shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you always have fresh flowers at home?

Do you always have fresh flowers at home?

• Total voters

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel just the same.. all so beautiful.. it's so hard to decide.
I usually gently squeeze the head and see which are the firmest and will last the longest. o_O
How lovely that you actually grew your own roses and lilies in your other home.. it sounds like it brought you a ton of pleasure!:kiss2:

For sure. Those roses were my babies and I talked to them. I looked forward to planting them every year , and I've read Lois Hole's Rose Favorites from cover to cover a t least a dozen times! My Mom always has beautiful roses (and other plants) in her garden. She has a green thumb. Her favorite rose to plant is the Peace Rose.

Thank you for letting me share. I really miss my garden.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the time we have fresh flowers. DH loves them too and always (pre-COVID) brought flowers home when he shopped. Costco roses are the best! Trader Joe’s has good flowers too, and even Aldi has some decent $4 bunches.
DH has also ordered 50 bulk roses from Costco—they were gorgeous and only $40!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually no. However, my DH surprised me with a flower subscription so I’ve been getting a new bouquet every month. It has been one of my absolute favorite gifts. They’re fun to look at, smell...and take ring pics in front of. :mrgreen:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If i could afford it I'd do it
When mum was in care we had flowers sent once a week
Its also important to support the cut flower growers right now - lockdowns were not kind to them

I have cacti and succulents due to a life long appreciation of them and i have a couple of other house plants
i pick flowers from the garden - if im desperate ill pick buttercups

When i worked in Wellington I used to work opposite a posh public wholesale place that had a really awsome fresh produce section
I would often take flowers home on the train
i love flowers, im very good at titivating them and making them last while also looking good

when my mum died my sister's house was full of flowers - like every vase she owned and then some

I went home to zero flowers
no one sent me flowers
its funny what you remember and what hurts feelings

my work gave me an F-ing supermarket voucher when my previous branch had sent lovelly flowers when Gary's dad died - (they also sent representatives to his funeral while Gary's boss made him redudent the day of the funeral so i guess i shouldn't complain about vouchers)
It was so i could buy what i wanted

I brought .....flowers

anyway i was back down to Christchurch a week latter to see Bruce Springsteen and my sister had not taken care of her flowers
Florist flowers are exspensive and I found it kind of therapeutic tidying them and bulking them out with things from her beautiful garden to prelong them

When Tinky died i brought orange flowers once a week for ages (till Gary said it was time to stop)
they lasted ages outside in a vase (it was early spring) compaired to inside with artificial heat

The only way i get flowers is to buy them myself

Next week when i get to bring home Tibby's ashes im going to buy some flowers with the groceries

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If i could afford it I'd do it
When mum was in care we had flowers sent once a week
Its also important to support the cut flower growers right now - lockdowns were not kind to them

I have cacti and succulents due to a life long appreciation of them and i have a couple of other house plants
i pick flowers from the garden - if im desperate ill pick buttercups

When i worked in Wellington I used to work opposite a posh public wholesale place that had a really awsome fresh produce section
I would often take flowers home on the train
i love flowers, im very good at titivating them and making them last while also looking good

when my mum died my sister's house was full of flowers - like every vase she owned and then some

I went home to zero flowers
no one sent me flowers
its funny what you remember and what hurts feelings

my work gave me an F-ing supermarket voucher when my previous branch had sent lovelly flowers when Gary's dad died - (they also sent representatives to his funeral while Gary's boss made him redudent the day of the funeral so i guess i shouldn't complain about vouchers)
It was so i could buy what i wanted

I brought .....flowers

anyway i was back down to Christchurch a week latter to see Bruce Springsteen and my sister had not taken care of her flowers
Florist flowers are exspensive and I found it kind of therapeutic tidying them and bulking them out with things from her beautiful garden to prelong them

When Tinky died i brought orange flowers once a week for ages (till Gary said it was time to stop)
they lasted ages outside in a vase (it was early spring) compaired to inside with artificial heat

The only way i get flowers is to buy them myself

Next week when i get to bring home Tibby's ashes im going to buy some flowers with the groceries

The hospital I worked at for 7 years had the best flower shop. I got to know the owner--she was sweet! Every week I would buy flowers--it was a pick-me-up after stressful busy days. And I loved supporting her business. Win win. Something about cut flowers--I always buy them for Mom when we visit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If i could afford it id have the house done up like the church at Charles & Di's wedding (or possibly Princess Bee and Edo's)

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE fresh flowers and what they can add to the feel of a space. I always have them if I’m entertaining and love putting together little arrangements. I have a diverse collection of quirky/pretty vases. I have a thing for vases, not sure why

Having said all that, this year has been different. Essentially no opportunities to entertain indoors. Looking forward to having them around again.

