shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you eat apples peeled or unpeeled?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat my apples unpeeled. Do you think is safe since pesticides are being use to kill insects?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Washed and unpeeled.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Washed and unpeeled.

+1

Unless I happen to buy organic, which is rare, I peel skin off his piece before giving it to my parrot Bibi.

When I do peel veggies or fruit I feed the peels to my wormies in my vermiculture bin.

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unpeeled.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I eat them unpeeled, as the majority of the nutrition is in the peel. We buy organic and I wash them before eating to avoid the pesticides.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If eating it by itself, unpeeled. If I'm putting them into a salad then I peel them.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Both ways, washed well before eating either way!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Washed and unpeeled.

The only time I would peel apples is when I am making Apple Crumble.

DK :))

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Unpeeled (but they have to be quartered first by the apple quartertery thing)

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
If you buy organic, then you are safe. But sometimes even organic apples are covered with some sort of oil or wax to prolong their shelf life. Dr. Weil recommends using something, maybe diluted dishwashing liquid and then rinse for some time? But I may be mistaken. I will check and post a link.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Apples are #2 in the Dirty Dozen list, very dirty.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Even though I usually buy organic apples, I can't get the family to eat apples unless I wash, peel and slice the applies. There are certain apple varieties that have great flavor in the skin, and my daughter and I would eat those with peel on, but washed and sliced.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat organic apples washed and unpeeled. And they’re scrumptious.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
both...depends on the kind

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unpeeled, unwashed.

Not dead yet :razz: lol

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peeled. I don't like the taste of peel.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Least favorite on my fruit list. But for honey-crisp. Once or twice a year, with the skins on. Fruit is always washed.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Often not washed
unpeeled
Not organic

latelly ive been buying the odd bunch - the less than perfect ones in the super market $2 for 2kg bag and i make them into appleslaw

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

Least favorite on my fruit list. But for honey-crisp. Once or twice a year, with the skins on. Fruit is always washed.

cheers--Sharon

When i was growing up we would go out in the weekend for sunday drives in the country and buy apples from the orchard's gate
they taste completly different to anything thats been in a cool store

The best apple ive had in the last few years was picked straight off the tree from the orchard next door to my BIL
Sun warmed and crisp and juicy

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Why does unpeeled or peeled apple sound weird.... we don’t peel apples like oranges or tangerines... this wording makes me feel funny. :lol:
Oh, but I don’t peel the skin off my onions when I eat them like apples. I like the crunch. :lickout:

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Calvados....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally don’t like biting into a whole apple. I’ll eat an apple with the peel on, but I have to cut it into ~1/8ths first. I also love homemade chunky apple sauce in colder months - always made with peeled apples (and Bosc pears if they’re available, one for every two apples).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I wouldn’t eat a red delicious if it was the last piece of fruit in the store!

Well, maybe if it was the very last piece...

but many of the more recently introduced varieties, like honey-crisp, are juicy and flavorful and crisp. It’s worth experimenting a bit with new introductions during apple season.

voce

Ideal_Rock
This thread reminds me, I can't remember the last time I had apple. I don't hate it, but there's so many other kinds of fruit I'm more excited about, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought apple at the grocery store.

So, I guess it mostly depends on how it's offered to me. Most of the time, I'm offered peeled apple.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love a crsip Granny Smith
I like a tart apple, not too sweet
but i eat apples with a knife
Drives Gary bonkers for some reason

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll eat an apple either way. I generally don’t peel unless making a salad or baking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results