdonalds is gross...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the weather is nice I will go park at the library during my lunch break and eat in my car. Otherwise I bring lunch to work or I''m not in the car long enough to need a meal break.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
if french fries are in the car... they will be gobbled up before I make it home.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I eat in the car all the time! While I''m commuting to and from work, I am usually drinking coffee and eating fruit or a Balance Bar. I have Starbucks or Jamba Juice in the car pretty often, but I hardly ever do drive-through fast food like McDonald''s or Burger King--I''d just rather eat protein bars or food I made. Sometimes, I''ll bring a baggie of candy in the car with me, but I''m trying to limit that a little.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I don''t eat meals in the car; I don''t like eating quickly and when I have eaten in the car I find I eat way too fast. I will snack in the car, on almonds and such, bot nothing that''s going to make a mess.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
I have enough food stashed in my car that I could survive a nuclear attack, and come out of it having gained 10 lbs
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t read or eat in a moving car without an upset head or tummy
14.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep I do eat in the car...I dont like to, but sometimes its a necessity.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I had soup in the car once. I had the takeout bowl/carton thing inbetween my legs so it couldn't shift. That was definitely a bad idea...a manual car too. Nothing spilled, but I'm surprised I made it out alive! Rush hour! Bah!

If I have to eat in the car, it's McDonalds all the way. Not nuggets though, that's too hard with the sauce. Burger and fries!
18.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:05:05 PM
Author: sunnyd
I had soup in the car once. I had the takeout bowl/carton thing inbetween my legs so it couldn''t shift. That was definitely a bad idea...a manual car too. Nothing spilled, but I''m surprised I made it out alive! Rush hour! Bah!

If I have to eat in the car, it''s McDonalds all the way. Not nuggets though, that''s too hard with the sauce. Burger and fries!
18.gif

I''m shaking my head at you
2.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 1:43:43 PM
Author: Vancity
I have enough food stashed in my car that I could survive a nuclear attack, and come out of it having gained 10 lbs
9.gif

Hahahaha! A girl after my own heart.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:09:35 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

I had soup in the car once. I had the takeout bowl/carton thing inbetween my legs so it couldn''t shift. That was definitely a bad idea...a manual car too. Nothing spilled, but I''m surprised I made it out alive! Rush hour! Bah!

If I have to eat in the car, it''s McDonalds all the way. Not nuggets though, that''s too hard with the sauce. Burger and fries!
18.gif

2.gif
Hehe! IIRC, I was also on the phone. That has to be record breaking. Soup, stick shift, rush hour traffic, phone?!
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:17:52 PM

18.gif

2.gif
Hehe! IIRC, I was also on the phone. That has to be record breaking. Soup, stick shift, rush hour traffic, phone?!
9.gif
You never cease to impress me!

I do eat in the car. Usually just french fries.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:20:08 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 12/22/2009 2:17:52 PM

18.gif

2.gif
9.gif
You never cease to impress me!

I do eat in the car. Usually just french fries.
I''m a good multi tasker.
3.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I eat in the car, but not if I am driving.
I never let my kids eat in the car though as I am worried that they might choke on something and I won''t be able to get them out of their car seats in time. I have thought about it and I would not have the time to stop the car if I am driving, unstrap them and do CPR/Heimlich, and if I was not driving, even if I could reach by jumping into the back seat, it would be too tight.

They can drink stuff like water or bottled stuff and the baby can have her bottle, but if they want to eat anything, then we have to stop the car and get out. I figure it won''t harm them to just wait a bit so we can sit comfortably and we always take car breaks when we are going somewhere more than an hour or two anyway.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Usually only if/when its expedient to do so (i.e. when very hungry or trying to get somewhere). More often, and more bothersome to me, I commonly eat at my desk or otherwise in front of a computer while working
20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i eat Micky D''s egg muffin while driving.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''m on the road a whole lot for work, so many times i am eating on the go in my car.

sometimes the only peace and quiet i can get during the day is in my car, so even if i''m in the building all day, i''ll go out to my car to eat so i''m not bothered. otherwise, my lunch break is constantly interrupted.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I''m driving, it''s something easy to eat like baby carrots or a protein bar or crackers. Usually this is when I haven''t eaten for a few hours and am feeling weird-I try to eat something. If I''m a passenger, I''ll eat whatever. Hardee''s, Taco Bell, anything. I don''t like to do it tho, b/c I like to curl up in the recliner and read while I eat.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, no food. Food and leather seats don''t mix well. We do drink coffee though, but I try to force my husband to be neat about it. Still, he does get chewing tobacco everywhere in the nooks and crannies of my console.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 3:50:02 PM
Author: gemgirl
No, no food. Food and leather seats don''t mix well. We do drink coffee though, but I try to force my husband to be neat about it. Still, he does get chewing tobacco everywhere in the nooks and crannies of my console.
I have leather seats and I think it is much easier to keep clean than cloth seats if a spill occurs.

And yes, I do eat in the car more than I''d like to admit.

I also have a serious Starbucks addiction. Often its my reward for getting all my kids off to school! My younger ones I have to drive so after I drop them off, I often head to the Starbucks drive thru.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I do eat in the car, but mostly things like crackers. If it''s an actual meal I will eat while parked in a parking lot. There is a yummy food place I like in the mall food court, but I refuse to eat in there, so I always buy my bowl of rice and chicken and then go eat in my car while listening to talk radio.

My kids eat almost every time we''re in the car and I''m constantly vaccuming it!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only eat snacks or drink liquids in a car. I don't like eating a meal in the car. My good friend LOVES to drive-in and eat in her car, and then dump her trash in the back seat for days! I tried it one evening with her and, well, I kinda prefer my dining table!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, we both do, but my husband probably eats in the car more than I do. He''s bad about remembering to take in the trash afterward though.
38.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No, I don''t. I love my little car, but I do not love the idea of having to clean crums out of it or trying to get rid of food smells.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results