shape
carat
color
clarity

Do these match? (Bolero and Wedding gown)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
I need your opinion! Inspired by Freke''s stylish Bolero, I am thinking about getting one for my wedding to wear with my dress. (thanks for the inspiration Freke!)

You think THIS bolero will match with my dress? My dress is Dutchess Silk Satin in Off white.
I am planning to get my Bolero in white.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30714014

Ulla-Maija Justine.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think it absolutely would look stunning!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I''d worry about having them just slightly too different in color to look matched, and just slightly too close in color to look contrasting.

Can you ask the seller to send you a swatch before ordering? (Perhaps offering a small fee for her troubles could sweeten the pot.)
2.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:59:14 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
I''d worry about having them just slightly too different in color to look matched, and just slightly too close in color to look contrasting.

Can you ask the seller to send you a swatch before ordering? (Perhaps offering a small fee for her troubles could sweeten the pot.)
2.gif
I agree with fleur. I think you need to be careful which white. It''s a beautiful shrug though!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 11:19:35 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Date: 3/1/2010 8:59:14 PM

Author: fleur-de-lis

2.gif
I agree with fleur. I think you need to be careful which white. It''s a beautiful shrug though!

I agree about the white thing. I would be worried about a mismatch in color, especially since they are different silks and will photograph differently. I do agree that the style would work well with your gown though.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I''m almost tempted to get another color, but really wanted white. I''m a little disappointed because I''m getting married in 2 weeks and I didn''t think of getting one before! I might not have enough time to get the perfect fabric to match. I''m working with the lady to get the Bolero going now.

gls

Shiny_Rock
I think it will look stunning, your dress is beautiful!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look stunning together.
I agree though in that you have to make sure it will match perfectly. What I did for our wedding was to have the wedding dress place make my short jacket to go over my wedding dress. They used the exact same material to do so. It turned out beautifully and matched perfectly. I wonder if you could buy extra material from the store that sold you your wedding dress or even commission them to make this jacket for you depending on your comfort level with the store.

Good luck and best wishes,
Melissa

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look lovely with your dress. Good luck with matching.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I LOVE your dress. that combo is going to look stunning!!!!!!

Carats

Shiny_Rock
who makes your dress if you don''t mind me asking?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:32:08 PM
Author: Carats
I''m not HappyDreams but I noticed in the title of her photo file it says Ulla Maija.

Here is the designer site.

Ulla Maija

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:39:59 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/2/2010 1:32:08 PM
Author: Carats
I''m not HappyDreams but I noticed in the title of her photo file it says Ulla Maija.

Here is the designer site.

Ulla Maija

Thanks Claritek! It is an Ulla Maija from the spring 2009 collection. i bought the sample at kleinfeld. i don''t think they sell it anymore and I only saw it on one other bride.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results