shape
carat
color
clarity

Do Most Men Not Like Diamond Wedding Bands?

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
Both my husband and my son have plain wedding bands. When I got married I asked my husband if he would like to get a band with stones that were similar to those on my wedding rings and he absolutely did not. My son told his wife the same thing. I don't know if it has to do with being worried a stone will get lost at work or if they just do not think diamonds on a man's wedding band looks masculine. This is just something I have always been curious about.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. many don't like diamond wedding bands or don't care for jewelry in general, with the exception of luxury watches.
I love diamonds as a man. But If I had a choice between 1.0c I VS2 and Rolex DateJust/Submariner, it would be the Rolex. :dance:
I also said "No" to diamond wedding band, when my wife asked. I rather spend the money on other things.

More importantly, a plain ring is elegant, simple and goes everywhere and with everything.

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
I have rarely seen men wear diamond wedding bands. I have seen a few where there were maybe 3 small diamonds in a narrow panel on the front of the band but that's about it. My husband has a black carbonite band that is kinda wide and very sturdy. It has a black metal cable and two industrial looking screws on the front and he absolutely loves it. You don't get much more masculine looking than that. lol

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband doesn't like them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know statistics on this issue but my dh refuses to wear any diamonds in his wedding band (I know this because I tried lol) but his best friend wears a diamond in his wedding band as does my uncle. So it comes down to aesthetics and what works for the individual. My dh is however into watches and loves his collection of beautiful watches.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So 17 years ago my husband who even refused to wear a watched picked out a wedding band with diamonds. I was quite surprised!
It has a small row of 5 stones I think .30 carat tw (so they are tiny but not real tiny). I really thought that he would go with a simple
plat band and was quite surprised that he picked out a band that was 2 tone with diamonds. It took me a little bit to get used to but
I sort of picked what I thought I wanted so if thats what he wanted...by all means go for it.

Now, you have to remember this was 17 years ago so this style is not "in" anymore. I've never asked him if he would pick the same
band over again or something different.

2016-11-06_16.jpg

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
It seems that the consensus is no, which is supported by the fact that the men's sticky thread in SMTB is only 23 pages long and many of the men's rings are without diamonds.

To my own surprise, I have become fascinated with diamonds after doing lots of research here and asking questions on the forum. However, I would assume that I am more the exception than the rule, in that regard.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of the ones I know, personally do with the exception of those men who are active posters on this forum.

I tried too, I found the most masculine diamond bands I could. Nope. Mine wears a simple Tungsten Carbide band now.

This was the one he said was "even remotely possible" but ultimately, nope.

2ee9f1abbcf2b4cba7df13eca3d013d3.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Most men I know have plain bands. A handful have diamond/pearl/ gemstones'set in them. I have amassed a few. :)

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my parent's social set either have a subtle stone or three in a band, but more often have a huge rock (diamond or gem) or gold ring from a fraternity, school, honorary society, or the like -- signet ring style. Most are pretty exquisite. several had sport-team inspired rings; my grand-dad has a custom ring made with a 3-D ramhead with diamonds in the curl of each horn to commemorate the Jets. Like others said, they also have a lot of really expensive watches. I know a lot of men that will choose texture or color, but not a gemstone (i.e., wood, niobium, stone, bone, mixed metals, non-precious metals). In my professional world, plain plain plain seems to be the byword among the men. About 50% are comfort fit yellow gold and 50% a non-precious metal. My DH loves color, so he has a wide titanium band with two yellow gold bars and a niobium band down the middle. It suits him perfectly.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think I know any men who have diamonds in their ring. My husband says all the men he knows would not think it's masculine to wear diamonds in a band and would think it's a big waste of money.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. My husband has a 4 mm plain platinum band that is beat to oblivion. Kind of like his soul. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
My husband wanted a plain band to "match" my plain wedding band (his is 5mm, mine is 2mm). He's a pretty low-key guy, and I can't imagine him wanting to wear diamonds--he only tried on plain bands with no stones.

The only guy I know who has diamonds in his wedding band is a family member whose mother died before he got engaged, and he used stones from his mom's rings for his band and his wife's engagement ring and wedding band--it's a very sweet way to remember his mother, and his band (and her rings) looks great.

LunaStar

Rough_Rock
My father's wedding band had nine tiny stones lined across the front of the band. My mother's wedding band was the same only her was more narrow. I learned when I was in my late teens that he chose to have their bands made this way to help him remember their wedding anniversary was in September. I asked him once what helped him remember that it was the 10th of September and he said "Well, I have ten fingers, so I just look at my ring and remember September. Then, I look at my fingers and remember the 10th." Pretty clever, I guess! LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results