shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you eat breakfast?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I usually grab a Luna bar and cup of coffee before running out--I realized I was always exhausted in the mornings because I just wasn't eating enough for energy. I've started eating a more solid breakfast, and its made a huge difference. How about you? Do you eat breakfast?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yep! Every day! I make an egg, veggie-sausage, and cheese sandwich on a multi-grain english muffin. If I didn't, I'd probably be asleep at my desk by 9:30am! I truly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I never used to but for the last 6 months I have eaten a cinnamon toaster strudell and coffee---every morning without fail. Instead of gaining weight (bc its fattening) I have shrunk to a size 2. Yayyy :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep I eat breakfast everyday, most of time its just cereal, but I have daily pills I have to take and I have to eat to take them...so I dont miss breakfast!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I usually have cheerios and fresh fruit.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yep! I'm a hypoglycemic and would be a mess if I didn't eat first thing every morning!

I try to keep a wide variety of things on hand, but sometimes I don't even eat breakfast foods for breakfast..

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Every day for breakfast I have orange juice and eat something with protein. Egg, cheese, smoked whitefish or plain yogurt. I also eat a mid-morning snack that has protein - any of the foods I already mentioned or nuts, hummus or nut butter. The protein is important to regulate blood sugar and also to prevent cravings for unhealthy food that has no or minimal nutritious value.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Yes, everyday. Usually reduced fat peanut butter on whole wheat with tea and a banana.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely. I usually eat scrambled egg or oatmeal with a sliced banana in it. Truthfully, I would rather have sourdough toast
with butter and maybe jam, but that would give me a bigger butt so I try to refrain. Yada yada yada, plus it's white bread.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never used to- but the fast few weeks I have started a routine of having breakfast in the morning.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Does coffee count? :bigsmile:

I can't eat breakfast. It makes me ten times hungrier throughout the day. If I eat something for breakfast, big or small, around 8, I'm guaranteed to be starving by 10. And then noon. And so on. I'll need to eat pretty much every other hour thereafter.

I'm sure that means that my metabolism has been boosted or something beneficial, but I just can't.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yes- usually cereal, multigrain Eggos, or wholewheat bread and cheese.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite meal of the day, in fact I could eat breakfast 3x a day!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I grab a sandwich daily and wash it down with a latte. Can't function well without breakfast... All the diamonds look a bit more included...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yup. Protein load. Gets me thru my day. Must. eat. breaky.

cheers--Sharon

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yes and no. I used to just drink tea in the AM. THen I started doing toast with PB & banana. Then I went back to just tea. Now I do cereal because I like something on the sweet side. But you all inspired me, I"m prepping steel cut oatmeal now for breakie tomorrow AM.

~LC

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1316050658|3017893 said:
Definitely. I usually eat scrambled egg or oatmeal with a sliced banana in it. Truthfully, I would rather have sourdough toast
with butter and maybe jam, but that would give me a bigger butt so I try to refrain. Yada yada yada, plus it's white bread.

:lol:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lots of of breakfast eaters! And so many breakfast ideas. :naughty: Now I'm even more inspired. Perhaps I'll go to bed early so that breakfast will come even sooner. :halo:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Never. But I don't keep a "normal" schedule and I'm never hungry until midday. My last meal is usually dinner between 8 and 9 o'clock. I've always been this way and it's worked well for me so I don't intend to change unless my life circumstances demand it.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I have to, if I don't I end up fainting. I have to eat every 3 hours. I am better now but it used to be that if 4 hours passed without eating I would end up on the floor unconscious.

It really sucks, but I wake up really hungry and have to eat immediately on waking up. At that time I am still a zombie, you do not want to see the mess that occurs if I try to do cook something like oatmeal. So I usually eat some bread with margarine or some leftovers from the day before.

Sometimes I will eat something small and then make an omelet with tomatoes, spinach, a bit of Parmesan and some smoked ham. Really great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bunny007|1316053359|3017933 said:
Does coffee count? :bigsmile:

I can't eat breakfast. It makes me ten times hungrier throughout the day. If I eat something for breakfast, big or small, around 8, I'm guaranteed to be starving by 10. And then noon. And so on. I'll need to eat pretty much every other hour thereafter.

This is how I am too. When I first wake up I have coffee and I usually cannot even think of food but when I do eat early I am hungry all day. Not sure why that is but I am good till I eat. However nowadays I eat much earlier than I used to. I wake up at 4:45 AM during the weekdays and usually eat a banana and almonds around 8AM at work but then I am basically eating small meals all day long. I used to not eat anything till the afternoon but these days I need to eat earlier. During the weekend when I wake up a bit later it's also the same thing. I cannot eat for about 3 hours from when I first wake up and as soon as I do eat something I start getting hungrier.

My favorite thing though is to eat "breakfast" for dinner- scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast yummm! :lickout:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, a cup of tea and either toast and butter or crumpets and butter. I feel awful if I don't have breakfast.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I do. I can't eat a ton of carbs though. I need protein so I usually eat eggs.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To me, it's the most important meal of the day. I often skip lunch, so if I didn't eat a decent breakfast, I'd never make it til dinner. It's also one of my fav. food groups!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Every day, I get cranky otherwise! Most days I make an egg and cheese sandwich, but occasionally I will grab cereal. I tend to get hungry much more quickly when I have cereal vs. a high protein breakfast though.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
When I started eating breakfast and drink 3 liters of water a day I lost 10 pounds without exercise.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea but it's not exactly healthy everyday.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, my word! I can't function without breaky! If I'm pushed for time a few pieces of wholemeal toast and Vegemite and a banana usually does the trick, but I mostly start the day with a biiiiiiiig bowl of porridge with honey and fresh strawberries... mmmmmm :lickout: On weekends after going to the gym I like eggs and baked beans on toast with some fruit and yoghurt. I'm a big breaky eater.

It's 11:30pm here, and now I'm really looking forward to the morning so I can eat my breakfast! :bigsmile:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Protien shake every morning... Snack before lunch is usually yogurt or banana. I love eggs but they require grits. Next thing I know breKfast is huge...so only on the weekends... Do I indulge in more.... No sweets for breakfast ever... I just have a glycemic crash afterwards...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

My eating habits are pretty much the opposite of what the books tout - the idea of forcing anything down before about noon makes my stomach churn just thinking about it! I do have a mug of herbal tea every morning when I get to work.

Lunch is usually light - fruit and yoghurt, or some oatmeal, or soup... DH and make a big dinner every couple of days and have the leftovers for dinner the next day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results