shape
carat
color
clarity

Do most women think they look younger than their age?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know how exactly how you feel about photos @stracci2000 .

I look older than my age.
Ha ha....ditto!!!:lol::lol::lol-2:

But in reality, I feel that I'm just not photogenic. Believe me, My DH is a photographer, so I have years of proof. I hardly ever look good in photos. So every pic of myself looks bad--to me anyway.

And also, when we look at ourselves in the mirror everyday, we see a reverse image.
When we see a photo, we are seeing ourselves straight on, the way others see us. This is why photos of ourselves always look strange, like another person.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Df, to answer your question "Do most women think they look younger than their age?"
According to this thread, yes. Whether they actually do or not...

Aging is a weird topic. Unpopular opinion coming: I don't think most people look younger than their age. When people guess younger ages, it's on purpose, because should you guess 3 days too old you'll be crucified! Why are people (generally women) so flattered to be guessed younger? It's ingrained into society that women have an expiry date, and we grasp at any straws to stay within that. Our perception of aging has also changed. Basically any celebrity over 30 has botox, fillers, lifts, etc. Aging is not bad. Looking your age is not bad.
/rantover I'll go hide until people stop throwing things now :lol:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Df, to answer your question "Do most women think they look younger than their age?"

Aging is a weird topic. Unpopular opinion coming: I don't think most people look younger than their age. When people guess younger ages, it's on purpose, because should you guess 3 days too old you'll be crucified! Why are people (generally women) so flattered to be guessed younger? It's ingrained into society that women have an expiry date, and we grasp at any straws to stay within that. Our perception of aging has also changed. Basically any celebrity over 30 has botox, fillers, lifts, etc. Aging is not bad. Looking your age is not bad.

so true. a friend was saying how she caught an episode of the real housewives of orange county and how weird everyone looked. i haven't seen the show but lived in LA for a while and there's definitely a weird look that becomes normal among middle aged affluent women there.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so true. a friend was saying how she caught an episode of the real housewives of orange county and how weird everyone looked. i haven't seen the show but lived in LA for a while and there's definitely a weird look that becomes normal among middle aged affluent women there.
Lots of people over 30 in L.A. look identical because they're all getting the same facial work done. Inflated lips, cheek filler, Barbie noses, etc. It's why Kylie Jenner looks 40 even though she's in her early 20s.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! You articulated what I wanted to say! Totally agree!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I look a bit younger than my 50 years but that could be due to my failing eyesight :lol:. Wrinkles look less pronounced when you can’t see well!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What does 30, 40, 50, 60 etc look like? What is it supposed to look like? I feel that I look my age because that's my look and I am my age. As a white woman I show age more than friends who are non-white. I look better with makeup on, but not younger, just more polished and aesthetically pleasing. I've not had any "work" done.

There are people who are surprised that I'm in my late 50s. They are my students living in poverty. Their grandparents are my age and have had much tougher lives so they tend to look older than me. My friends and neighbors tell me I look great (meaning younger) and I tell them the same thing.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I look a bit younger than my 50 years but that could be due to my failing eyesight :lol:. Wrinkles look less pronounced when you can’t see well!

Ah yes, failing eyesight is how my husband still thinks I'm pretty!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm probably the odd one out because I just don't care. My husband was listening to the radio in a car and they had people phone in at what age do you no longer give a @#t about how you look. One of the announcers said her 80+ year old grandmother took off her underwear and said she no longer gives a toss what anyone thinks or says.

Most people were in the 70s or 80s. My husband wanted to phone in and say he met me when I was 26. And back then at 26 I didn't give a @#t and that has never changed the past 22+ years.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I suspect I look younger than my age, but I get a lot of Botox. I have severe migraines and my neurologist does Botox every 12 weeks on the dot. It’s a miracle drug. Migraines aren’t gone, but they are manageable.

The side effect is that there is not a line to be seen anywhere on my forehead and I haven’t been able to raise my eyebrows in years. I’ll take it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results