shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you carry any personal protection device?

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
As member of the community under distress, I would still say that releasing people from for-profit prisons is not the problem. I would urge people to focus on the root cause, and not the symptom alone. There is a pattern here. Homeless, jobless people under severe mental health issues who are projecting what they are going through in their lives. They try to find an easy target. Defunding the police and using those funds to provide the necessary jobs, housing and mental-health support is the only way to solve the illness.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am Asian-passing South Asian (people are usually confused about my ethnicity to the point that people from my country in USA speak to me in English because they don't believe I am South Asian). There have been times when I have been discriminated against in meetings because I look Asian. I have stopped stepping out of the house alone, and even when I do, I put on sunglasses or glasses in addition to big black mask to hide my ethnicity. This is not what I expected when I moved here. This constant fear is debilitating.

It all started in December 2016 when a white woman threatened to run me and my husband over with her truck saying racist things to us near our local Target. We were so traumatized, we never went back to that Target.

Am sorry for unloading here.

I’m sorry you had to go through that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? Why don’t you love cops? BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!

I guess not ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?

1617600910620.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it’s illegal to purchase, carry or use anything specifically intended for self defence where I live.

Same where I live too

Wow. Really? Pepper spray, non lethal personal protection isn't allowed? How do you defend yourself if attacked?

Is there some sort of alarm that you can carry to use if attacked? Of course, that won't help with guns but a blaring sound could be very helpful if attacked.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Yes you could come carry an alarm. I’ve never considered it & feel very safe where I live.

I also have travelled to many countries & have felt safe while travelling.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry pepper spray daily when I walk my dogs. yes one has to be hyper aware of their surroundings. I am every day. Every single day. There are times I don't want to leave the house because I deal with that it on the regular and I'm not Asian.

But, being black its a fact of my life. Not being vigilant means I could end up in the wrong situation and hurt or killed.

Listen, the reality is this. be vigilant. learn some self defense because sometimes its not the weapon you have but what you can get to.

And yes while I may carry, I never slack off being vigilant when I do. If anything I'm more so. I don't ever "feel safe" because I carry pew pew. The only time I don't is when I'm walking the dogs in my neighborhood, and thats because I have pepper spray and a carry stick.

I've had the misfortune of using the pepper spray but if you're gonna carry it, you better know how to use it. My favorite brand is Fox because the cannisters always work and don't lose pressure. If you're able to get pepper spray, There's 2 types, cone, and stream. Cone works well on dogs because you can cover a wide path. Cone also means you have to allow the target to get closer to you. Stream means you better know you can hit that target. Yes there's always some blow back. one needs to be prepared for that to happen and use it anyway.

I took several courses some years ago in self defense, as well as some refreshers, one was learning how to read shadows around me, the other was to ensure that anything I held could be come a weapon, up to and including my hands, a scarf, a shoe, anything.

I'm not gonna poopoo carrying, because doing so saved my own ass. Its a tool that I used because I was put into a position of having to pull it. I did not discharge it but I certainly would have.

Its unfortunate that this is going on. I feel for you all who are scared, I really do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results