shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you cut your own hair?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like doing my hair myself. Nobody knows it as well as I do anyway. my last cut well... I cut from mid back to about 5-6 inches. (not a big deal though, I had relaxed it and was going back to natural for a while anyway) But to me, its just hair. I've been totally bald twice.

I love doing my own treatments, my own color and so on. When my hair was relaxed, I did that too (pretty easy if thats what you're used to)

-A

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I used to cut it myself during my poor student days. Its curly so it hides my mistakes! I do like it layered though so now I go to a salon.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope I dont, I go every 5 weeks for a trim and color, I get my hair done by a very good friend so its me time and well worth every dollar I pay :wink2:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Since 1997, I have had two professional haircuts. And I should have skipped those, too.

I used to go to a hairdresser that knew my hair. Then she quit the biz. For months I endured another stylist in the same salon. . . until I looked around one day and realized that no one, not a single stylist, had good hair themselves. Why was I trusting someone with lousy hair to make me look good??

In my efforts to correct a bad cut, I found that I was perfectly capable of doing my own hair, and doing it better. So I do. Now that I'm older, I do my own color as well.

Come to think of it, I've never, ever, left a salon looking good or feeling good. I would never get my hair 'done' for any occasion.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lbbaber|1305226592|2919893 said:
I do 'cheaper' haircuts though ($25) bc my hair is long and simple---so I can spend $1,000 every 10 months to have my hair professionally straightened (Thermal Reconditioning aka Japanese Hair Straightening). It's a trade I needed to make in order to justify the splurge.

I do the same thermal reconditioning, except that I try to stretch it to every 14-15 months, since it's so darned expensive (I'd do it every 6 months if I could justify it!). I do cut my own bangs, since they need it every few weeks and I only get my hair cut every few months or so.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
No, I have my co-workers do it. The last thing I want to do is cut my own hair...after working 9 hours doing other peoples hair.

Kenny....holy moly....you are smoking hot!!! :love:

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I cut my own hair. I hate hairdressers and they hate me (super thick AND curly).
I snip off split ends every once in a while. Like said above, curls fortunately don't have to be cut evenly, and no one can tell.
When I had my hair flat-ironed, I used to cut my own bangs. Then I would have someone else trim the rest of it, but didn't like to do that if it was a hairdresser. My experience of hairdressers is, not only do they not have any idea what to do with my hair, but they always want to do something that will make me keep coming back for maintenance. so instead of just evening it up, they would do something fancy that I didn't want that would definitely need upkeep. Like, every two to three weeks.
I guess this is how they make their money. Making all the curlyheads straight, perming all the people with straight hair so that they have curls, putting highlights on everybody who will let them, and making everybody blond who they can possibly convince to go there, whether it suits them or not.
end of rant.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl|1305332201|2921262 said:

That's not me.
It's just a pic I googled up with a buzz cut like mine, not that buzz cuts could really vary much.

But if you drink a 6-pack of beers I'll look like that. :lol:
Without the beer my face probably looks more like that guys butt. ;(

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1305428791|2922103 said:

That's not me.
It's just a pic I googled up with a buzz cut like mine, not that buzz cuts could really vary much.

I'm glad you 'fessed up. :bigsmile:

I stopped myself from 'outing' you; I was gonna do the *SNORT* thing, but I thought that would just be rude. :wink2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1305430198|2922123 said:
kenny|1305428791|2922103 said:
That's not me.
I'm glad you 'fessed up. :bigsmile:
I stopped myself from 'outing' you; I was gonna do the *SNORT* thing, but I thought that would just be rude. :wink2:

So you knew my face looks like that guy's butt?

I have no idea who he is.
He is probably some famous guy.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had a bottle of wine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results