shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you consider your SO family?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I thought there was a thread about this before, but if so, I couldn''t find it.
28.gif

Do you call your SO family? Does your SO call you family?

Does your family call your SO family? Does your SO''s family call you family?

Just curious...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He IS my family as far as I'm concerned. He and my dad.

I don't know that everyone else considers us their family just yet, but it's gonna happen whether they like it or not, so yeah.

ETA: just being facetious on the if they like it or not part. All of my fam loves him and his fam loves me.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes. We are all family. His aunts/uncles/cousins/etc... are mine and vice versa!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
BF is currently living at home with my family till we find another place and my mum is always telling him that he''s not a guest, he''s family. I know she means it. It''s amazing how easy he slotted right in here and even with my extended family.

I''m sure BF''s parents consider me family too, I''m now kind of a perminant fixture attached to their only son so how could they not? They are so loving, they are like my other set of parents.

BF say''s I''m his family, and I guess he is mine. I think he feels more that way then I do because he''s an only child and dosn''t know hardly any of his extended family and has no relations here in NZ where as I come from a much larger family.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think so. I put him down as my emergency contact and things like that which are usually for family.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, yes, yes and yes!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Yep.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Family to me is more then just blood. It is devotion, love, respect, kindness. It''s people you can turn to for anything, and I mean ANYTHING and they can do the same for you. Family will love you for whoever you turn out to be. The will love you for your pitfalls, and will lift you up when you are down. They will celebrate your successes and give you a shoulder to cry on when things are bad.

with that being said... YES I consider my SO to be part of my family.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yeah...I never really thought about it before, but yes, he is my family and so is his family etc.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. I''ve never felt like anything less than part of his family, and my family has always loved him as well.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I consider ourselves to be family.. His parents refer to themselves as my "Mum and Dad" and call me their daughter. FI lived with my Dad and I for a year or so so they have a pretty good relationship and consider each other family but don''t call each other "Dad/Son".

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
definitely! we''re always a part of our family functions, so we feel incredibly lucky to be considered a member of each other''s respective families. i loved his family from the start! they were all so warm and welcoming and he feels the same way about mine as well. even though we''re not engaged yet, i catch myself referencing his family members as mine. like i''ll call his SIL my SIL, or my brother. his niece & nephew have always known me as "auntie" anyway, but i think it''s because i''ve been with their uncle since they were born.
2.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I consider him family, he considers me family. We go to each others parents houses for Sunday dinners and holidays but I don''t know that he considers my family his family and I do not consider his family my family.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Yes on all counts
1.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
With my ex, never. In fact, ex never considered me family (he said his family was him and his parents, forever and always). I did not have a good relationship with them. Ever.

My BF''s parents are awesome. I hang out with his mom and think his dad is great. We are all very close. They are definately part of my family :)

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I''m like Freke... FF IS my family. I''ve been through alot of drama with my parents and extended family over the past few years (ie. parents got divorced, sister and I got thrown into the middle by everyone, bad situation :S), but FF has been there for me the entire time, through thick and thin. I really dont know what I''d do without that boy sometimes!

On the other hand, his family is WONDERFUL! They openly call me a part of their family, and its so nice to feel like I belong :) They''ve really changed my outlook on what life can be like when you''re surrounded by the right people!

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I to consider him part of the family, even if he isn''t offically part of the family yet. I sometimes do make the separation though, because until it''s offically offical that we''re married, we''re not technically "family." My family absolutely loves him and consider''s him part of the family and involve him in many things that we do. My parents and grandma have slipped on occassion and actually have called him my husband. His family loves me as well, and at a recent wedding of his brother''s even tried to get me to their family picture (it was the photographer who objected, and that''s ok, because I wasn''t that comfortable with it... I''m not offically family yet!) Me and my SO even live together and for a short time we both were living at my parents house. Hopefully soon it''ll be offically offical and then legal, but he''s family to me either way.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:22:37 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
With my ex, never. In fact, ex never considered me family (he said his family was him and his parents, forever and always). I did not have a good relationship with them. Ever.

My BF''s parents are awesome. I hang out with his mom and think his dad is great. We are all very close. They are definately part of my family :)
Wow - really
23.gif
I couldn''t image not considering my SO family or vise versa. When you get married you''re supposed to be joined together as ONE, which makes you all family. MY SO''s family embraced me as one of their own from day 1 and wouldn''t consider marrying someone who said his family was him and his parents

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 11:44:26 AM
Author: mariewest
I to consider him part of the family, even if he isn''t offically part of the family yet. I sometimes do make the separation though, because until it''s offically offical that we''re married, we''re not technically ''family.'' My family absolutely loves him and consider''s him part of the family and involve him in many things that we do. My parents and grandma have slipped on occassion and actually have called him my husband. His family loves me as well, and at a recent wedding of his brother''s even tried to get me to their family picture (it was the photographer who objected, and that''s ok, because I wasn''t that comfortable with it... I''m not offically family yet!) Me and my SO even live together and for a short time we both were living at my parents house. Hopefully soon it''ll be offically offical and then legal, but he''s family to me either way.

Aw, that reminds me of when SO''s brother got married. The family INSISTED that I be in the picture, and though I would have never presumed to be in the picture, it was nice to be included.
5.gif

I think the photographer in your situation should have done photos both with and without you included, to honor the desires of the family! They were paying him, after all
20.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, yes and yes. LOL! I think he is apart of my family and they think so too. Gosh, he''s around them all the time! But we are all like one big family!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Another big YES
21.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
not yet. he is my beloved, but both of us feel like not calling each other family just yet. both of our families support us (in their own odd ways) and he''s listed as my benefactor, it''s just not something we''ll probably say until we''re married. we do say that home is with each other though. baby steps for us
5.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
His parents calls me family (I''m even awkwardly standing in a group family photo, and I really wish I hadn''t been roped into that one). My family is a little more reserved. I don''t consider us family yet (though we do joke about "family portraits" when we get all the pets together), but we''re not married, so we''re not family. He''s my emergency contact, and my partner, but not my family yet.

SeaStar

Rough_Rock
Yes to all of the above. When my father died my mother put my fiance's name in the obituary next to mine. We are all very close.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results