shape
carat
color
clarity

Do these go together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of wearing a wedding dress which isn''t white. I love this maggie dress but I wonder if the bridesmaids dresses I like will go...

Please give me your opinions and if they don''t go please feel free to tell me!!

gemini ms.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh hang on - having probs posting the other dress lol....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear me... I had to take a picture of the screen as the pic is too large to post and i can''t resize it. Now the colour isn''t coming across properly.... Oh well you will get the idea lol!

bridesmaidsdress1010.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Personally? I think it would look just fine! Go for it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I think the dresses look beautiful together.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
. I would like it better in a wine color like this:

Jg5280001.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it works, but would like chocolate or bronze even better! (here I am changing your colors!). The dress is stunning though, you really cannot go wrong.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I considered wine but the shade I saw didn''t look right..... I can''t explain why.
4.gif

I really want a bronze colour! Problem is I can''t find that colour in the dresses I like (Alfred Angelo)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this colour too.....

alfredangelo10.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. I LOVE that wedding gown! Not sure about the fuchsia colour with it though. How about like a more deep peachy/apricot colour for the bm''s dresses?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great together!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 6:07:23 PM
Author: Maisie
I like this better with the dress you''ve chosen. Somehow the colours match better. By the way, our photographer gave us a tip when we were chatting with him. He said a lot of brides pick really bright colours for the bridesmaid''s dresses and that draws the eye to the bridesmaids instead of the bride. Personally, I think there''s nothing wrong with that but this thread just amde me think of his advice!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 6:07:23 PM
Author: Maisie
I think the dresses that you are picking are on the cooler side of the color spectrum. I think they will clash as well as take you away from the focus kind of like what Wolftress said. I think it would look more appealing if you found colors on the warmer side of the color spectrum.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think the colors will be just fine together. You could pick up the BM''s colors in your bouquet to tie it all together. If I could photoshop, I would show you what I have in mind!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Maisie...that wedding dress made me gasp! I really gulped for air. I love it. Really.

I love the color too. I used to wear a shade of fingernail polish, it was called mink on ice. It reminds me of your dress color. The details and layers are so brilliant...I can't wrap my brain around how someone came up with such elegance. Great choice!!

On the BM colors...I think I also prefer a warmer shade. The sheen of your dress imitates a metal color. You know like champagne. If it were a silvery pewter more towards cool, I would like the fuchsia...but with this warm sheen could you consider maybe a redder warmer cranberry? I like the intense color you want to use, and I love the BM dress...the shade not in love with it to accompany this dress.

Oh I wish my posts could be more agreeable. Please don't be offended.

DKS

ETA: You wrote the color isn't coming across properly...what is the proper term for the color...or is it at a website where we can see the color more true? Oh the second dress I also love...but again it is a cooler shade of metal...got anything warm?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not offended at all. I need all the help I can get!

When you say warmer colours, what do you mean? I thought about a lighter colour but I didn't think it would work. I don't like it when the bride and bridesmaids wear near enough the same colour. Mind you - I don't like the idea of paling into insignificance next to my 'bright' bridesmaids either!!!

The colour of the first dress is claret. Its here:

http://www.alfredangelounitedkingdom.com/index.cfm/fuseAction/COLLECTIONS.productDetail/fromAdvancedSearch/0/productID/bb50cc49-3578-46c6-92a3-76ef97fb0af3/categoryID/772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65

Thanks for the suggestions
1.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here sre examples of warm colors. I think they go best with warmer colored dresses like the color of your dress.

warmcolors.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Alfred Angelo did not have that many warmer color dreses but here''s an example of one I found:

6333-600.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here are example of cool colors. In my opinion they enhance the icy color of white dresses (yes there are shades of white) and an icy white is closer to the cooler side of the spectrum. A perfect example of this is a diamond. The icy white D color diamond can look stunning next to blue sapphires. The same D color next to M sides stone, not not necessarily enhancing the D color stone, am I shedding any light?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to post. Cool colors:

coolcolors.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I just thought about Alfred Angelo and realized that you are probably coming across many cooler colored BM dresses because most women choose white dresses.

Btw, you are stunning in that dress.
1.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
that maggie dress is to die for,
i''m wearing a maggie dress with similar coloring- diamond white over pale gold satin, yielding an overall champgane-y color

my sisters are wearing alfred angelo Wine,

we went based off of a swatch, and it is a deeper burgundy vs. more of a red as the claret.
we couldn''t find a photo or a sample of it before ordering-
and couldn''t be happier with how they came in.

i agree the richer/warmer shade of that color would be more fitting with that gown

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I love the BM dress in the burnt orange, and the expresso might work also. I think you need a warmer shade than the pink too. I saw a Maggie dress in the gold color recently, it was beautiful!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and foremost, that wedding gown is to die for -- and I very rarely use that phrase!

I agree that the fuschia is not the best choice. The gown has a very "rich" look, while the fuschia has more of a "breezy" feel. I also like the idea of browns or wines with that shade.

It''s always hard to tell from computer monitors, but if you want to stay in the pink range, maybe the AA magenta would be a better fit?

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Maisie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress you''ve picked out! It''s SO elegant, and the colour is spectacular.

Date: 9/7/2007 4:21:13 AM
Author: heraanderson
Alfred Angelo did not have that many warmer color dreses but here''s an example of one I found:
I REALLY love this light burnt orange dress. I thing it would look fabu with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results