shape
carat
color
clarity

do women brag more than men?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have friends that must brag about their latest big ticket item they purchased?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
To answer the thread''s title, it depends on the men and the women.

To answer the question in the thread, no I don''t. I don''t associate with those types of people.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s equal... It''s more about personality type. I have known men and women who were very showy and braggarts. Personally that kind of behavior turns me off, so I try not to associate with them.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
In our circle, it''s definitely the guys that brag more. My husband doesn''t at all, though, so he''s an exception to the rule in our crowd. The guys will talk more about what things cost, I guess.

I was watching that Millionaire Matchmaker show, and Patti called one of the guys a "bragasaurus" - I thought that was so funny ;-)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luckily we don''t have friends that brag. I think people who brag are insecure.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think so. I think there are people who brag a lot and people who don''t. It isn''t gender specific, at least in my experience.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Freak. It totally depends on the man or woman.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 4:40:23 PM
Author: vespergirl
In our circle, it''s definitely the guys that brag more. My husband doesn''t at all, though, so he''s an exception to the rule in our crowd. The guys will talk more about what things cost, I guess.

I was watching that Millionaire Matchmaker show, and Patti called one of the guys a ''bragasaurus'' - I thought that was so funny ;-)
i hear more women brag about their handbags then anything else.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 5:01:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Luckily we don''t have friends that brag. I think people who brag are insecure.
Ditto!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple buddies that tell me about all the money they spend on things... and then in the same sentance - tell me how broke they are, and cannot afford anything...
33.gif

I also have a friend that tells me how much she spends on everything... I find that strange. I don''t need to know you went to dinner, and it was X dollars... like she is reviewing her budget with me. I just nod my head - because I don''t know how to answer in any circumstance.

Shrug.
10.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:29:23 AM
Author: tlh
I have a couple buddies that tell me about all the money they spend on things... and then in the same sentance - tell me how broke they are, and cannot afford anything...
33.gif
LOL So do I!

I recall having a conversation with my ex-friend and her husband that went like this:

~They owe over $40,000 in property taxes not including the current year
~They had spent all of the second mortgage money they took out
~But they''re getting a $50,000 pool constructed and "we''ll get our very own seats with our names engraved"
36.gif

My FI and I were so confused after that conversation. We didn''t know whether to feel bad that they were in so much debt or ask when''s the next bbq.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
In my experience, women brag about the great deals they get, as in "you''ll never believe what I found at the Goodwill/garage sale/second hand store!" The men are all about "Yeah, she''s a 47. Yours seems small now doesn''t it?!"

I don''t really know anyone who would brag about spending a lot of money though. Here, that would label you as fairly stupid.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 2:04:13 PM
Author: FrekeChild
To answer the thread's title, it depends on the men and the women.

To answer the question in the thread, no I don't. I don't associate with those types of people.
Ditto freke.

My friends do not talk about purchases or possessions. They talk about politics, travel, life, news, friends, family, work, school, pets, significant others... not material items. Funny I suppose, from a bunch of LA west-siders.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 8:19:07 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 3/15/2009 4:40:23 PM
Author: vespergirl
In our circle, it's definitely the guys that brag more. My husband doesn't at all, though, so he's an exception to the rule in our crowd. The guys will talk more about what things cost, I guess.

I was watching that Millionaire Matchmaker show, and Patti called one of the guys a 'bragasaurus' - I thought that was so funny ;-)
i hear more women brag about their handbags then anything else.
I've never ever heard a woman brag about her handbag.

I hear people (not friends) bragging about their job success and significant others more than anything else.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:44:24 AM
Author: fieryred33143

LOL So do I!

I recall having a conversation with my ex-friend and her husband that went like this:

~They owe over $40,000 in property taxes not including the current year
~They had spent all of the second mortgage money they took out
~But they''re getting a $50,000 pool constructed and ''we''ll get our very own seats with our names engraved''
36.gif

My FI and I were so confused after that conversation. We didn''t know whether to feel bad that they were in so much debt or ask when''s the next bbq.
HAHAH! I''d probably ask when the next BBQ is and offer to bring some hot dogs! hAHA! I''d just avoid the debt conversation completely... it is sooo AKWARD! Your story is funnier though!
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My BIL brags all the time. It''s funny actually.

He always makes a point of calling my DH to tell him about his new cell phone, or NHL tickets, or NHL jersey he traded/bought online. At first I thought it was brotherly love...but it''s way more than that...it''s competitive and annoying. And my husband (God love him) has no idea that this is even remotely tacky. He just thinks his brother is calling the chat...but no. And, whats worse, my BIL will convince my husband to give him things so he can trade them for nicer things.

Example: Hey, M can you send me those bags because I''m working out a deal with So&So and he says if I get him those bags and my old jersey, I can have it!

Me, as I hear this:
20.gif

He''ll also call to tell us all about how they got a new iPod, or iMac...or car...or puppy. Like they are constantly trying to one-up us...it''s over-the-top annoying...I''m frusterated just thinking about it.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:19:52 PM
Author: Tuckins1
I think it''s equal... It''s more about personality type. I have known men and women who were very showy and braggarts. Personally that kind of behavior turns me off, so I try not to associate with them.

I could not have said this better. I can''t stand people that brag about big ticket items and how much they are spending and what their latest purchase is.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who''s husband brags like a 5 year old with a candy bar. Everything he buys is, "Look what I got, this is how much it cost, it''s bigger than YOURSSSS!" I loathe him, and I wish she would divorce him because he is worthless in every way that matters besides this, but that''s another topic
38.gif

He was also the one that, when I got engaged and I excitedly told my friend, asked if the diamond was bigger than hers. Why, yes, yes it was. Eat THAT you jerk.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wait for my next new thread ... Do men SUCK more than women?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t have any friends who brag, and it sounds so bizarre just reading your stories about people who do. I suppose I would be too turned off by such people that I would never associate with them on purpose.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 5:50:26 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I have a friend who''s husband brags like a 5 year old with a candy bar. Everything he buys is, ''Look what I got, this is how much it cost, it''s bigger than YOURSSSS!'' I loathe him, and I wish she would divorce him because he is worthless in every way that matters besides this, but that''s another topic
38.gif

He was also the one that, when I got engaged and I excitedly told my friend, asked if the diamond was bigger than hers. Why, yes, yes it was. Eat THAT you jerk.
Uggg, hate that. My ex''s brother was like this. To make matters worse, he lived in another state and he would call and leave these long email messages:

"Guess where I am? WE are in the airport on our way to Hawii, Europe, a cruise (fill in the blank) OR he would even brag about other people spending money if he was remotely close as in "We just came back from a dinner cruise our boss paid for" Or "We just came back from our friends party. It was a catered affair that cost $95K.

Or "We just got to meet Vice president gore, Al Roker, Martha Stewart, FILL in the blank...."

These awful machine messages and I would just cringe when I heard the messages. His wife was even worse than he was. It did not matter who you are as a person, its all about the money you spend and how much etc...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results