shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you dance when NOBODY is looking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
So... today I was lazy after work- it was a rough day and I was tired, so I skipped the gym.

Then, I started to feel guilty... so to make up for it, I set the timer on my over to 30 min. Turned on my music and danced... all alone... for a half hour.

I even incorporated a chair from the dining room- doing squats, step ups, and chair dancing... HA HA.

I would be mortified if anybody saw me, but I really got into it- got my heart rate up to about 140bpm. It''s GREAT exercise- just really embarassing!
41.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, and I sing in the car and shower too!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My son and I dance crazy dances all around the house a few times a week. He's 2.5 and begins demanding music and dance. I have figured he doesn't like 80's music, but will tolerate everything else. I do a lot of throwing him around and at over 30 lbs, I think it really adds to the caloric burn!

I'm also a "kitchen dancer". That's what we've always called it when you dance while you clean.

Then again, DH caught me dancing while I was doing my hair this morning and I'm tapping my feet and shaking in my seat while listening to music. I don't know if I ever STOP dancing....Right now it's a bluesy swing.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, YES! And I dance even when people are looking. I just don''t care.

I dance in my car and sing. I dance in the middle of a grocery store if they are playing a great song. I dance at work.

I am well known for my "break out in dance in the middle of a meeting" moments. I can''t help it.
31.gif

It even says so on my MySpace page.
35.gif

Life is too short, not to dance....even if it''s just on the kitchen floor.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 12:45:34 AM
Author: miraclesrule

I dance in my car and sing. I dance in the middle of a grocery store if they are playing a great song. I dance at work.

I am well known for my ''break out in dance in the middle of a meeting'' moments. I can''t help it.
31.gif

35.gif

ha ha ha ha ha. This made me laugh. I have done that too Miracles. I started singing in Longs the other day to a Police song. A guy looked at me like I was nuts!! I wasn''t singing loud, just to myself. Then he smiled and said actually he liked that song too. I also put on music and dance in my family room.

It is funny because my little parrot dances with me. He loves music.
36.gif
9.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that''s so funny that you mention that because I was just telling FI yesterday that dancing would probably be a great cardio work out. I''m not a great dancer (I know you don''t have to be when no one''s watching), but I''d still like to follow some set steps. we''re going to see if there''s a playstation dance game out there for me.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:48:00 AM
Author: Linda W

I dance in the middle of a grocery store if they are playing a great song.

ha ha ha ha ha. This made me laugh. I have done that too Miracles. I started singing in Longs the other day to a Police song. A guy looked at me like I was nuts!! I wasn''t singing loud, just to myself.

OMG! The other day I was grocery shopping and that song came on, I don''t remember the name, but it''s the one that says "side by side on my PYANO keyboard..." I always get a kick out of how the guy says PYANO that I have to sing along with it. SO there I am in front of the yogurt section, breaking into song, and I''m not being quiet about it, JT''s in the cart and laughing and as I continue peering into the many yogurts, I realize there''s a door open in the back of it and a guy is standing there 2 feet from my face as I''m belting our horribly inaccurate and tone-deaf type lyrics! The guy just stared at me as though I had grown legs out of my head. I almost died laughing. DH came and I told him the story and then he died laughing because the guy was still staring at me through the back of the refrigerated section.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 3:31:54 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Date: 8/6/2008 11:48:00 AM
Author: Linda W

I dance in the middle of a grocery store if they are playing a great song.

ha ha ha ha ha. This made me laugh. I have done that too Miracles. I started singing in Longs the other day to a Police song. A guy looked at me like I was nuts!! I wasn''t singing loud, just to myself.

OMG! The other day I was grocery shopping and that song came on, I don''t remember the name, but it''s the one that says ''side by side on my PYANO keyboard...'' I always get a kick out of how the guy says PYANO that I have to sing along with it. SO there I am in front of the yogurt section, breaking into song, and I''m not being quiet about it, JT''s in the cart and laughing and as I continue peering into the many yogurts, I realize there''s a door open in the back of it and a guy is standing there 2 feet from my face as I''m belting our horribly inaccurate and tone-deaf type lyrics! The guy just stared at me as though I had grown legs out of my head. I almost died laughing. DH came and I told him the story and then he died laughing because the guy was still staring at me through the back of the refrigerated section.
Ebony and Ivory, Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remembered the song, it was Every Little Thing She Does. At the end when they go Eeeeeeeeeyoooooooooo. That is when I belt it out!!!
9.gif
36.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
yes..........all the time. I have been dancing as cardio exerciser for years. After I had my girls one by one as they got older we would dance in the kitchen. They started wearing my high heels as well. Now two of them are teenagers and we still dance. My youngest is 5 and she will run get her barbie high heeled dress up shoes on when mommy announces. Everyone go put on their high heels we are going dancing. We crank up the I pod and dance away. Not always in high heels..........bu we dance. Especially after one of us downloads some new Itunes. We for sure have to crank it up and dance to the new music.

So yes!!!! We do!!! and it is something my girls will hopefully always do as well!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I break into dance moves spontaneously and it annoys my older kids. My youngest still thinks mom is the greatest so he is not horrified by me as yet! I am sure he will be though...

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Sometimes when I am cooking but almost always when I am folding laundry. Last night I spent HOURS trying to learn the dance to Thriller so I can teach my bridal party so we can do a group dance at the reception (Halloween wedding would not be complete withou hearing Thriller
2.gif
)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I dance even when there''s no music on. I just sing a song in my head and start dancing. My coworkers think I''m nuts.

My dad was big time into music and my fiance is also a musician so I''m used to a home that would play music rather than have the TV on.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:56:38 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Yes! Sometimes when I am cooking but almost always when I am folding laundry. Last night I spent HOURS trying to learn the dance to Thriller so I can teach my bridal party so we can do a group dance at the reception (Halloween wedding would not be complete withou hearing Thriller
2.gif
)

A Halloween wedding??? Ohhhhhhhhh how fun that is going to be!!!!! Plus dancing to Thriller!! I always loved that song and it is great to dance to also. You definitely will have to post pictures. Your wedding will be a blast
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am well known for my ''break out in dance in the middle of a meeting'' moments. I can''t help it.
31.gif

35.gif

Here here!

I dance when I''m inspired. It doesn''t happen often for me, but when the mood strikes it doesn''t matter where I am or who I''m with.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I dance when nobody is watching...Or when everyone is watching! I''m like Miracles, I plain don''t care! I sing and dance all day long. Especially with the cat!
31.gif
Well, I am banned from singing and dancing with the cat when my 14 and 12 year old have friends over. I did Bella Dancerella with DD the other day, it was a fair quad and calf workout!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Ha Ha! Thanks for all the great stories, dancing queens!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I lost 15 lbs a couple of summers ago just from dancing. I would put on my headphones and head to the garage for about 45 minutes and just have at it! It was very liberating and great for my self-esteem. I would never do it if any adults were around
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Last night, I threw on a cd, and danced in my bedroom all by myself. I have always been terribly embarrassed of how I look, but who''s going to see? I''m going to ask my SO to teach me to dance like he knows, and I''m going to teach myself to dance some too.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
heck, i dance like nobody''s looking all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results