shape
carat
color
clarity

do i HAVE to have a bridal shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
It''s just no one has offered to throw one and I am a 14 hour drive away from everyone except my sister. The only time we''ll be in town is in july and pretty much everyday and night is booked up. The sunday afternoon after the bachlorette party is open but whose gonna wanna do that lol! so what do you think? is it ok to not have one? I know i have some rellies who will be disappointed but what can ya do!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
IMO, If no one has offered to throw you one, then no one can be upset that you didn't have one. Other than your mom of course... those throwing the wedding aren't supoosed to throw a shower as well. (at least not in their own name, that is)

I don't think that the day after the Bachelorette party is a good idea. I think if you did it the afternoon before the bachelorette party, then that is a different story. I live out of town, and will be going home for a couples shower that is being thrown by my parent's best friends... we have tossed around the idea of having it that evening, since everyone will be in town.

The real question... are you upset that no one has offered?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re the bride, you can do/have whatever you want! Are you sure no one''s planning one? Could they be planning a surprise shower for you?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
well the reason we can''t have one the day before is because the day before that it''s my best friend''s birthday so we were all planning to take her out for a night of fun that weekend (it will be a long week!) and so nobody is going to want to go to a shower the afternoon after that either. that night before we are planning to go see the 6th harry potter movie :D me and my best friend are HUGE fans so i cant even dare suggest that haha

we''ll be there july 16th til the 20th or 21st. Depends on our job situations...

also to answer the question if ill be upset if there isnt one..not really. but i do know it is tradition in our family so other people may be upset
20.gif
my aunt was asking me about it today which is why i was thinking about it. although i don''t know why she would want to drive 20 hours roundtrip just for a bridal shower!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:24:13 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
well the reason we can''t have one the day before is because the day before that it''s my best friend''s birthday so we were all planning to take her out for a night of fun that weekend (it will be a long week!) and so nobody is going to want to go to a shower the afternoon after that either. that night before we are planning to go see the 6th harry potter movie :D me and my best friend are HUGE fans so i cant even dare suggest that haha

we''ll be there july 16th til the 20th or 21st. Depends on our job situations...

also to answer the question if ill be upset if there isnt one..not really. but i do know it is tradition in our family so other people may be upset
20.gif
my aunt was asking me about it today which is why i was thinking about it. although i don''t know why she would want to drive 20 hours roundtrip just for a bridal shower!
That is one VERY busy weekend, Damn. I completely understand though. My best friends are still at home, so when I go home, I try and celebrate as many things at once as I can convince people to. Ex: "Ohh, we all have birthdays in March... I''ll be home so-and-so weekend, we should go out and celebrate together!!" LOL. Works every time
2.gif

The way I see it, like I said above... if you''re family thinks it''s an important tradition, then they can find someone to throw you a shower. I know you may not be worried now, but it sounds like maybe it''s going to bother you if people keep asking. Did you tell your mom that your Aunt asked about it?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You dont have to have one... but I do have to say, it is nice to get everyone together. I know a lot of girls who do a shower luncheon... break for naps and dressing... and then go out for a bachelorette party. I had a couple of showers thrown for me... and they were fun. I think that your best friend probably wouldn''t mind going out and joining your celebration as a combo bday bachellorette party if you wanted to celebrate with her in that regard... even though it is her birthday party, I think she''d be more than understanding about your situation and would be happy to allow you a bridal shower in the afternoon, in lieu of a birthday celebration. Just my .02

Sunday would be fine, if you aren''t a big drinker... but you''d be surprised how crazy it can get and how much you can drink!

I had to fly into town several times to attend, but it was worth it... maybe you can just plan on another trip out if possible? (I live 1500 miles away from everyone else who was IN my wedding and where my wedding was held...) Just another thought...
35.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
oh i know for a fact we will all be hungover on sunday lol

i had considered combining the shower and bachlorette party into one day but we are already having a bbq before we go out for the party to play games and what not...

hmm

i know i won't ask my best friend to combine her birthday with the bachlorette party though, definitely not. it's her birthday and she should get the attention :)

eta: did i mention this weekend we'll be doing dress fittings and talking to the cake lady, marriage counseling, and ordering flowers
32.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i mentioned it to fsil and she''s gonna mention it to fmil and they are gonna try and cook something up during that week so i guess it didnt matter to make this thread lol

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:18:11 PM
Author: meresal
IMO, If no one has offered to throw you one, then no one can be upset that you didn''t have one. Other than your mom of course... those throwing the wedding aren''t supoosed to throw a shower as well. (at least not in their own name, that is)

I don''t think that the day after the Bachelorette party is a good idea. I think if you did it the afternoon before the bachelorette party, then that is a different story. I live out of town, and will be going home for a couples shower that is being thrown by my parent''s best friends... we have tossed around the idea of having it that evening, since everyone will be in town.

The real question... are you upset that no one has offered?
ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results