shape
carat
color
clarity

DJ prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

The DJ that I would really like to use does not send out his prices, he rather has a consultation with you first before letting you know what the cost is. I don''t want to go into this blindly, I had a friend who paid 600 for a DJ and one who paid 1500. I wanted to know what I should expect to pay him, he is truely fabulous but I dont want to get taken advantage of by not knowing what the going rates are.

Thank you!!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
We''re paying 2800 for our DJ. He played at a wedding I recently attended and EVERYONE was dancing! I can''t wait for our wedding! (NY price)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
We paid 1100 or 1200 I believe for a DJ and an MC. (Connecticut)

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
We''re paying $2000 for

1 hour pre-recorded cocktail hour music
4 hours reception

DJ, MC, and live percussionist for the 4-hour reception
and a Sinatra-esque singer for the 20 minutes when dinner is being presented and served.

I seriously LOVE my DJ!!!!

We live on Long Island (NY)

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I think we found MC + DJ for under $1000. We ended up getting the MC alone for around $300-400 b/c we have a relative who was a DJ and did it for free. Having an MC (or a DJ who will talk up the audience) makes a HUGE difference. As pros, they should be good at getting a bunch of people who prolly don't all know each other to get up and dance together and have a great time. This was for Los Angeles.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
We're paying $575 for our DJ/MC. That includes an hour for the ceremony and four hours for the reception. Since we booked in the spring, the price for that package has gone up to $675, which is slightly on the high end around here. I'm in North Carolina.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys so much!

I''m in the Boston area (North Shore) and I guess I''ll try to bank between 1000 and 1500? Anyone from MA have any input?

griffitk

Rough_Rock
We''re pay $500 in Phoenix for a DJ/MC. He''s a great deal, though! :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours is $950 (WI)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of a friend may do ours. 4-5 hour reception at $300 is what I have heard he will do it for. May be a little higher.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! in louisiana i was pricing $450 for dj''s. we ended up going with a band though
4.gif

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 10:20:27 AM
Author: jcrow
wow! in louisiana i was pricing $450 for dj''s. we ended up going with a band though
4.gif

wow, that''s great!
I priced some bands first, and really loved 2. The CHEAPER of the 2 was still $7500 for 4 hours!!!
14.gif
I hate NY wedding prices!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 10:43:07 AM
Author: Shiny42805

Date: 7/13/2006 10:20:27 AM
Author: jcrow
4.gif
wow, that''s great!
I priced some bands first, and really loved 2. The CHEAPER of the 2 was still $7500 for 4 hours!!!
14.gif
I hate NY wedding prices!!!!
WOW! our band was cheaper than what some people are posting that they are paying for djs!

everytime i get upset at the lack of options in our city, i tell myself that the options we do have are far cheaper than if we lived in a city with everything offered! we are able to get much more where we live with our budget than if we lived in a big city like NY!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
$400 DJ for 3 hours. If you want a DJ that talks a lot be careful, b/c some of them can be really annoying. I went a wedding recently, that the DJ kept announcing so many different dances for certain people, that I felt it kept me from dancing as much as I wanted to.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I have a great DJ in mind, who doesnt talk too too much and actually acts more as a coordinator as well as emcee and DJ. He sent us out this packet that we have to fill out as well as meet with him to discuss price and music selection (general music as well as what we want for cake cutting, this that etc), and he also coordinates with the photographers and other vendors as to when certain pics would be good to take, etc. I just hope he''s not more than 1500.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your reception location can probably recommend a DJ that they have worked with in the past, usually you can get a small discount that way if they are a preferred vendor.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
My brother paid $750 in Boston, MA 2 years ago.
(And he wasn''t great - ex. he plays Eminem at the reception. ugh.)
Hope that helps.

Scintillating...

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
we''re probably going to have a local music minister from one of the churches do ours...since we''re both studying to be in the ministry we''re getting him for $375 for 3 hrs. but his wife also works with my fiance''s mom sooooooo that helps...he''s done a ton of weddings and everyone has talked good about him.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OK so update...I've talked to the DJ I really like and he charges $1495 (for however long we keep him, he does not charge overtime if we decided to keep the hall longer). (600-1500 seems to be average in Boston area). Just thought I'd update for people looking for DJs.

He's great, we saw him at another wedding and he was very outgoing and personable (but not annoying/too talkative) and he also acts as a coordinator and takes charge of everything not food related (which is what the day-of coordinator does at my venue, ensures everyone is at their tables when they need to be and that everything is OK food wise). We met with him for an hour today, and then we'll meet with him for 2-4 hours a few weeks before the wedding, and he's goign to send us CDs he makes of what he thinks would be good for different times during reception, to make sure that what ends up being played at differnet times (IE, dinner, after dinner, cocktail hour) is what we want played at those times (he doesnt actually play off the CD, it's a sample he makes of what will be played when). He takes care of so much, it's a huge weight off my shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results