shape
carat
color
clarity

Do these flowers work with the BM dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone...

I booked my florist a few months back and was very confident in the colors I chose. I went with Circus roses..I attached a picture if you''re not sure of the color..

Here is a link to the BM dresses, alfred angelo 6540...in sunshine and spice....BM dress

The spice color IRL is a pinkish/orangish color...I know on some screens it shows up strange...

MY bouquet is definitely going to the be circus roses with a few mini mango cala lillies scattered throughout...it will have close to 3 dozen roses in it, I just love the look of a full rose bouquet and the contrast on the ivory dress.

Right now I have 12-14 circus roses for each BMs bouquet and they will be hand tied with a yellow ribbon...do you think I should add a contrasting color? I''m not sure if the flowers will get lost in the dress? I was considering having the BMs have all white but I''m not sure how that would look either.

The groomsmen will all have a circus rose for their bout, and FI is going to have a mini mango calla lily to tie in all of the flowers.

The mothers are currently carrying ivory nosegays(spelling?) but now that they have chosen their dress colors, I may add a single rose of the color of their dress to make it more personal.

nov circus roses.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
For me personally, it would be too matchy-matchy. And I would be really worried the colors would be off. For example the yellow in the roses is a lot brighter and more orange than the yellow of the dresses. I would personally go with something that added contrast and complimented the dress colors. Just my honest opinion though.

ETA: I love the bouquet you have chosen for yourself. What is you did cala lillies with cream accents for the BM flowers?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would do something different with the BM's bouquets. I think I would go solid yellow. Maybe do a tiny accent of the spice color in a berry, if you really feel that you need that color in their bouqets, but I really think that a solid bouquet would be quite lovely.

Edit: I was playing with the colors of the dresses and for some reason thought the main color of the dresses was the spice color. Maybe the yellow bouquet would get lost in the sunshine color. I'm sorry for the bad suggestion.

White is always beautiful.

To answer your question, your original choice of flowers will probably not get lost in the dress because they are very vibrant and beautiful.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I agree with sparkles on this one,that it''s a little to matchy-matchy for my taste as well. I would go for something maybe simpler like white with maybe hints of yellow,that way you have some contrast.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 3:54:16 PM
Author: Amzizzle
I agree with sparkles on this one,that it''s a little to matchy-matchy for my taste as well. I would go for something maybe simpler like white with maybe hints of yellow,that way you have some contrast.
Ditto for me.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 4:03:20 PM
Author: mscushion

Ditto for me.
Double ditto
21.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone. I thought the same thing, just wanted to make sure it wasn''t second guessing wedding nerves... I left a message for the florist-I think I''m going to either go with all ivory roses or ivory with either a few circus or a few mini mango calla lilies. Hopefully its not too late to change the order...if it is, it won''t be the end of the world either.

If I go with all ivory I''ll switch the groomsmen "bouts" to ivory as well...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 4:28:36 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Date: 3/21/2010 4:03:20 PM

Author: mscushion

Ditto for me.

Double ditto
21.gif

Triple ditto :)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your BM dresses! what about cream roses with small bits of golden/yellow accents?

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sparkly! I saw them in a magazine and just fell in love. So many color combinations, I almost went with charcoal and black dresses, but I thought a beachy summer wedding should have summer colors. Looking back, my life would have been much easier if I had done charcoal and black! I wanted my BMs to feel pretty and comfortable, and they tell me they love their dresses. I hope they mean it and aren''t just being nice! :)

Update! I spoke with my florist this morning. She has seen the dress in person and thinks we shouldn''t go with ivory, especially if I am not going to change my bouquet. She''s worried about continuity in pictures and also is afraid the ivory will look too dull against the dress. She is going to add some greens to the bouquet to give more contrast and is also going to make me a mini mock up of both circus roses and ivory and circus to take with me to my next fitting. She also said we have some time that if we have to have another meeting and start over not to worry...that was some good news. She''s awesome. I feel much better all around, if it doesn''t look right at the fitting, we''ll start over...not what I want to do, but it could be worse!

I may do some photoshopping while on my lunch hour, if I have time, I''ll post the dress with a similar bouquet!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
What if their bouquets had more of the calla lillies in them? I think a contrast from the light yellow dresses would be nice. You could have a few of the circus roses in their bouquets, but more of the beautiful, rust colored callas to add a little more of a punch.

rustcallas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results