clarity

Do people know... ?

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
The difference between carat and carrot. I think not. :???:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One is a vegetable and the other is a unit of weight used in the gem industry.

I can't keep them straight ... but that's okay because I'm gay. :saint:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll buy one carat for the price of one carrot please.

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
Haha! Speaking of gay. I am meeting my gay friends tomorrow evening for happy hour. So excited!

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
Karat or carrot...

And they still spell Kardashian properly without using Google. Sad.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karat is a gold measurement used in Europe and USA, ......but in the United Kingdom it is spelt Carat the same way as the diamond weight measurement. We have 9 carat gold and 18 carat gold but no 10 carat or 14 carat gold here. :geek2::geek2: In the rest of Europe 14 karat gold in popular and in Germany they have 8 karat gold.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate carrots but I love carats.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karat is a gold measurement used in Europe and USA, ......but in the United Kingdom it is spelt Carat the same way as the diamond weight measurement. We have 9 carat gold and 18 carat gold but no 10 carat or 14 carat gold here. :geek2::geek2: In the rest of Europe 14 karat gold in popular and in Germany they have 8 karat gold.

Well, shoot, pyramid, I never noticed that! And I have been perusing websites about gold for many, many years...the websites of many nations, including the UK. I was really asleep at the wheel.

I did know that the UK used 9K (or carat) and 18K (or carat) gold, however. Unlike you, I have not found 14K gold popular in Europe. I have found 18K to be the norm in Western Europe. Most of my experience has been in Italy, however. I think 14K gold is exceedingly rare there.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karat, carat, and carrot all have their moments of being delicious :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results