Here are a few pics...bringing fond memories of the good old days.
I’m far from pro, but what I manage brightens my mood and space.
9E447C7A-6C28-4900-A76F-9D233EFE6C18.jpeg 128343C0-464E-493C-89B8-AD4540A642B7.jpeg 58F601A9-2804-4CEC-A7F6-15309016918B.jpeg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Almost one year ago I bought MIL high quality red stabilized roses for her birthday: the roses are still perfect ,she loves them; I choose a black ceramic cube vase instead of a paper box.
Something like this
krabice-ruzi-miluji-te-bila.png

Attachments

• Square-Black-Cube-Vase-10cm.jpg
    Square-Black-Cube-Vase-10cm.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 6

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Safeway had a good deal on flowers--so I bought pink and yellow lilies and Gerber daisies! Not greedy or anything....LOL

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE fresh flowers and what they can add to the feel of a space. I always have them if I’m entertaining and love putting together little arrangements. I have a diverse collection of quirky/pretty vases. I have a thing for vases, not sure why

Having said all that, this year has been different. Essentially no opportunities to entertain indoors. Looking forward to having them around again.

Here are a few pics...bringing fond memories of the good old days.
I’m far from pro, but what I manage brightens my mood and space.
9E447C7A-6C28-4900-A76F-9D233EFE6C18.jpeg 128343C0-464E-493C-89B8-AD4540A642B7.jpeg 58F601A9-2804-4CEC-A7F6-15309016918B.jpeg

Oh those are gorgouse !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have cats and have cut & potted flowers. Never any problem...hmm...are my cats weird?! lol

The only problem ive ever had is i once reported the indoor rubber tree and i caught Borris having a wee in it
I grew some baby tears in its pot and that stopped that !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night i unpacked a couple of moving boxes
stuff that came from mum's that sat in our garage from when she went into care
Then when we moved 3 years ago they have just sat here in a corner of the lounge
holy cow - one that's been on its side that Borris has been jumping off was marked crystal :lol:
We get so many earthquakes here but my sister must have spent $100's on packing supplies

Anyway anyway where is this going ...

Included in the boxes were a couple of Stuart crystal vases
Much much nicer than my crystal

I need flowers !!
I now own so many vases !!!

What's the best thing to clean crystal vases with ?
mum's ones came out of their tissue paper wrapping so sparkly

The two useful sized matching crystal vases i got for my 21st are not nearly as sparkly as when they were new

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Last night i unpacked a couple of moving boxes
stuff that came from mum's that sat in our garage from when she went into care
Then when we moved 3 years ago they have just sat here in a corner of the lounge
holy cow - one that's been on its side that Borris has been jumping off was marked crystal :lol:
We get so many earthquakes here but my sister must have spent $100's on packing supplies

Anyway anyway where is this going ...

Included in the boxes were a couple of Stuart crystal vases
Much much nicer than my crystal

I need flowers !!
I now own so many vases !!!

What's the best thing to clean crystal vases with ?
mum's ones came out of their tissue paper wrapping so sparkly

The two useful sized matching crystal vases i got for my 21st are not nearly as sparkly as when they were new

So nice that you have something special from your mom @Daisys and Diamonds !

To clean crystal I would let it soak in Dawn and warm water. I think vinegar for stubborn mineral deposits, but I’d have to goggle that. I hope you fill a couple with some beautiful flowers!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So nice that you have something special from your mom @Daisys and Diamonds !

To clean crystal I would let it soak in Dawn and warm water. I think vinegar for stubborn mineral deposits, but I’d have to goggle that. I hope you fill a couple with some beautiful flowers!
Thank you Bluemouse

We don't have dawn here but i assume its just a regular dish wash liquid without the hand moisturizer
I never usually buy the ones with the hand moisturizers ....but they were on special last month so i bought two bottles !

Im thinking unlike a diamond, maybe a vase won't care if i soak it in Palmolive

I do do the white vinigur trick - i just got another two litres so ill give that a go too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results