shape
carat
color
clarity

Do misters help beat the heat?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're having an outdoor party for DS's first birthday this coming Saturday. It's no surprise that'll be hot but the heat here late has been oppressive. It's too far out for an accurate forecast but I think it's safe to say it'll be hot!

Anyway, I'm thinking about buying some misting system or a misting tower. Has anyone used these to beat the heat? I'm not expecting a miracle just some relief.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
they work sorta.
If it is hot and humid then they don't help much at all, if it is hot and dry they help some.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a mister at our local zoo and its wonderful! Not sure of make/model or anything except it spits out mist that
feels great. I'm in FL so we also have the hot humidity...yuck.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I think that they help a little bit. DH and I went to the county fair last week, and they had misters set up all around. It was 95+ and it was just too hot, regardless of the misters. It was miserable. We bought some fair food and left within 20 minutes!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I think it can help to an extent. But it's mostly a relief when it's a DRY heat. If it's hot & humid you're better off getting a water game that kids can play in, like a slip 'n' slide or something. For the adults, super cold beer? :) Hope the weather breaks for you son's birthday. How old is he turning?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys. I decided to *invest* a whopping $13 in two mister stands. I figured, in the very least, the kids can hang out near them if they choose. I was going to buy an inexpensive mister system but I don't have anything to attach it to other than the tent and I don't want our food getting all yucky!

Liang, DS is turning 1! It's a big deal...to me anyway! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is in the 90's, I can't honestly see an outdoor party unless it is a pool party. I'd change it to early morning or night if you have to have it outside.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any experience with the misters...but I just wanted to say that every time I glance at your title I think it says 'Do Ministers help beat the heat?' and it gives me a giggle, so thanks for that!

Good luck on Saturday; our temps around here have been 100+ for the past weekend and it finally broke today it be in the 90's- sweet relief!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I keep reading "misters" like the plural of Mr.

Weather dust for the party! A first birthday party is a huge deal! Have a great time.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we visited our daughter's camp in one spot they had an industrial sized mister that shot out a very fine cool mist. It was very muggy and it was definitely very refreshing feeling (in part because the mist was cold). I don't know how that compares to something one would rent/buy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results