shape
carat
color
clarity

DO & DON'T when choosing an eternity band

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I decided to forgo the EC and go straight to an eternity band instead (not my first wedding!). Having never shopped for this kind of band, Before, I would like to know what to pay attention to when looking for the perfect etenity ring. Are color and clarity as important, or the cut? I am lookiing at round or asscher cut as emerald seems less comfortable!
Help

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
HI
Colour and clarity are a personal choice - for me G colour with slight inclusions was fine and the ring looks great. It really is something only you can decide.

I half a 9 stone eternity that totally covers the top of my finger and goes into side but leaves the bottom just platinum. - it means I don't have have worry about banging the underside of the ring and from the top of my hand it looks like a full eternity

will try and find some pictures and post later
:wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preferences are very individual. I always want full eternities because I don't like seeing any metal when my ring turns. Other people don't mind. I would rather risk the stones on the inside of the hand.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Band rings can be quite difficult to get right, imho, in terms of numbers and size of diamonds, setting height etc etc. I'm not sure it is easily done buying online, sight unseen. My advice would be to go into several shops and try many styles, you will get a much better idea of what will suit you. Go for the best cut diamonds you can afford.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second going to a shop & trying lots on. My eternity ring was commissioned by my husband & claw set. It's a full band of princesses. It was comfy sandwiched between wedding & engagement rings, but too spikey to wear alone. It was hideously uncomfortable. Anyway, it kept going off round due to the delicate platinum work, so my friend In London remade it for me into a sturdy channel setting. And now it's solid, smooth & I can't feel that I'm wearing it, with or without the other rings.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everyone has a different threshold for all of the design specifics, so I'd ditto everyone & go try them on--its a huge difference seeing the setting on your hand vs in your mind!

For me, I found the u setting to sit a bit higher than the basket setting. I also think the basket setting offers more protection to the stones. Depending on how big your stones are, you will feel the ring initially. My stones are half carats & after while that aspect of 'feeling' the ring went totally away. Its a nothing to me, it doesn't bother me in the least, others a complete deal breaker. So its best to go try them on to be sure.

I also got a small sizing bar. I'm in my late 50's, & weight fluctuates. For a young person, I'd still advise a sizing bar, just to be absolutely sure. Nothing would be worse than having a wedding ring that you couldn't re-size if needed. I agree with LLJ'smom--I hate that little blank space, but for me it was a necessity, unfortunately. :naughty:

custom-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42448_1.jpg

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your advice. I am hitting the stores today, to try some on.
I

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love your ring! Thank you so much for posting a picture as it is what I was looking for. I am glad to know a bit more about the basket setting, and the size of your stones. Are they round?

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for this thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results